Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mixed reactors to have or not to have?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Mixed reactors to have or not to have? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mixed reactors to have or not to have? - 10/3/2012 9:53:30 PM   
GI Seve

I'm pondering what fuel will my mixed reactor ships be using? For example got capital with 2 quantum (casion) and 2 fusion (hydrogen). All that it seems to effect is power/fuel unit. Will the ship also be taking both casion and hydrogen when it refuels leading to half empty tanks if there happen to be none of the other fueltype available at refueling point?

I did the dual reactor models as it was more efficient space/power wise to get required power for certain weapons setup.

HallelujaaGobble!
Post #: 1
RE: Mixed reactors to have or not to have? - 10/3/2012 10:34:47 PM   
Nedrear

It would take the first to be found, therefore making them a double edged sword. Either you take enough reactors of both and are able to operate anywhere through it wasting building space or you take just enough of both and use it in double fuel systems. The latter version would lead to a risk if you burn one fuel too quick. Sadly the game does not reserve storage for fuel as far as I know and a double reactor ship with a full caslon tank is half useless.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to GI Seve)
Post #: 2
RE: Mixed reactors to have or not to have? - 10/4/2012 1:41:05 PM   
w1p

I don't think the game handles storage of fuels very well, and I fear that your fuel tanks would be filled with one type of fuel only and you would run around everywhere with only half of your reactors working... Having said that, I don't think anybody has thoroughly tested it so good luck!!

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Mixed reactors to have or not to have? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI