Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spartacus ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Spartacus ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spartacus ? - 9/29/2012 2:15:25 PM   
Peter Fisla

I saw a tutorial video on youtube and the dude had 7 scenarios available. Yet my release version is missing Spartacus, is this a DLC or something ?

Thanks

Peter
Post #: 1
RE: Spartacus ? - 9/29/2012 2:17:32 PM   
Grouchy

AFAIK that was a free bonus scenario if you pre-ordered the game.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 2
RE: Spartacus ? - 9/29/2012 2:19:51 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grouchy

AFAIK that was a free bonus scenario if you pre-ordered the game.

Ahh...bummer :(

(in reply to Grouchy)
Post #: 3
RE: Spartacus ? - 9/29/2012 2:48:15 PM   
wodin

Someone said they think they saw soething about it being released in mid october to everyone..so fingers crossed..maybe someone who is a member of the AGEOD forum could ask.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 4
RE: Spartacus ? - 9/29/2012 2:59:56 PM   
vonRocko

Spartacus is a tiny scenerio that most of us used as a tutorial, you really aren't missing anything special.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Spartacus ? - 9/29/2012 7:24:58 PM   
Challerain

quote:

Someone said they think they saw soething about it being released in mid october to everyone

That was me and here is what I was referencing.....

http://www.ageod.com/newsletter/newsletter_003_en.html

< Message edited by Challerain -- 9/29/2012 7:25:25 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/1/2012 1:05:16 PM   
Stelteck

I played the sertorus revolt scenario (3 side. A general (sertorius that revolt in spain, the pontus tyran that attack rome in asia, and of course Rome).

During the scenario, i had the event "spartacus revolt" !!!

So in this scenario, you cannot play spartacus but you have to face the revolt if you choose to play with Rome.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 7
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/19/2012 10:37:38 PM   
Toby42

I see where Spartacus is available on the AEGOD site for $3.99. Will this be available from Matrix?

Tony

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 8
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/22/2012 7:32:37 PM   
JiminyJickers

That is a bit of a steep price to ask for a small scenario.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 9
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/22/2012 7:42:48 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: JiminyJickers

Yes, I thought that it was going to be released free, like it was to the pre-orders? I'm probably wrong!!

Tony

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 10
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/23/2012 8:31:30 PM   
JiminyJickers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

Yes, I thought that it was going to be released free, like it was to the pre-orders? I'm probably wrong!!

That is what it implied from their initial announcement. I guess they changed their mind.

I doubt that I will be buying the game. Maybe if they release some other scenarios for free that makes up for charging for the Spartacus one.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 11
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/23/2012 9:05:25 PM   
alex0809

It was always obvious that they would charge for the Spartacus scenario, it would have been a pretty lousy pre-order bonus otherwise. I think 3,99 is a bit steep, too but I see it as a little bonus for the developers because I love this game so much. And 20 € is a very good price for the game itself!

Post #: 12
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/24/2012 1:02:18 PM   
TJD

quote:

+1. I'm kinda surprised Matrix is going along with this. By way of contrast, Matrix/Slitherine have released several DLCs for PzC for about this same price, and each contains a dozen or more large scenarios. I'm glad to support a developer by buying their product, but I'm not willing to give them something for nothing, and this Spartacus scenario is about as near to nothing as they could offer.

Tim

Post #: 13
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/24/2012 2:20:08 PM   
vonRocko

The "Spartacus" scenerio was a bonus for pre ordering. Why should it be released, to people who did not pre order, for free? I preordered, what bonus did I get if everyone gets this scenerio? To condemn a game because of a paltry tiny scenerio is ridiculous. You people know that you do not HAVE to buy it, if you think it is to much.

(in reply to TJD)
Post #: 14
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/24/2012 2:30:39 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

The "Spartacus" scenerio was a bonus for pre ordering. Why should it be released, to people who did not pre order, for free? I preordered, what bonus did I get if everyone gets this scenerio? To condemn a game because of a paltry tiny scenerio is ridiculous. You people know that you do not HAVE to buy it, if you think it is to much.

I don't think that anyone is condemning the game? There was just a little confusion about the Spartacus Scenario as to whether it would be available free or not. The announcement on AEGOD's website at first seemed a little ambiguous....

Tony

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 15
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/24/2012 9:50:02 PM   
JiminyJickers

quote:

... You people know that you do not HAVE to buy it, if you think it is to much.

My problem is that we have to pay extra to get the full game. An extra scenario should never have been a pre-order bonus. There was no opportunity to pre-order from Matrix either.

And yes, I won't be buying it. As for complaining, if you don't let them know that you don't like the way the do it, they will continue doing it.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 16
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/24/2012 10:15:09 PM   
Toby42

quote:

quote:

... You people know that you do not HAVE to buy it, if you think it is to much.

My problem is that we have to pay extra to get the full game. An extra scenario should never have been a pre-order bonus. There was no opportunity to pre-order from Matrix either.

And yes, I won't be buying it. As for complaining, if you don't let them know that you don't like the way the do it, they will continue doing it.

You're right about not having the opportunity to pre-order from Matrix! I didn't know much about the game until it was put up to purchase....Maybe that's the reason the Matrix isn't handling the scenario?

Tony

Post #: 17
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/24/2012 11:48:02 PM   
TJD

quote:

To condemn a game because of a paltry tiny scenerio is ridiculous. You people know that you do not HAVE to buy it, if you think it is to much.

I'm not condemning the game, not at all. That's a total misinterpretation. I think it's a great game, frankly. I just think that offering this puny, single scenario at this price as the first of their DLCs is poor marketing. A bit annoying, too. Of course we don't HAVE to buy it, as you say. But that's totally not the point.

Tim

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 18
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/25/2012 4:42:02 AM   
vonRocko

Sorry TJD, my response was for Jiminy Jickers. JJ you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But guys, really, it is a small and short scenerio, on a few provinces, you really aren't missing anything. As for it not being a "full" game, well they are adding DLCs' later, so technically it isn't full till every DLC is made.

(in reply to TJD)
Post #: 19
RE: Spartacus ? - 10/25/2012 7:00:28 PM   
JiminyJickers

Your point is well received. I'm just miffed at the idea that developers, not just this one, cut content from games just for pre-order incentives.

I can forgive if it is extra portraits or something small, but to remove part of the game annoys me.

< Message edited by JiminyJickers -- 10/25/2012 7:01:06 PM >

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Spartacus ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI