Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Seriously annoying design problem after patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Seriously annoying design problem after patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seriously annoying design problem after patch - 9/17/2012 8:07:39 PM   
Titan32

Hello to all stellar commanders,

I updated to the last patch (1.7.0.16, right?), and played several games, but here is a serious problem that screw up all my new games: starting ships and starting designs has no more shield nor weapon...

I don't know if it's normal, if it's wanted. It could have been a good thing - "hey, we're starting space exploration, no use of shield and weapon... for now" - but it's poor as hell. AIs just don't upgrade, and thus during a far, far too long time. So every games look the same and are nastily easy.

Here's an exemple that happened today:
- I started the game as Ketarov communists
- My neighboor was a Boskara. He declares war on me 'cause I engaged pirates.
- I design and build like 8-10 frigates and 5 troop transports (I obviously add shields and weapons)
- I launch my frigate fleet to his homeworld. I'll lost like 2-3 frigates before destroying the LSP that has weapons (but no shield..), every enemy ships around it are also doomed because they have no weapons.
- I launch my troop transports. He had nearly no troops on his planet. New 10k inhabitants/slaves to my newly born empire...

That's just super-annoying. I could rip apart anyone.
So... is it a bug or a "new feature"?
Post #: 1
RE: Seriously annoying design problem after patch - 9/17/2012 8:26:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

There's nothing that changed should result in no weapons or shields and I haven't seen this personally or seen it reported as an issue with the latest update. I'd be very interested in seeing a save file if you could upload one. Have you encountered this in all of your Legends games? Does it affect other factions in your game or only the Boskara? Do you have any mods installed or have you made any modifications yourself?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Titan32)
Post #: 2
RE: Seriously annoying design problem after patch - 9/17/2012 8:30:43 PM   
mikbob

It's an issue with non english version of windows i think. I can't link the thread but its called "ship design" from september 4th (by me)

Edit: there is a solution to the problem in that thread

< Message edited by mikbob -- 9/17/2012 8:36:03 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Seriously annoying design problem after patch - 9/17/2012 8:50:35 PM   
Bingeling

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

There's nothing that changed should result in no weapons or shields and I haven't seen this personally or seen it reported as an issue with the latest update. I'd be very interested in seeing a save file if you could upload one. Have you encountered this in all of your Legends games? Does it affect other factions in your game or only the Boskara? Do you have any mods installed or have you made any modifications yourself?

Regards,

- Erik

Then you have not paid much attention lately

Reports are errors in reading config files due to the world disagreeing on the decimal point. In English a number a fraction above 19 is written as 19.1. In Norwegian and others that is written as 19,1. The game fails to read the numbers from files correct if the wrong regional settings are used.

The solution is the use the wrong regional setting in the OS (for instance US), or to query replace some distant world files.

It seems related to the Turkish problem, btw. Maybe the game has that as well, not that I know if it is relevant in the config files. That one confused the hell out of me... http://haacked.com/archive/2012/07/05/turkish-i-problem-and-why-you-should-care.aspx

Post #: 4
RE: Seriously annoying design problem after patch - 9/17/2012 9:33:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks, noted!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 5
RE: Seriously annoying design problem after patch - 9/17/2012 9:38:46 PM   
Titan32

Thanks for your quick answers!

I'll have to replace all the "." by some "," in race policy files.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Seriously annoying design problem after patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI