Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/9/2012 3:35:31 PM   
whollaborg

I have encountered something astonishing.

I have played this game in server and in email. I have played with a real life friend I trust without him knowing I play this other Matrix forums guy too. This other guy happens to be a bad loser and now accuses of me cheating by reloading turns of which he claims is reported to him by some secret persons he does not reveal.

If I know right, the reloading cheat wont work with the server game I have with a third person who's from this forum - so he shouldn't be able to back he's claims - and third person is my friend anyways without reason to support outrageous claim by this second person i have trouble with.

Now this bad loser accuses me of cheating by claiming that "many people" have informed him of me using this reloading thing while I only have played 14 email turns with him and some more with this real friend he coulnd't have had contact with as they cannot know each other.

Now I plea for help here. What can I do when I face false and grave accusations like this from a guy who's regular around here with many posts whining of how it is not easy enough to win with germans he favors?

< Message edited by Savanniperkele -- 9/9/2012 3:36:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/9/2012 5:02:16 PM   
cpt flam

for me i would "blacklist" him
you know this green spot

(in reply to whollaborg)
Post #: 2
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/9/2012 5:55:19 PM   
Aurelian

Demand he prove it. Names, emails, etc.

If he can't, just walk away.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 3
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/9/2012 6:02:51 PM   
bigbaba

just ignore him. simple solution.

i think only few of us risk their accounts by reloading games and beside that all calling someone a reloader without any kind of proof itn't very kind.

from what i see your opponent had not a good summer (he got leningrad but the russian loses were not that heavy and he did not capture moscow) and in this case he should simply surrender instead of starting a trash talk action.

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 4
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/9/2012 9:29:35 PM   
whollaborg

Thank you all,

I have repeatedly asked for any proof from him and now he acts plain deaf. I am deeply ashamed of he's behaviour and demand an explanation (maybe he's mistaken) and apologies from him.

Perhaps someone have had similar problems with this particular "Pelton"?

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 5
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 1:31:46 AM   
Mac Linehan

Savanniperkele -

There is an old saying when playing the game of golf. If someone cheats, or acts dishonorably, simply don't ever play against him again.

You are innocent, and need prove nothing. Always maintain your composure and good manners - that alone says much about one's character.

Take Care, Sir.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to whollaborg)
Post #: 6
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 1:49:11 AM   
Dan Nichols

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Savanniperkele -

There is an old saying when playing the game of golf. If someone cheats, or acts dishonorably, simply don't ever play against him again.

You are innocent, and need prove nothing. Always maintain your composure and good manners - that alone says much about one's character.

Take Care, Sir.

Mac

I would agree with this. Sometimes you just have to walk away from ugliness.

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 7
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 2:14:43 AM   
hfarrish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Savanniperkele

I have encountered something astonishing.

I have played this game in server and in email. I have played with a real life friend I trust without him knowing I play this other Matrix forums guy too. This other guy happens to be a bad loser and now accuses of me cheating by reloading turns of which he claims is reported to him by some secret persons he does not reveal.

If I know right, the reloading cheat wont work with the server game I have with a third person who's from this forum - so he shouldn't be able to back he's claims - and third person is my friend anyways without reason to support outrageous claim by this second person i have trouble with.

Now this bad loser accuses me of cheating by claiming that "many people" have informed him of me using this reloading thing while I only have played 14 email turns with him and some more with this real friend he coulnd't have had contact with as they cannot know each other.

Now I plea for help here. What can I do when I face false and grave accusations like this from a guy who's regular around here with many posts whining of how it is not easy enough to win with germans he favors?

I'll take a bit of a contrarian tack here - obviously I'm opposed to cheating, and opposed to accusations of cheating without real evidence...but in this case you did kind of publicly stir the pot with an unnecessary post calling Pelton out on a public board as a coward for not finishing a game with you. No reason for that to go out in a public forum and quite honestly you reap what you sow.

(in reply to whollaborg)
Post #: 8
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 8:39:18 AM   
whollaborg

Thanks fharris,

I admit I tried to provoke Pelton calling him that. After all he dropped from a game he was losing and has been posting with thousand messages that he has won 10 games in '41, lost none and had no draws (he now claimed in a single post that our game ment to him a draw meanwhile bragging with ten straight wins as always).

You might not know that I have been trying to get some kind of answer from him about our game for a very long time sending him cordial and even warm email messages asking if we could alter the house rules to make him continue etc.
Now can you believe this: He didn't send me a single response, not a word!

..If I knew he would start a false smearing campaign about many people reporting that "they" susspect me of "reloading turns"... huh.

Now hes is back to deafness when It's proven that he's whisperers are non existent because reasons explaned above. Walking away might be wise but then again it might be right if someone would have energy to warn anyone from playing against this guy who might do nasty something of this calibre to you.

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 9
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 1:22:26 PM   
Flaviusx

You two need to get a room.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to whollaborg)
Post #: 10
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 2:12:39 PM   
mmarquo

Life is a well of joy.

Marquo

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 11
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 3:56:40 PM   
whollaborg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

You two need to get a room.

Thank for your thought as well. But your suggestion of room does not work very well. I have already tried to contact Pelton with many personal messages and he just does not respond me.

Do you think it's okay to publicly accuse someone of cheating with false evidence and walk away with it leaving the others reputation tarnished? Hes posting is still there.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 12
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 4:04:47 PM   
Flaviusx

I just don't think that this forum is the proper venue to resolve your private spat with Pelton. This is a matter of no general interest. Hence: get a room. You are conducting something very close to a smear campaign here. I am totally indifferent as to the particulars of this dispute, and flatly refuse to take sides in the matter, but it should be taken elsewhere.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to whollaborg)
Post #: 13
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 4:07:43 PM   
whollaborg

May I ask where?

He accused me of cheating with false evidence here. Now you are asking me to go away. Don't you see that looks like taking sides?

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 14
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 4:13:54 PM   
Flaviusx

Somewhere else. You're naming and shaming and this isn't the place to do that. Take the drama elsewhere, please.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to whollaborg)
Post #: 15
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 4:15:34 PM   
whollaborg

You dont think someone shouldn't be shamed after lying about persons telling him that one might be cheating?

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 16
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 4:24:08 PM   
Flaviusx

What I think is that this topic adds nothing of value to this forum. Furthermore, on general principles I absolutely object to using this forum as a venue to air your private grievances against another individual. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see the moderators step in here and shut this down. Once we open this can of worms, nothing good can come of it.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to whollaborg)
Post #: 17
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 4:37:59 PM   
whollaborg

Are you saying that my adversary can tarnish my reputation or yours if he wishes and it should not be talked of even in principle?

Very strange view you do indeed have and I only ask you ponder what if this accusation was aimed against you and someone told you should not be able even to talk about it?

< Message edited by Savanniperkele -- 9/10/2012 4:38:32 PM >

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 18
RE: Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind - 9/10/2012 5:32:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

I think taking this public will not end well either.

Can both involved players please contact me at erikr@matrixgames.com with any comments and evidence they have? I think the most productive way to pursue this is with us as we have access to the actual server info and can quickly determine if there is any real merit to any such claims.

Locking this thread.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to whollaborg)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Smearing someones reputation without proof of any kind Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI