Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilot Training Collapse?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pilot Training Collapse? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/29/2012 8:06:30 PM   
WO Katsuki

replacement pilots exp has dropped from 35 to 29

what is happening?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/29/2012 8:32:26 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: WO Katsuki

replacement pilots exp has dropped from 35 to 29

what is happening?

In months 10-12 of the pieline they're at 23 training. When you dump mid-20s into the existing pool the average drops. Get used to it.

The Moose

(in reply to WO Katsuki)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/29/2012 9:04:53 PM   
zuluhour

quote:

Get used to it.

mean old Mr. Moose

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/29/2012 9:39:57 PM   
WO Katsuki

here is the starting pool

why are the exp values changing

are not all 1-year trainees supposed to train up to an average of 35?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to WO Katsuki)
Post #: 4
RE: Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/29/2012 10:01:51 PM   
jmalter

as you add 'replacement' pilots to your sqns, the highest-exp pilots in the queue are used 1st, but not all of the available guys will be up to speed. i think that pilots 'in the queue' will train up to a certain maximum (the 35 value in your screenshot) but not beyond. also the #s in these screens don't update during the orders phase, so that 29 value in the 10-12 Exp column might be accurate when you 1st start removing pilots, but it won't update until the next turn has been executed. if you continue to take pilots out, their exp will be progressively lower.

adding pilots to TRACOM is said to help your training-queue, i've read that this is best done in groups of 10, treating IJN & IJA separately. and for IJ, be sure you're producing enough HI each month, IJ uses these points for pilot training.

best would be, don't grab any more replacement pilots for a month or 3, the guys in the queue need time to reach 35.

< Message edited by jmalter -- 9/29/2012 10:14:10 PM >

(in reply to WO Katsuki)
Post #: 5
RE: Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/29/2012 10:38:24 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

as you add 'replacement' pilots to your sqns, the highest-exp pilots in the queue are used 1st, but not all of the available guys will be up to speed. i think that pilots 'in the queue' will train up to a certain maximum (the 35 value in your screenshot) but not beyond. also the #s in these screens don't update during the orders phase, so that 29 value in the 10-12 Exp column might be accurate when you 1st start removing pilots, but it won't update until the next turn has been executed. if you continue to take pilots out, their exp will be progressively lower.

adding pilots to TRACOM is said to help your training-queue, i've read that this is best done in groups of 10, treating IJN & IJA separately. and for IJ, be sure you're producing enough HI each month, IJ uses these points for pilot training.

best would be, don't grab any more replacement pilots for a month or 3, the guys in the queue need time to reach 35.

I think we said the same thing, but I want to be sure.

As I've alwys understood it, the guys in the "Month" brackets are still in flight school, in four cohorts. They're trainees. The near-graduates here are at an average of 29 Exp, but they won't be pulled to operating air groups unless the 345 guys in "Replacement" are all pulled first. The difference between 29 and 35 is the training gained in the time the graduated pilots wait around in Replacement before they're pulled into an operational air group.

But if the Replacement pool has no withdrawls, but keeps having 29 rated guys dumping in at the other end, over time the Replacement EXP average will drop. And from the number in training months 10-12 (1018 individuals) versus the number in the Replacement pool (345) the average will drop a fair bit.

The Moose

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 6
RE: Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/29/2012 11:25:49 PM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

as you add 'replacement' pilots to your sqns, the highest-exp pilots in the queue are used 1st, but not all of the available guys will be up to speed.

Depends on exactly what you mean. For the pilots which are "in pool", when you pull pilots you get a random pilot, not necessarily the highest-exp. For that matter, I'm pretty sure the "in pool" pilots don't even exist as individuals, it's simply a distribution that is sampled from when a pilot is pulled.

If you pull pilots one at a time, you'll see they don't follow a well defined progression of experience.

At least at release, you could pull from the 12 month training program if "in pool" was exhausted. (that capability might have been removed in a later patch, don't recall for sure). In that case, you would pull first from month 12, then 11, etc. so you get the highest experience of those "in school" - although again it's just random samples from that month's distribution, you don't get the "best pilot within a month of graduating"

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 7
RE: Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/30/2012 6:14:11 PM   
inqistor

Experience of pilots drops, when you draw recruits. It can also drop because with time Japan lowers its training standards.

But I actually remember, that it slowly rise, when you do not draw new pilots (although much slower, than falling from drawing).

Anyway, the more EXP, the slower pilot trains, so you are actually better with low EXP recruits

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 8
RE: Pilot Training Collapse? - 9/30/2012 6:28:20 PM   
Grfin Zeppelin

*wrong thread :(*

< Message edited by Gräfin Zeppelin -- 9/30/2012 7:37:12 PM >

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pilot Training Collapse? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI