Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How feed Gifu?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How feed Gifu? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How feed Gifu? - 9/9/2012 6:44:53 PM   
btbw

How i can feed Gifu so here will be enough supply for industry repair?
Post #: 1
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/9/2012 7:01:30 PM   
Empire101

Set the button to 4000+ supplies required. The base needs a minimum of 10,000 supplies on hand to start repairing.

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 2
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/9/2012 7:46:35 PM   
btbw

Tried, only one base which never had more then 4k supply with set 25k+ and stockpiling.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 3
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/9/2012 9:57:47 PM   
Dan Nichols

Why do you have stockpiling on? Why do you have it set for 25,000+ requirement? How many other bases do you have set this way? Most likely you have a bunch of them and there is no free supply to go to Gifu. You should have no bases in Japan with stockpiling on, if you do have some, then that is where you supply is. You should have a bunch of bases with supply required set to 4,000 - 8,000, but none set to 25,000+. I think you really do not understand how those options work and have got them set so there is no free supply.

< Message edited by Dan Nichols -- 9/9/2012 9:58:24 PM >

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 4
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/9/2012 11:51:49 PM   
ny59giants

Gifu and Maebashi get a +7K supply draw. Any base repairing a factory gets a +3K or +4K supply draw. Your major ports may get a +5K if used to load supplies. By then end of Dec 41, many of you factories are repaired and can be decreased back to 0. Tokyo should be where all your extra supply goes. It is easy to see what your supply situation is in Japan just by looking at Tokyo.

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 5
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/10/2012 1:10:55 AM   
Lcp Purcell

Move the General Defense HQ over one hex.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 6
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/10/2012 1:50:02 AM   
Mac Linehan

ny -

As always - simple, concise and to the point. Your observations have confirmed my matrix already in place.

Dan, always appreciate your insight.

Thanks

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 7
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/10/2012 4:59:37 PM   
btbw

General Defense and Western HQ + 2 ID present here. No supply from nearest bases. Have 4k (orange) when nearest have 70k+. Once i cancel ALL supply requirements on whole Japan mainland except Gifu. And got 1M+ million supply in Akita.

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 8
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/10/2012 7:14:25 PM   
obvert

Stop doing extreme things. Set the bases at what will give you a sufficient surplus for factory building. Usually this is 4k - 8k.

Gifu can be tough to draw supplies to. The key is to stop taking a bunch out elsewhere for a week or so. If Tokyo gets over 40-50k Gifu will definitely start to draw as long as other bases are not sucking it all out onto ships. Also check out how many factories a day you're trying to repair there. If it's more than 3 that's a big draw even when it does have supply.

Another thing to watch is if Tokyo gets below 25k or so, you'll start being in trouble elsewhere.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 9
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/10/2012 9:08:14 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: btbw

General Defense and Western HQ + 2 ID present here. No supply from nearest bases. Have 4k (orange) when nearest have 70k+. Once i cancel ALL supply requirements on whole Japan mainland except Gifu. And got 1M+ million supply in Akita.

If you have the nearest set to 25k and it has 70k it won't give any since it's trying to get to 75k. The supply spinner goal is always 3x the number spun to.

The Moose

(in reply to btbw)
Post #: 10
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/11/2012 4:01:18 PM   
nashvillen

Also, start building the airbase at Gifu. It will help.

+1 to NY59 on the checking Tokyo for the general supply situation. Adjust every so often as the situation dictates. My opponents know that my first turn of every month will take longer to process as I look deeply into my industry/supply situation and make my adjustments as necessary for new variables (New units, new air/engine tech, adjustments to obsolete needs, etc). They want a challenging play, so they put up with it.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 11
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/11/2012 8:01:51 PM   
bush

Just looking for clarification. If I set a base to draw 'X" amount of supplies, and I set it to stockpile - does that mean the base will stockpile up to the amount I am asking to draw, and any excess will be available for other bases, OR this is 2 distinct ordrs (one a minimum draw and the other to collect supply/fuel and Never give any up?

Thanks.

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 12
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/11/2012 8:17:43 PM   
nashvillen

Think of a certain cartoon black duck saying "Mine, Mine, it's all Mine..." The base will keep all the supplies it gets and not give it to anyone, even if it is over the draw amount.

The draw amount, with sufficient surplus on the Home Islands, will go typically 3-4 times the level that you have requested. Hence the 4000 requested to get just over 10k in supplies to repair all the changes you make. Watch it every other day or so until it gets to the level you need then when you don't need it, turn it off. Let the supplies go elsewhere for the same use.

(in reply to bush)
Post #: 13
RE: How feed Gifu? - 9/11/2012 10:06:36 PM   
CyrusSpitama

nashvillen- it seems to me more like Bugs Bunny doing the, "1 for you and 1 for me. 1 for you and 2 for me." bit. Certain bases even with decent management of supply draw are perpetually low on supplies when things become tight. This forces me to port supply convoys in different locations to load up and ship out. Oddly enough, as soon as I do this, the bases being stubborn for supply draw suddenly get their piece of the action...

Maybe I just don't fully understand the coding/mechanics (likely) or there is some factor other than supply settings(possibly). As for stockpiling, that is something I rarely do and only for certain key bases out of the apparent line of resources transfer. Bangkok comes to mind for this... When oil gets tight, this is always the first outer base short on oil, unless I stockpile it.

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How feed Gifu? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI