Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  130 131 [132] 133 134   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/1/2012 7:21:53 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

it starts but is emptiy

Okay, I don't know what may have happened, but this error appears to be from the DB tool we use (HSQLDB). That makes it pretty difficult (impossible?) for me to debug.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3931
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/1/2012 8:19:30 PM   
Historiker

So a new installation is needed?

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3932
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/2/2012 9:56:45 PM   
wadail

Any idea what my issue here is? I have copied the password file from the WITPAE directory and I have updated java to 64 bit several times now. This screen is running the batch file. When I execure the jar file I get a Java (TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working warning window.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3933
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/2/2012 10:04:13 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadail

Any idea what my issue here is? I have copied the password file from the WITPAE directory and I have updated java to 64 bit several times now. This screen is running the batch file. When I execure the jar file I get a Java (TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working warning window.

Please check the Support page from the WitPTracker web page. Let us know if the solution described there does not solve your issue.

(in reply to wadail)
Post #: 3934
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/2/2012 10:04:48 PM   
floydg

quote:

Not a new install, but maybe a fresh (new) database.

< Message edited by floydg -- 9/2/2012 10:05:12 PM >

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3935
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/2/2012 10:34:14 PM   
n01487477

quote:

Our support page should tell you that Java 64 bit is not what you need. You need Java 32 bit Version 6 NOT 7. You can have both running but must point to the 32 bit installation.

(in reply to wadail)
Post #: 3936
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/3/2012 12:16:57 AM   
wadail

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Our support page should tell you that Java 64 bit is not what you need. You need Java 32 bit Version 6 NOT 7. You can have both running but must point to the 32 bit installation.

Thanks! That appears to have done it. I was missing the "click here if you just must install Java 6 against our advice" radio button on the Java download site, but had otherwise been following the instructions and was getting frustrated.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3937
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/4/2012 7:14:52 PM   
khyberbill

I have recently encountered this problem. Tracker was working fine.

Attachment (1)

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to wadail)
Post #: 3938
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/4/2012 7:27:00 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

I have recently encountered this problem. Tracker was working fine.

Ran out of memory. Try editing your witpracker.bat file and increase each of the two memory values by 128, i.e.:

-Xms512m -Xmx640m

Floyd

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 3939
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/4/2012 8:52:56 PM   
khyberbill

That worked, thanks Floyd.

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3940
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/5/2012 12:20:40 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

Not a new install, but maybe a fresh (new) database.

it loaded the next turn like a charme. Unfortunately, this is the first turn in the DB now. But playing the Allies, it is annoying but I can live with it.

Thank you for your help!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3941
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/7/2012 1:51:02 AM   
hedotwo

I'm having trouble getting Tracker to start and I'm thinking it's because I've installed Java 7. I've read where I need to reinstall Java 6 but I'm confused as to how to select it on Java's site. Seems I get to the download page and there are many to choose from. Can someone post me the correct Java link to get to the correct download page and help me select the one I need?

I get the following error...

C:\Users\Rich\Documents\WITPAE Stuff\WitPTracker>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "Wi
tPTracker.jar"
Initializing WitP Tracker AE database.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Rich\Documen
ts\WITPAE Stuff\WitPTracker\pwsdll.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bi
t platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at JNIpws.JNIpws.<clinit>(JNIpws.java:20)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.<init>(SaveFileReader.java:95)
at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:139)

Thanks very much!
Rich

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3942
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/7/2012 2:12:49 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: hedotwo

I'm having trouble getting Tracker to start and I'm thinking it's because I've installed Java 7. I've read where I need to reinstall Java 6 but I'm confused as to how to select it on Java's site. Seems I get to the download page and there are many to choose from. Can someone post me the correct Java link to get to the correct download page and help me select the one I need?

I get the following error...

C:\Users\Rich\Documents\WITPAE Stuff\WitPTracker>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "Wi
tPTracker.jar"
Initializing WitP Tracker AE database.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Rich\Documen
ts\WITPAE Stuff\WitPTracker\pwsdll.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bi
t platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at JNIpws.JNIpws.<clinit>(JNIpws.java:20)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.<init>(SaveFileReader.java:95)
at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:139)

Thanks very much!
Rich

Yeah I need to get Floyd to update our web page sometime to the new link...eventually we should convert this to Java7 too ... until then uninstall Java7 and install Java 32 bit (don't allow updates or it will install Java7)

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

(in reply to hedotwo)
Post #: 3943
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/7/2012 4:13:13 AM   
hedotwo

That link helped. I've been able to get Tracker up and running now that I reinstalled Java 6 (but didn't mess with 7).

Thanks!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3944
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/9/2012 5:59:51 AM   
CaptDave

Sorry to ask something that's been answered before, but sometimes it's a heck of a lot easier than searching, and it can be a challenge to keep track of all the updates to the various pieces of software. I'm about to use the expanded pilot slots for the first time that I know of; which dll do I need for Tracker to work (or do I have it already, since I'm up to date with Tracker)?

(in reply to hedotwo)
Post #: 3945
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/9/2012 8:52:27 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

Sorry to ask something that's been answered before, but sometimes it's a heck of a lot easier than searching, and it can be a challenge to keep track of all the updates to the various pieces of software. I'm about to use the expanded pilot slots for the first time that I know of; which dll do I need for Tracker to work (or do I have it already, since I'm up to date with Tracker)?

You need to use the dll that deals with the expanded slots. This dll will need to be renamed (pwsdllMP.dll to pwsdll.dll) and placed in the Tracker folder overwriting the old one.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 3946
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/9/2012 12:40:54 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

You need to use the dll that deals with the expanded slots. This dll will need to be renamed (pwsdllMP.dll to pwsdll.dll) and placed in the Tracker folder overwriting the old one.

And the later versions (I think 1.8 and later) of WitPTracker can handle any size pilot pool.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3947
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/9/2012 11:06:35 PM   
CaptDave

quote:

quote:

quote:

And the later versions (I think 1.8 and later) of WitPTracker can handle any size pilot pool.

Thanks. I thought I remembered that, but (and this is not a complaint) when ALL support for Tracker is in one 132-page thread it can be pretty deadly trying to find it!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3948
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/10/2012 10:24:02 AM   
Chris21wen

I'm trying to use the multi-read load function but all I can see in the save folder is the default savefile I used in properties I.e. This 'SaveFile=[wpae003.pws]'.  There should be four visible 003,004,005 and 010. My save folder is the games Save folder and I have no problems loading a single save.

< Message edited by Chris H -- 9/10/2012 10:33:41 AM >

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 3949
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/10/2012 10:54:31 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

I'm trying to use the multi-read load function but all I can see in the save folder is the default savefile I used in properties I.e. This 'SaveFile=[wpae003.pws]'.  There should be four visible 003,004,005 and 010. My save folder is the games Save folder and I have no problems loading a single save.

Did you click the All.pws check box on the side ?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3950
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/10/2012 12:50:53 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

Yes but that's not the problem I think, I can only see one pws file in the file list for the save folder. The All.pws box just selects all pws files in the list doesn't it?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3951
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/10/2012 12:57:25 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes but that's not the problem I think, I can only see one pws file in the file list for the save folder. The All.pws box just selects all pws files in the list doesn't it?

If you checked the All pws checkbox, then it should show all files. But only for the current scenario and only for turns greater than the currently loaded one.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3952
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/10/2012 1:55:01 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you checked the All pws checkbox, then it should show all files. But only for the current scenario and only for turns greater than the currently loaded one.

Deleted, I'm an idiot.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Chris H -- 9/10/2012 1:59:52 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3953
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/10/2012 1:59:08 PM   
Chris21wen

Doh!  I'm an idiot or selectively blind.  I've just found the ticky box by the side, for some reason I was looking underneath.  I repeat Doh!

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3954
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 9/11/2012 3:35:04 AM   
floydg

quote:

Doh!  I'm an idiot or selectively blind.  I've just found the ticky box by the side, for some reason I was looking underneath.  I repeat Doh!

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3955
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.92 - 9/14/2012 9:42:11 AM   
larryfulkerson

I'm using Tracker version 1.92 and it's been working great until just now. I copied the PWS file to the directory where tracker lives and
deleted all the database files so it would start all over again and then double clicked on the nomap batch file and got this screen. Any
idea what could have caused that?

EDIT: I guess I should stipulate that I'm playing the plain jane vanilla stock scenario 1.

EDIT2: I'm guessing it's a memory related kind of thing because if I close every other application so that there's nothing running and
THEN double click on the nomap batch file it works great.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 9/14/2012 10:06:16 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3956
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.92 - 9/15/2012 1:03:43 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

I'm using Tracker version 1.92 and it's been working great until just now. I copied the PWS file to the directory where tracker lives and
deleted all the database files so it would start all over again and then double clicked on the nomap batch file and got this screen. Any
idea what could have caused that?

EDIT: I guess I should stipulate that I'm playing the plain jane vanilla stock scenario 1.

EDIT2: I'm guessing it's a memory related kind of thing because if I close every other application so that there's nothing running and
THEN double click on the nomap batch file it works great.

Hi Larry -
Not sure why you re-copied the pwsdll.dll into the tracker folder as the existing one was already working - no ?

Can't see in your picture if you have deleted all the trackerdb.* files.

Really though - this seems to be a java issue. I'd reinstall Java 6-32 bit. I can see that you're using 6.0.25, whereas the latest is 6.0.35. Don't allow automatic updates though - cause it will install java7.
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3957
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.92 - 9/15/2012 9:59:02 AM   
1EyedJacks

Hey Damian & Floydg,

I was wondering if there is a way to split all of the pages by region... I was thinking it'd be really-really useful if I could see all of my LCU in a region (say the Marshall Islands as an example) - and all of my air groups. Most of the time I'll have many different LCUs/Air Groups with different HQs that are in the same theatre/region and it's a challenge to get a good picture of what I have available in Burma/Borneo/China - etc. But if I can create my own regions and see all of the assets available in that area... It'd be totally awesome.

Is this doable or am I just wishing for pie-in-the-sky?

TTFN,

Mike

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3958
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.92 - 9/15/2012 11:59:40 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

Hey Damian & Floydg,

I was wondering if there is a way to split all of the pages by region... I was thinking it'd be really-really useful if I could see all of my LCU in a region (say the Marshall Islands as an example) - and all of my air groups. Most of the time I'll have many different LCUs/Air Groups with different HQs that are in the same theatre/region and it's a challenge to get a good picture of what I have available in Burma/Borneo/China - etc. But if I can create my own regions and see all of the assets available in that area... It'd be totally awesome.

TTFN,

Mike

Interesting idea, Mike.

Not so hard to do for air groups, since they're always at a base, but not easy for LCUs, which may be in the open and thus no base/region. So unless we can define a region for every land hex, the LCU filter isn't easy (possible).

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 3959
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.92 - 9/15/2012 4:33:34 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

Hey Damian & Floydg,

TTFN,

Mike

Interesting idea, Mike.

Not so hard to do for air groups, since they're always at a base, but not easy for LCUs, which may be in the open and thus no base/region. So unless we can define a region for every land hex, the LCU filter isn't easy (possible).

Hey Floyd - if you give me the option of adding hexes to a region so I can track all of my LCU in the area, I'd type the hexes in without quibble. Adding a sort-able field and allowing a person to add LCU to a region might be another avenue to approach this... Heck - if I could just add units to a region similar to the method that I add bases to a region I could also do the same for shipping assets - yes? Or maybe shipping assets assigned to a home port in the region?

Whatcha think?

TTFN,

Mike

< Message edited by 1EyedJacks -- 9/15/2012 4:34:03 PM >

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3960
Page:   <<   < prev  130 131 [132] 133 134   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  130 131 [132] 133 134   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI