Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to repair the big guns on a BB?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> How to repair the big guns on a BB? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to repair the big guns on a BB? - 9/12/2012 5:40:51 PM   
ww2pacnut

Ok, I have a british BB in Columbo with some damage to her big guns....No matter how I set up the repair options it never fixes these guns? Is the secret a different port or some other tactic (Repair ship, AE?) etc....

Thanks gang.
Post #: 1
RE: How to repair the big guns on a BB? - 9/12/2012 5:58:31 PM   
Alfred

Read this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2990845&mpage=1&key=ship%2Crepair%2C101

Alfred

(in reply to ww2pacnut)
Post #: 2
RE: How to repair the big guns on a BB? - 9/12/2012 11:19:25 PM   
Disco Duck

This is a link without the "search Yellow". Makes it a little easier to read.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2990845

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: How to repair the big guns on a BB? - 9/13/2012 7:07:29 AM   
LoBaron

And if you do, don´t hesitate to give that thread a friendly bump, since it seems current policy not to sticky anything anymore.
So sadly these wonderful pieces of work get lost too often.

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 4
RE: How to repair the big guns on a BB? - 9/13/2012 3:49:04 PM   
dr.hal

This has been a great tool, as it puts much of the manual and follow on materials all on one thread. What I found interesting is that a size 10 port (and size 9 is the max you can build) can only repair 250 (225 for a home grown size 9) level guns, meaning that if I've done my math right, virtually no eight inch gun, only 6 inch of less. Thus the only option in the game for a CA or above to repair guns is to go to a shipyard. Did I get that right or am I missing something? Hal

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 5
RE: How to repair the big guns on a BB? - 9/13/2012 4:07:20 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

This has been a great tool, as it puts much of the manual and follow on materials all on one thread. What I found interesting is that a size 10 port (and size 9 is the max you can build) can only repair 250 (225 for a home grown size 9) level guns, meaning that if I've done my math right, virtually no eight inch gun, only 6 inch of less. Thus the only option in the game for a CA or above to repair guns is to go to a shipyard. Did I get that right or am I missing something? Hal

Yes and No. We went to a lot of trouble to separate "civilian" and "military" features in ports. A large port would naturally have a certain amount of facilities that could be used militarily. Hence the inherent capabilities of the port. But to make a port fully functional for large scale repair of warships, something else is needed.

This is why a large port with no specific military facilities is limited in repairs of big guns (and major damage too). One needs a shipyard of sufficient size or a large number of Naval Support units to get enough capacity for the really big stuff.

The use of Naval Support in AE also means you can shift your resources around. "Roll up" rear area bases and move them forward as needed. Not shipyards, they are major construction projects. But naval support, floating drydocks, repair ships, tenders. With enough of these (especially naval support) you can repair 'most anything.

But there are still limits. In World War II, how many locations could repair a damaged turret on a Yamato or Iowa?

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 6
RE: How to repair the big guns on a BB? - 9/13/2012 11:43:25 PM   
PaxMondo

For the Iowa class ... short list.  And I believe they were all stateside ....

Pax

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 7
RE: How to repair the big guns on a BB? - 9/14/2012 1:05:37 AM   
dr.hal

Thanks Don. Certainly I've been in large ports and there is a difference between them and naval ports... the game is a compromise. Thanks for sharing. Hal

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> How to repair the big guns on a BB? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI