Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strategy"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strategy" Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand... - 9/25/2012 2:16:05 AM   
Chris10

__________________________________LAST UPDATED 15.11.2012_________________________________

..............................................PANZERCOPS EAST - THE STRUGGLE FOR RUSSIA......................................

Is a Grand Strategy game on divisional/brigade/air wing level resembling the entire War in the East. Its a complete 4 year campaign in which
the player assumes command over the Wehrmacht in their attempt to crush Russia in a single military operation.

Main Characteristics:

# Incredibly detailed 77024 hex map > 332 width x 232 height
# Game time 22.06.1941 - 01.06.1945
# Map spanning from Berlin to the forecourt of the Ural and from Finland to Baku in the south
# Over 1000 citys,villages and towns with their real names
# A 100+ rivers with names and their real river courses
# Calculated relative army strength between Wehrmacht and Red Army on game start
# Simulated russian war production for armor and planes according year and production numbers
# Capturing key points vital for ressources
# Russian counteroffensives such as Vyazma, Operation Mars, Operation Uranus
# Holding industrial key areas provide Industrial Capacitys (IC) > formerly "Prestige"
# German Heavy Tank Regiments, SS Divisions and other Units with own camo and divisional insignia
# High rated air wings with their unit insignias
# 32+ real german air and tank aces assigned to their corresponding units
# 16+ air aces of minor axis allies like Finland,Hungary,Romania,Slovakia,Croatia assigned to their corresponding unit
# German Baltic Fleet
# Russian Baltic Fleet
# Russian Black Sea Fleet
# Axis powers : Germany, Slovakia, Croatia, Romania, Hungary, Italy, Finland, Bulgaria
# Allied powers: Soviet Union, USA, UK, Yugoslawian Comunist Partisans
# The complete range of soviet lend lease units including A-20, B-25 Mitchel and others not featured by the main game
# New mechanics like stationary Dug-In Infantry switch
# Recon planes
# Realistic army compositions
# Real war heros assigned to their corresponding units
# All german low production power units can not be bought nor upgraded but be given according to production numbers
# and many more things

#Requires: PanzerCorps 1.10 or Afrika Corps

__________________________b]PANZERCOPRS EAST PRESENTS THE MAP______________________

_________________________________________TEASER________________________________________________
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avSh1IjuBeg[/video]

________WEHRMACHT GROUND UNITS AND SS DIVISIONS WITH DIVISIONAL INSIGNIAS__________

___________________________UPDATE 01.10.2012_____________________________________

German Unit Roster, including unique Regiments, Divisions and Air Wings

OTHER NATIONS UNITS ROSTERS

Soviet Unit Roster

Italian Unit Roster

Slovakian and Hungarian Unit Roster

Bulgarian Unit Roster

Romanian Unit Roster

Finnish Unit Roster

Croatian Unit Roster

Other Annoyances/b]

__________________________________MAP EXCERPTS____________________________________
______________________UPDATE 28.08.2012_____________________________________

Finally reworked the map and made some further finetuning using some of Massis new tiles but after making some tests I decided to stay as close as possible to vanilla style to not clutter up the overall appearance

These map is final now

BERLIN

WARSAW

MINSK

LARGER KIEV AREA

LENINGRAD

MOSCOW

STALINGRAD

ROM-RUSS BORDER AROUND GALATI AND GREATER DANUBE RIVER DELTA AREA

GREATER CRIMEA AREA WITH SEVASTOPOL

__________________________BRIEFING SCREEN________________________

___________________________________UPDATE 08.08.2012_____________________________________

In the meantime somewhere in the East...the OKH sends some Wallpapers your way
1027x768, 1280x1024, 1650x1050, 1920x1080
Volume 2 comes with PanzerCorps East release

Download: http://www.file-upload.net/download-4651815/PzC_East_Wallpapers_V1.rar.html

___________________________________UPDATE 13.08.2012_________________________________________

_____________________________ONLY IN PANZERCOPRS EAST ___________________________________

For the first time in any PanzerCorps game/mod in Panzercoprs East you can share the fate of the greatest war heros
of any time and any nation. 32 real german fighter,bomber and tank aces who fought in the east assigned to their corresponding units

These 32 man worth as much as an entire army and are responsible for the destruction of over 3000 planes and over 2000 tanks plus a countless amount of other equipment of any kind which would suffice to arm and motorize a whole army corps

AXIS ALLIED MOST IMPORTANT AIR ACES IN THEIR CORRESPONDING UNITS AND FLYING THEIR DEFAULT PLANE
as far as this is possible to model in anyway

Countdown PzC East

Launch-O-Meter

Research and Math........................Done
Map...........................................Done
Unneccessary game files removed.....Done
UI amended.................................Done
On-Topic Intro.............................Done
German Unique Units.....................Done
German Unit Roster.......................Done
Axis Minors Units Rosters...............Done
Soviet Unit Roster.........................Done
Equipment file build......................Done
Equipment Stats amended..............Done
BigUnits folder build......................Done
Efx file build................................Done
Start Positions Wehrmacht..............Done
Start Positions Red Army................In Progress
Start Positions Axis Minors..............Pending
German Reinforcements Script.........Pending
Russian Counteroffenses Script........Pending
Russian Reinforcements Script.........Pending
Axis Minor Script...........................Pending
Manual Writing.............................Pending
Library build................................Pending

________________________UPDATE 25.09.2012________________________

The PzC East EFX file has been completely build and last tests assuring functionality of soviet unit animations and sounds are conducted right now.
All other nations/units have been tested already. After finishing soviet test runs THIS IS IT !!!
Next on the list is filling the map with Wehrmacht and Soviet starting forces.

______________________BUILDING CONTENT...STAY TUNED________________________________

< Message edited by Chris10 -- 11/15/2012 10:07:26 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 9/25/2012 2:17:39 AM   
Chris10

Reserved

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 2
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 9/25/2012 2:17:54 AM   
Chris10

Reserved

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 3
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 9/25/2012 9:16:25 AM   
HerzKaraya

WOW!!!!

Vista, suerte y al toro!

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 4
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 9/25/2012 1:05:05 PM   
Josh

Yeah I saw it already over at Slitherines... mucho impressive  

(in reply to HerzKaraya)
Post #: 5
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 9/27/2012 11:23:38 PM   
demyansk

I see Otto Carius, Gunther Rall and Erich Hartmann in the pics plus a bunch of others, man I want this mod

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 6
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 9/29/2012 11:25:11 AM   
Dumnorix

Nice city views !
If you like it - I will join your team and spend my full unit packs for this addon.
I have much more and all on the same style.

H.Balck

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 7
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 9/29/2012 12:24:04 PM   
Chris10

thnx guys.......its coming together little by little...

@Balck...thnx but there is nothing left to do...the framework of the game is almost finished and I wont start changing stuff around let alone changing the complete unit roster...

(in reply to Dumnorix)
Post #: 8
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/1/2012 3:12:37 PM   
Chris10

FINALLY IRONED OUT THE FEW INCONSISTENCYS IN THE GERMAN UNIT ROSTER AND ADDED BEBROS PLANES AND A FEW OTHER THINGS WHICH WERE MISSING

Updated first post with final german unit roster

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 9
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/2/2012 10:41:45 PM   
TR

It looks like I'll have to reinstall this and play it. This looks very intriguing.

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 10
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/4/2012 2:39:30 PM   
Chris10

thnx my friend..

PzC East comes as complete standalone folder..you only have to take a few files from vanilla PzC folder and copy them to PzC East (like the .exe for example)

(in reply to TR)
Post #: 11
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/5/2012 9:14:12 PM   
demyansk

Is this mod coming out soon?

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 12
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/5/2012 10:49:58 PM   
Chris10

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

when its done my friend...when its done
The amount of work involved here is hundreds of hours and its a one man project (at least when it comes to the core game).
The framework has been done and Iam in the process of setting up starting units for the Wehrmacht and Axis Minors...once finished I continue with the Red Army

No clue when its done but I will not rush only for the sake of releasing something...
I build it slowly but surely to assure high quality and a low bug count and sometimes I simply have to take a rest for a few days to recharge energy

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 13
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/6/2012 12:56:23 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris10

quote:

when its done my friend...when its done
The amount of work involved here is hundreds of hours and its a one man project (at least when it comes to the core game).
The framework has been done and Iam in the process of setting up starting units for the Wehrmacht and Axis Minors...once finished I continue with the Red Army

No clue when its done but I will not rush only for the sake of releasing something...
I build it slowly but surely to assure high quality and a low bug count and sometimes I simply have to take a rest for a few days to recharge energy

NO rest allowed. We need this.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 14
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/7/2012 8:54:22 PM   
Chris10

By Führer order, the 8th Army as part of Army Group North, has moved into her staging area around Memel.
Other Wehrmacht units will soon start deploying into their staging areas....

8th Army consists of the following units

Deployment Area

Strategic Map

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 15
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/8/2012 2:08:45 AM   
demyansk

Thanks, I just was wondering if the mod was out, very nice work and take your time, I don't know how some of you do this stuff, very pleasant surprise with this stuff, thanks again

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 16
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/8/2012 9:54:13 AM   
Josh

Well it's massive that's for sure, hope my pc can cope with that... and take a look at the strength numbers; 16 for the German infantry! I mean I'm already afraid of the Russian strength numbers

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 17
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/8/2012 10:43:19 AM   
Chris10

quote:

Thanks, I just was wondering if the mod was out, very nice work and take your time, I don't know how some of you do this stuff, very pleasant surprise with this stuff, thanks again

thnx for your encouragement...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh
... and take a look at the strength numbers; 16 for the German infantry! I mean I'm already afraid of the Russian strength numbers

Its only the initial strength of Wehrmacht infantry divisions (which was 16.500 nominal strength) but you wont be able to reinforce them to 16...

< Message edited by Chris10 -- 10/8/2012 10:51:02 AM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 18
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/8/2012 2:18:43 PM   
Josh

Aha I see, ... so the next logical step (gamewise) would be to make these units ... how do you call it "divide-able" "splittable"? split them up in 2-3 pieces, like WitE has. Cover more ground but have less impact.

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 19
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/8/2012 5:40:29 PM   
Chris10

quote:

Aha I see, ... so the next logical step (gamewise) would be to make these units ... how do you call it "divide-able" "splittable"? split them up in 2-3 pieces, like WitE has. Cover more ground but have less impact.

not exactly..the PzC engine is far to simple but each fighting division indeed is complemented by one support unit (Recon,Towed Arty,Towed AT or Flak) in order to represent different army branches.

Armor is generally apart and follows his own scaling scheme. Usually 2 units represent one Panzer Division (about 200 tanks = 100 tanks per unit) except german heavy tank and heavy anti tank regiments (1 Unit=aprox 50 vehilces)

< Message edited by Chris10 -- 10/8/2012 6:25:13 PM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 20
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/8/2012 5:52:40 PM   
Chris10

The OKH announces that complete Army Group North consisting of 18th Army, 3rd Panzer Group and 16th Army has moved into position now...3rd SS Totenkopf and various other OKH Reserves have moved into the rear areas, 207th,281th and 285th Security Divisions have occupied Königsberg and surroundings while other Divisions such as 4th SS Police Division and 86th Infantry Division are still intaking personel in order to reach their nominal strength...
Army Group Center is scheduled to take positions soon...all preparations proceed according the planned time table

< Message edited by Chris10 -- 10/9/2012 9:56:56 PM >

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 21
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/10/2012 6:06:11 PM   
Chris10

OKH reports that after Army Group North, Army Group Center, consisting of Panzergroup 3, Panzergroup 2, 9th Army and 4th Army, has taken positions too. Reserves consisting of 10th Panzer Division, 2nd SS Das Reich, 2nd Army, 293th, 112th, 106th and 11th Infantry Divisions have moved into the rear areas....

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 22
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/10/2012 6:36:55 PM   
Josh

Progressing nicely I see. Well done. I never ever would have thought that someday I would see PG/PC look like TOAW. It's almost as massive as the "Fire in the East" scenario for TOAW. 

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 23
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/11/2012 11:42:34 PM   
Chris10

quote:

Progressing nicely I see. Well done. I never ever would have thought that someday I would see PG/PC look like TOAW. It's almost as massive as the "Fire in the East" scenario for TOAW. 

to be honest...only since I started placing the units on the map I truly realize how massive this really is...
and I wonder if my projected unit numbers may not be sufficient for the entire map...well..once I placed the entire axis forces,includung minors and air forces, I hope that I have a better overview

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 24
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/12/2012 10:27:57 PM   
Chris10

May 1941...Army Group South deployment is in progress...
Panzer Group 1, 6th Army, 17th Army, the Slovakian Corps have moved into positions.
Army reserves consisting of 1st LSSAH, 13th Panzer Division, 97th,100,101th Mountain Divisions and 168th,16th,25th Infantry Divisions
have moved into the rear area...

< Message edited by Chris10 -- 10/12/2012 10:44:13 PM >

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 25
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/13/2012 10:05:13 PM   
Chris10

Army Group south has completed deployment
3rd and 4 th Romanian Army have moved into positions too
Pending operations are the Hungarian Corps, Romanian, Slovakian, Croatian, Bulgarian and Hungarian stock units, Finnish Army Corps and Finnish stock units...German stock units (AA mostly) , German Baltic Fleet and Air Fleets and Air Forces will be placed last.

Oh..and just on a side note:
95+% of all Infantry and Tank Units have their real names and positions...
Overall about 90% of all ground units have their real names.
Rest 10% is owed to engine limitations to model more sophisticated unit compositions so I had to make use of artistic freedom

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 26
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/14/2012 7:45:56 AM   
Josh

"... Oh..and just on a side note:
95+% of all Infantry and Tank Units have their real names and positions...
Overall about 90% of all ground units have their real names...."

Splendid, I love it when there is at least some sort of historic resemblance, it adds to the gameflavour IMO.
I reckon this has 10 times as many units as the largest scenario in PC right? 

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 27
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/14/2012 12:27:44 PM   
Chris10

quote:

Splendid, I love it when there is at least some sort of historic resemblance, it adds to the gameflavour IMO.
I reckon this has 10 times as many units as the largest scenario in PC right? 

hmmm...I would call 90+% a bit more than just "some sort of historic resemblance..."
If the engine would allow to model more sophisticated unit structures and different equipment per unit the number would be 100% but one has to deal with what he has
I dunno how big the biggest PzC scenario is....I havent played all DLC...I think there have been scenarios with 50-60 units in the late eastern camapign...
The one thing that is for sure though is that the map is 25 if not 30 times bigger than the average vanilla PzC Map...average map in PzC has between 2500-3000 hexes and this map has 77024 hexes...

< Message edited by Chris10 -- 10/14/2012 1:07:34 PM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 28
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/14/2012 3:19:43 PM   
drw61

Amazing! Will definitely give this a try when it comes out.
Daryl

(in reply to Chris10)
Post #: 29
RE: Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "G... - 10/15/2012 7:23:12 PM   
Georg1

To Chris10 - very nice work!!
This is a great piece of work. Very appreciate it. I look forward to how the game will look like.
Do you have an approximate estimate of how long it takes a computer game?
O 2 World War I have been interested for many years and greatly appreciate your efforts.
Excuse my English.
Georg

< Message edited by Georg1 -- 10/15/2012 7:24:56 PM >

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> Panzer Corps East - The struggle for Russia "Grand Strategy" Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI