Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Personal Weapons Load out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Personal Weapons Load out Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Personal Weapons Load out - 12/10/2002 12:57:55 AM   
slickric

This would be my choice for a weapons load out if I were in a squad.

As my assult rifle.
[IMG]http://www.boomspeed.com/leechman/hk33a2.jpg[/IMG]
HK33 had been developed by the German company Heckler und Koch in mid- to late 1960s as a scaled-down version of their G3 battle rifle, and entered production in 1968. HK33 was developed for then-new cartridge, 5.56x45mm (.223 Remington), and while it had not been adopted by German military, it saw significant use by some West Germany police and security units, and also widely exported, and used by Malaysia, Chile and Thailand armed forces. Since 1999, HK33 also manufactured under license in Turkey. HK33 is still in production in Germany by HK, and also served as a platform for further developments, such as G-41 assault rifle and HK53 compact assault rifle (known by the HK as submachine gun).

As my close quaters weapon.
[IMG]http://www.boomspeed.com/leechman/mp5k_r3_c2.jpg[/IMG]
One of the worlds wide-spreaded SMGs, MP5 began its service in 1961 with Bundeswehr (West Germany Army) and other Germany law enforcement agencies. Today MP5 is adopted by many armies and law enforcement agencies, including US Army and Navy.
MP5 is offered in following base configurations: A1 - without stock, A2 - with fixed polymer stock, A3 - with telescopic metal stock; SD1-SD3 - variants with integral silencers and stocks as in A1-A3 models; MP5N - US Navy model with 3-rounds burst mode and ambidextrous fire selector.
MP5 is a recoil-operated, roller-delayed blowback select-fire weapon (overall design is very similar to HK G3 battle rifle). It fires from the closed bolt, thus achieving a good accuracy.
Standart sights are select range peep-hole rear and pos front sights. MP5 may be equipped with night or scope sights, laser aiming devices, tactical lights (as shown on picture).
Old variants of the MP5 had ported metal handguard and straight box magazines; Neves variants have polymer handguard and curved box magazines to ensure reliable feeding.
For some time HK produced 10mm auto and .40SW versions of MP5, named MP5/10 and MP5/40, respectively, but now they are discontinued in favor of the newest HK UMP submachine gun.
MP5's are rugged, reliable and accurate weapons, one of the best in this class.

And last but not least my Pistol.
[IMG]http://www.boomspeed.com/leechman/uspexpert_lg.jpg[/IMG]
The HK USP (Universal Selbstlade Pistole in German, or Universal Self-loading Pistol), was initially designed in 9mm and .40SW variants and appeared on the scene in 1993.
All USP pistols are built on the same modified Browning linkless locked breech action with patented recoil reduction system. USP has molded polymer frame with special grooves for quick mounting of laser aiming modules or tactical lights. Basic USP version was designed as a Police and Military handgun. One of the remarkable features of the USP is a wide variety of the trigger styles - total of 9 combinations are known, in DA or DAO, with or without manual safety and/or decocker.
In 1995, HK presented USP in .45, mostly for the US market.
First USP Compact handguns appeared in 1994, and are scaled down versions of the fullsize USPs.
USP is a serious combat/self defence gun, but HK also designed a "sporting" versions of the USP - USP Match and USP Expert.
USP Match has polygonal rifled barrel, O-ring and compensator, and tuned for target shooting.
USP Expert, presented in 1998, is designed for serious European IPSC competitions, It has ajustable rear sight, extended barrel and slide and O-ring for better accuracy.
Another thing is the USP Tactical. It is available only in .45ACP and is a "brother" to the SpecOps HK Mk.23 handgun. USP Tactical is similar to USP .45 except for leghtened barrel with threads (for mounting the silencer, same as on Mk.23), ajustable rear sights and match trigger. USP Tactical is a serious combat tool, no doubdt.
Two wariations of the USP now adopted in Germany: the P8 - by Bundeswehr (German Army) and the P10 - by German Police. The P8 is a standart USP with specific features, such as safety/decocker lever and treansluscent plastic magaznes; The P10 is in fact a USP Compact. Both P8 and P10 are in 9x19mm Luger ((mm NATO) only.

I am a very big guy so I would be able to carry these weapons and ammo with no problems.
What would be you're choice for a weapons load out?

Post #: 1
- 12/10/2002 6:35:12 AM   
troopie

R-5 for both rifle and SMG. Armsel Striker for close quarters. Browning 9mm for pistol. It's old but it's a classic.

troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 2
- 12/10/2002 7:16:39 AM   
CCB

MP-44
PPSH-41
Colt .45 auto
entrenching tool
Bowie knife
closed fist
harsh sarcasm and name calling (mostly consisting of 'your mama..')
biting.

:D

Peux Ce Que Veux
in den vereinigten staaten hergestellt

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 3
- 12/10/2002 7:50:55 AM   
Raindog101

How about in no particular order:
1 Colt M-16 .223 Cal. With 30 magazines, 20 rounds each.
1 .45 ACP Colt Automatic Pistol, with 10 magazines, and shoulder Holster
10 Fragmentation grenades. 2 smoke grenades
2x 100 round belts of 7.62 NATO (for M-60 gunner)
Either 1 Machete, 1 LAW Rocket or block of C-4 with blasting caps
8 Canteens for water
1 week of C or LRRP rations
1 Poncho
1 Paratrooper Pocket knife
1 Marine K-Bar Knife
1 Rucksack
1 Web Gear
1 Cigarette pack holder Waterproof.
Matches
P-38 can opener
Dog Tags
Jungle Fatigues
1 Steel Helmut and Liner
3 camo crayons
Heat tabs
Toilet paper
Entrenching tool
Rifle Cleaning kit
Toothbrush
1 combat wound dressing
Condiments for C-Rats (sent from home)
Tablet and pen and envelopes
Various other souvenirs and junk…
I probably forgot something. This was my everyday loadout from Nov. 1966 to june 1968

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 4
- 12/10/2002 9:04:11 AM   
Sgt.Striker

Quad 50s on a half track,you don't need anything else :p

Nemo me Impune Lassit
(no one provokes me with Impunity)

Motto of the Black Watch

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 5
- 12/10/2002 7:38:17 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

FNC1A1 my old room mate.

Heavy, solid, 7.62, better punch than AK47 (and the M-16 doesn't even deserve invite to this list).

Wood furniture for when you run out of ammo and want to take out your anger clubbing something to death (and still have a rifle that can be used when you cool down).

Full auto who needs it, I was taught to kill you with the first round, we aim in Canada:D

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 6
- 12/11/2002 5:16:30 AM   
Sgt.Striker

and if i miss,i got three other barrels to get him with ,hehee

Nemo me Impune Lassit
(no one provokes me with Impunity)

Motto of the Black Watch

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 7
- 12/11/2002 7:08:50 AM   
Raindog101

Thankfully U.S. Army experts didn’t seek the advice of Canada on what would make a good infantry rifle for jungle warfare. They were probably put off by the fact that the Canadian Army wears dresses. After a rocky intro, the .223 chambered M-16 was a near perfect weapon for close-quarter jungle combat, once we figured out how to keep them from jamming, that is. And thank the Sweet, Holy Savior for fully automatic fire. It has suppressed many, many (Which reminds me of this:

The Special Forces Major was on the radio trying to find out from his South Vietnamese counter-part how many NVA were attempting to overrun their base camp.
“Oh there are many, many” his counter-part said in a panic.
“How many?” the Major asked again.
“Many, many” he replied once more.
“Listen” the Major said, “Is there an American there I can talk too?”
A Special Forces Staff Sergeant came on the radio, and the Major asked him,
“Sarge, How many enemy are you facing?”
“Oh a whole sh*t-pot full,” the Sergeant said.
“Finally!” the Major said, “I’m talking to someone who can count!”)

As I was saying, full-auto has suppressed enemy fire 1000’s of times for Medevacs, rescue attempts etc. Any main infantry rifle that lacks this feature is worse than useless, it’s a hazard. Open country combat would be a different story of course. The 7.62 NATO would probably be best here, but you couldn’t carry as much ammo, but re-supply would be better. The Proper tool for the proper job.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 8
- 12/11/2002 12:13:34 PM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Eagle101
[B]How about in no particular order:
8 Canteens for water
1 Poncho
1 Marine K-Bar Knife
1 Rucksack
1 Web Gear
Matches
P-38 can opener
Dog Tags
Jungle Fatigues
1 Steel Helmut and Liner
3 camo crayons
Heat tabs
Toilet paper
Entrenching tool
Rifle Cleaning kit
Toothbrush
1 combat wound dressing
I probably forgot something. This was my everyday loadout from Nov. 1966 to june 1968 [/B][/QUOTE]

And you were able to walk with all this???? Out of interest, how much would you say that the above load would weigh?

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 9
- 12/11/2002 12:26:54 PM   
troopie

That's just a standard load for somebody hitting patrol in the bush. Substitute an R-1 for the M-16, a Browning for the .45 ACP and halve the bombs and ammunition and it's what I carried on border patrol. And make that two belts for a FN MAG 7.62mm

troopie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Eagle101
[B]How about in no particular order:
8 Canteens for water
1 Poncho
1 Marine K-Bar Knife
1 Rucksack
1 Web Gear
Matches
P-38 can opener
Dog Tags
Jungle Fatigues
1 Steel Helmut and Liner
3 camo crayons
Heat tabs
Toilet paper
Entrenching tool
Rifle Cleaning kit
Toothbrush
1 combat wound dressing
I probably forgot something. This was my everyday loadout from Nov. 1966 to june 1968 [/B][/QUOTE]

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 10
- 12/11/2002 1:29:14 PM   
slickric

So troopie you actually carried 8 Canteens for water on foot on a patrol plus all the regular equipment? If you did WOW, I only carried 2 at any given time on any patrol.

We never carried more than 2days of C or LRRP rations or as we call it MRE's.

All the other stuff sounds about right.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 11
- 12/11/2002 1:30:51 PM   
slickric

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]

And you were able to walk with all this???? Out of interest, how much would you say that the above load would weigh? [/B][/QUOTE]

Best guess 160-190Lbs ;)

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 12
- 12/11/2002 1:50:29 PM   
Raindog101

The 1st Brigade of the 101st Abn back in those days didn’t run patrols out of a base camp. They loaded us in choppers, flew us to the AO, dropped us at the LZ (hopefully not hot, Helicopter assaults were terrifying) and we stayed in the jungle for as long as the operation lasted. Getting re-supplied weekly. The load-out was very heavy, hard to stand up at first. But as food and ammo decreased, it got lighter. After a couple of months in the bush you got used to the weight. We used to say food, water and ammo weighed nothing. Everything else was heavy. 8 canteens of water in high humidty was barely adequate. You never passed up a chance to fill them either. Any stream no matter how filthy would do. The 173rd Abn operated this way also.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 13
- 12/11/2002 4:53:56 PM   
Marek Tucan

Sa-58Pi Rifle... A bit old, but reliable - English paratroopers didn`t believe during a joint training with our 4th Rapid Response Brigade, that our guys can come out from the water and mud and they can open fire from our standard AR`s without suffering a malfunction...

Tuccy

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 14
- 12/11/2002 5:58:03 PM   
Twotribes

M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
Taurus 9mm

Maynot be modern, but I actually can own them and I do.

Short on ammo though, only have 1100 carbine rounds 600 30.06 and only about 180 9 mm rounds. But I dont stockpile anymore since I am old and fat and cant get around well anyway. Figure I will die before I run out of ammo as is.

If the end comes while I am alive at least I wont go out with no means to fight back.

Ohh I have a K-Bar too.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 15
- 12/11/2002 9:27:23 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

He forgot Sgt Rock comics.

The US army doesn't need to carry supplies on it's troops, they can ship it in special each day, after all the US doesn't need to do it the hard way like the rest of the world. Wealth has its prviledges.

Where did you "attach" those 8 canteens out of curiosity? I know what a standard vietnam issue web belt looks like.
I tried yesterday, and for the life of me I can't put 8 canteens on my belt, just not fat enough.
Where do I put all my other items on?

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 16
- 12/11/2002 11:55:12 PM   
slickric

Our total load out for the U.S. Army was 120lbs but for the big guys (me) and extra 40lbs was required, now mind you I only had to do this in basic & AIT at our duty station when they said patrol or road march we got on our M1A1's ;)

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 17
- 12/12/2002 12:10:30 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I guess being from poor Canada I had a lot less to carry.

I carried 4 magazines of 7.62 ammo. I guess that explains why we have to aim hehe we don't have the ammo to waste.

I recall the tactic in vietnam of the mad minute (shoot what ya got till the luey figures out what to do about the contact). These contacts were rarely much more than harrassment.

If a contact shot at a Canadian unit like that, well I guess the section leader would just tell the relevant infantryman to just shoot the contact.

I carried a canteen, just one. Didn't carry my entire kit around though that's for sure.
One thing is for sure, we don't care anything that isn't going to be used to fight with.
My gear certainly never weighed more than me.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 18
- 12/12/2002 12:58:16 AM   
Fallschirmjager

:rolleyes: You guys all suck....

A true soldier needs no weapon....;)

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 19
- 12/12/2002 1:07:39 AM   
slickric

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
[B]:rolleyes: You guys all suck....

A true soldier needs no weapon....;) [/B][/QUOTE]

It sucks even worse to have Waffen SS as you're avatar!

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 20
- 12/12/2002 3:09:22 AM   
Fallschirmjager

[QUOTE]It sucks even worse to have Waffen SS as you're avatar![/QUOTE]

I get more flak over that than what I actually post...

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 21
- 12/12/2002 3:34:20 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I don't see anything wrong with your AV Fallschirmjager.

You don't want to clone Hitler from dna and take over the world do you?

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 22
- 12/12/2002 4:28:50 AM   
Fallschirmjager

[QUOTE]You don't want to clone Hitler from dna and take over the world do you?[/QUOTE]

I did until I met sven over in the AOW forum and realised some one beat me to it :D

Only j/k of course :D

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 23
- 12/12/2002 6:23:58 AM   
Raindog101

The "Sarge" sez >>>>He forgot Sgt Rock comics.

The US army doesn't need to carry supplies on it's troops, they can ship it in special each day, after all the US doesn't need to do it the hard way like the rest of the world. Wealth has its prviledges.

Where did you "attach" those 8 canteens out of curiosity? I know what a standard vietnam issue web belt looks like.
I tried yesterday, and for the life of me I can't put 8 canteens on my belt, just not fat enough.
Where do I put all my other items on?<<<<<

>>>I guess being from poor Canada I had a lot less to carry.

I carried 4 magazines of 7.62 ammo. I guess that explains why we have to aim hehe we don't have the ammo to waste.

I recall the tactic in vietnam of the mad minute (shoot what ya got till the luey figures out what to do about the contact). These contacts were rarely much more than harrassment.

If a contact shot at a Canadian unit like that, well I guess the section leader would just tell the relevant infantryman to just shoot the contact.

I carried a canteen, just one. Didn't carry my entire kit around though that's for sure.
One thing is for sure, we don't care anything that isn't going to be used to fight with.
My gear certainly never weighed more than me.<<<

Hello Mr. “know-it-all” Security Guard Sarge, 4 canteens were carried in pockets in the rucksack (you do have ruck sacks in the Canadian “Army” don’t you?) 2 in pouches on the LBE gear, and 2 clipped with “D” rings on loops on the LBE gear. 30 M-16 magazines were carried in a empty Claymore bag around my neck. Any more questions? Any good military unit will modify “Standard issue” to meet the job at hand. Don’t you guys do that in the Peoples Republic of Canada? You whine about being poor, that’s because you’re a socialist. All socialists are poor, except your masters. You’d be poorer yet if you had to provide for your own defense, instead of letting America protect you.

Only a moron would do something the hard way when an easier safer way was available. If you think life was easy out in that jungle, then you are a bigger fool than your pompous, arrogant posts indicate. You keep bragging about “aiming” so wtf were you aiming at? Were you a sniper? Were you in a line unit? I didn’t even know Canadians were in the RVN. I never saw a soldier in a dress my whole time there. I thought Canada was where all the cowards ran away to.

I’ve seen Aussies there. We went on an operation with the Aussies once. Great guys. Professional soldiers every one. I’d go on any kind of mission anywhere with the Australian Army. Or even the South Korean Army. I wouldn’t go to the PX with a Canadian. A country that harbors cowards from another country, and then brags about, isn’t fit to drink warm piss, let alone cold beer. I bet you even admire the wretched whore Jane Fonda, eh?

If you carried 1 canteen and only 4 mags you were never even in Viet Nam. Don’t tell me about Tactics in Viet Nam you dress wearing Canadian waddie. You don’t even know what a “mad-minute” is dummy. I’d be really interested in what tactics you use with 1 canteen and 4 mags. I’d carry more than that to rob a liquor store.

So your Commander “would select the relevant infantryman to fire at the target”
LOL, what an idiot. What if you couldn’t SEE your target? You’d just let NVA snipers pick you off one-by-one then? While your leader picks his nose a searches for the "relevant infantryman"? LOL. Well with a lusty load-out of one canteen and a whopping 4 mags, you’d just have to run back to Canada, eh? You were never even in Viet Nam, were you? You’ve never been in a military firefight or any other kind of gunfight have you “Sarge”? It sounds like you’ve become delusional, and are “Bi-Polarizing” reality with a game. I got an idea to get you out of your present mental fog. Why don’t you organize a group of patriotic Canucks, arm yourselves, and overthrow your Commie Government? An Army that wears dresses doesn’t sound real formidable. Oh… that’s right, sorry, Canadian law prevents you from arming yourself. Oh well.

You need to do something to get a grip on reality though. No matter how many times you’ve played ASL, you just have to understand, it’s not real. It’s a game. NO game or movie can duplicate the Chaos, confusion, noise, and mind-numbing horror of military combat. And being turn based you can’t even duplicate the tactics. Like I said in another thread, you are just not as smart as you think you are. And by the way, what’s wrong with Sgt. Rock?

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 24
- 12/12/2002 6:31:13 AM   
CCB

I wished I had saved my Sgt Rock comics. :(

Peux Ce Que Veux
in den vereinigten staaten hergestellt

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 25
- 12/12/2002 6:48:51 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

That's odd, there is a very large empty space with absolutely nothing in it right after your post Fallschirmjager?

I wonder if the forum is experiencing trouble?

Seems to work fine though, CCB's post and mine registered correctly.

I hope it isn't something that continues to plague the thread.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 26
- 12/12/2002 7:19:51 AM   
Raindog101

[B][QUOTE]That's odd, there is a very large empty space with absolutely nothing in it right after your post Fallschirmjager? [/QUOTE] [/B]

So you have no more questions then? Maybe you can do another silly “mad scientist” type experiment tonight, and enlighten the board with your results, eh?

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 27
- 12/12/2002 9:43:38 AM   
Fallschirmjager

[QUOTE]That's odd, there is a very large empty space with absolutely nothing in it right after your post Fallschirmjager? [/QUOTE]

Can you see my post?

Of is it my sig?

I can see my own post and it looks just fine....

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 28
- 12/12/2002 9:59:46 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Don't worry over it Fallschirmjager, it's nothing.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 29
- 12/12/2002 11:06:23 AM   
Raindog101

[B][QUOTE]That's odd, there is a very large empty space with absolutely nothing in it right after your post Fallschirmjager? [/QUOTE] [/B]

The only "very large empty space with absolutely nothing in it" that I can see on this board, is between your ears.

(in reply to slickric)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Personal Weapons Load out Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI