Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MR.TOJO

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: MR.TOJO Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/2/2012 2:16:35 PM   
GreyJoy

Yes Micheal, i've tried to do what you suggested me few months ago. It didn't work as intended, but from that moment on, the 12th Air Flottilla (the one at which all the restricted air units in Japan are attached permanently) became "unrestricted" and so i was able to move in and out all those air units.... strange, i know

The 12th Air Flottila is now stationed at Shimushiri Jima, along with 36 Nells, 36 Zeros, 9 Mavis and 18 float planes...

The Kuriles are already pretty well built imho. Paramushiro is 1-4 (Port-AF) with 3 forts, Onnekotan is 1-3 with 3 forts, Shimushiri will be built up to its max in a couple of months now, after the arrival of the 53rd Division with all its engineers.

I've already bought out all the engineers and base forces i could from Korea and Manchukoku...but consider that in this Mod the typical eng small unit (the "contruction co") has 4 (FOUR) engineers!! ...it takes forever to build bases... the typical IJAF base force has 12 engineers...to do it properly at decent speeds you need to use the big Infantry units (bde or divs), that, as you know, are needed always somewhere else! It's a constant challenge!

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 931
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/2/2012 11:36:54 PM   
Cribtop

Lanchow is absolutely key. Well done. You have deprived the Chinese economy of fuel while materially extending the time that Manchukuo's industry can operate on "domestic" sources.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 932
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/3/2012 8:07:05 AM   
GreyJoy

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Jun 20, 21, 22 42

Yes my friends, the Allies brought nearly the whole Navy against Addak and another island southwest of it (can't remember the name now).
We had 230 AVs there, composed around 5 SNLF units, 3 AAs and one naval base force, behind 3 forts. Nearly 12,000 men in total.
Despte the decent AV, it has been immediately clear that the tiny naval infantry units didn't have the firepower to sustain the attack of 2 American Full Divisions, supported by a combat engineer unit.
The americans brought also 5 BBs, that pounded Addak two times in two days, while 200 bombers from a carrier TF (probably 5 american carriers, not less) pounded my troops.
The autobombardment clearly showed we had no hope to hold without any external support. The american counterbattery fire almost wiped out one of my SNLF unit...
However, we got a 1-2 on the 21st and, the following day, we repulsed a shock attack (1-1).-..but losses are so great that it's pretty sure tomorrow we'll fall....

It was a sad decision to let those brave guys die alone on that cold Island... but i cannot regret that decision. Too risky. Too exposed. Too little strategical possible gains.

The only good news is that one of our sub put a torp into CVL Hermes' belly...she will survive, but it feels good to have damaged her none the less.

Everywhere else is pretty calm... we finally bombed Manila with our BBs......not a single ship suffered any damage and not a single enemy unit fired back...they are finally out of supply! Now we'll move in another division and we'll begin to attack.

The KB, after having left both Zuikaku and Shokaku at the yards to get their 6/42 upgrades (Radars! ), the KB is now re-directing to the Marianns.

More supplies and more Tojos are flowing to Burma, while in China we're advancing towards Sining and getting ready for an attack at Chikkiang...

July will be interesting.

The Kuriles are being reinforced. The Addak destroyed units will be rebought and sent to the pacific, while the Kuriles will be guarded by 2 infantry divisions, divided into 6 regiments, along with several minor units (AA, base forces, HQs etc...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Naval bombardment of Adak Island at 162,52 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

1 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Allied Ships
BB Mississippi
BB Idaho
BB Nevada
BB Maryland

Japanese ground losses:
438 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Non Combat: 6 destroyed, 36 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Guns lost 8 (2 destroyed, 6 disabled)
Vehicles lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Airbase supply hits 1
Port hits 3
Port supply hits 1

BB Mississippi firing at 7th Base Force
7th Base Force firing at BB Mississippi
BB Idaho firing at 7th Base Force
7th Base Force firing at BB Idaho
BB Nevada firing at Adak Island
BB Maryland firing at Adak Island

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Naval bombardment of Manila at 79,77

Japanese Ships
BB Ise
BB Fuso
BB Nagato
CA Suzuya
CA Mogami
CA Nachi

Allied ground losses:
672 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 26 disabled
Non Combat: 8 destroyed, 36 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 10 disabled
Guns lost 21 (1 destroyed, 20 disabled)
Vehicles lost 3 (2 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Manpower hits 3
Fires 1716
Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 21
Port hits 2
Port fuel hits 3

Sub attack near Ulak Island at 161,55

Japanese Ships
SS I-29, hits 1

Allied Ships
CVL Hermes, Torpedo hits 1
DD Flusser

Ground combat at Adak Island (162,52)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 21199 troops, 367 guns, 241 vehicles, Assault Value = 680

Defending force 10386 troops, 99 guns, 19 vehicles, Assault Value = 241

Allied adjusted assault: 380

Japanese adjusted defense: 155

Allied assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 3)

Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), fatigue(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
1572 casualties reported
Squads: 49 destroyed, 52 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 25 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Guns lost 29 (11 destroyed, 18 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
224 casualties reported
Squads: 3 destroyed, 13 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 3 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Guns lost 6 (1 destroyed, 5 disabled)

Assaulting units:
40th Infantry Division
27th Infantry Division
2nd AmphTrac Engineer Battalion

Defending units:
83rd Naval Guard Unit
89th Naval Guard Unit
41st Naval Guard Unit
48th Naval Guard Unit
11th Ind.AA Gun Co
1st Ind.AA Gun Co
43rd Const Co
3rd Air Defense AA Regiment
7th Base Force

TF 327 encounters mine field at Merak (48,97)

Allied Ships
SS KX, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Night Naval bombardment of Adak Island at 162,52

Allied Ships
BB Mississippi
BB Idaho
BB Nevada
BB Maryland

Japanese ground losses:
67 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 3 (1 destroyed, 2 disabled)
Vehicles lost 2 (2 destroyed, 0 disabled)

Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 3
Port hits 2

BB Mississippi firing at Adak Island
BB Idaho firing at 7th Base Force
BB Nevada firing at Adak Island
BB Maryland firing at 7th Base Force

Ground combat at Makassar (65,106) We're finally isolating Balikapan

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 3612 troops, 38 guns, 4 vehicles, Assault Value = 116

Defending force 1964 troops, 18 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 60

Japanese adjusted assault: 46

Allied adjusted defense: 11

Japanese assault odds: 4 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Makassar !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
Do-24K-1: 2 destroyed

Combat modifiers
Defender: leaders(-), fatigue(-), morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
160 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 13 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
834 casualties reported
Squads: 16 destroyed, 26 disabled
Non Combat: 13 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 9 (4 destroyed, 5 disabled)
Units retreated 3

Assaulting units:
Sasebo 3rd SNLF
Sasebo 8th SNLF

Defending units:
Kendari Garrison Battalion
Makassar Garrison Battalion
12th Avn Sup Afd

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 22885 troops, 366 guns, 244 vehicles, Assault Value = 660

Defending force 9067 troops, 89 guns, 17 vehicles, Assault Value = 154

Allied adjusted assault: 342

Japanese adjusted defense: 193

Allied assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 2)

Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), disruption(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+), fatigue(-)

Japanese ground losses:
1116 casualties reported
Squads: 26 destroyed, 40 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled
Guns lost 19 (11 destroyed, 8 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
579 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 47 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled

Assaulting units:
40th Infantry Division
27th Infantry Division

Defending units:
89th Naval Guard Unit
41st Naval Guard Unit
83rd Naval Guard Unit
48th Naval Guard Unit
11th Ind.AA Gun Co
1st Ind.AA Gun Co
43rd Const Co
7th Base Force

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 933
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/3/2012 1:19:51 PM   
Gridley380

Still only June, no 'Midway', and the Allies are on the offensive? Bold.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 934
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/3/2012 5:19:58 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

Still only June, no 'Midway', and the Allies are on the offensive? Bold.

Sure he's been bold. And sneaky too! He got me out of position with my assets and caught me with my pants down. It's also true that The Aleutinas are very far away from the center of gravity of the Empire and, in mid june 42, we haven't the strenght to garrison properly every area. We had placed 230 AVs there...thought it was enough... facts prooved me wrong

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 935
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/3/2012 5:24:41 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

Lanchow is absolutely key. Well done. You have deprived the Chinese economy of fuel while materially extending the time that Manchukuo's industry can operate on "domestic" sources.

Yes, now China's industry is in decent shape.

I'm now wondering if it's worth to push any further than Sining... up there there are some lightly garrisoned bases with some oil...but probably it's too far away and that oil won't never reach anyway the Sian Area... so is it worth?

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 936
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/3/2012 9:55:16 PM   
crsutton

I think you did the correct thing. The Allies have very little invasion type ships in mid 42 and he obviously took them all up North.

So, now you know where he is "not" going to invade for the time being and can plan accordingly.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 937
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/4/2012 8:47:38 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

I think you did the correct thing. The Allies have very little invasion type ships in mid 42 and he obviously took them all up North.

So, now you know where he is "not" going to invade for the time being and can plan accordingly.

Well, i don't know if it was the right decision not to intervene... it was a forced decision to say the truth... my CVs were all out of position and i didn't have the chance to move any LBA up there (not having an Air HQ present in the area). My CVs would have arrived late and possibly when the allied had already estabilished a fighter base force at Addak... no, too risky.

Now we're moving south again...KB's approaching the Caroline Is.....

....till june 27

The Amerikans, after a couple of days of rest, obtained a 3-1 at Addak, conquering the base and so finishing this brief and succesfull (for them!) campaign. The only thing we could do was sending a sub flottilla based at Tokyo.
Our brave subs managed to put a couple of torps into the british CV Illustrious and 2 more into CL Releigh. The latter should be in sinking conditions, while i doubt the sturdy british CV will sink...but she'll need some R&R for sure.
Our garrison at Addak, after having lost the base, shock attacked in order to save the honour... few more days and there won't remain any japanese alive on that icy rock

The allies are building Exmouth (NW of Oz)...this will surely be an active front very soon i fear....

In China the japanese supply situation is getting worse...sending some more supplies there before resuming the attacks against Chikkiang.

As said, the KB is approaching Truk, trying to avoid the huge number of enemy subs that are infesting the waters around the Mariannas...

Supply situation is overall very bad. Java has, in total, 18k supplies. Northern Oz 5k... The whole Malaya 30k...China 70k.... Japan 400k.... we're doing our best to keep the empire aive but the whole empire has only 2milions of supplies... simply not enough to fight, build and repair the R&D industries. I really hope to finish the chinese campaign soon, so that we can concentrate on creating a decent defensive perimeter.

The Kuriles are now safe, imho, with the equivalent of 2 divisions guarding them.

...hopefully this weekend will be able to post some datas (maps, industry etc...)

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 938
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/4/2012 9:06:16 AM   
GreyJoy

Burma...
I count 300 bombers and 400 enemy fighters in southeastern India... i can master 300 fighters in Burma...not more... and the main problem now is, with the monsoon season, everything north of Mandalay is out of supplies and there's no way to make them move any further! While the allies, having built their assam bases, will not have this problem. This means i cannot project any kind of airpower towards the enenmy's AFs.

I'm also considering moving out the IJN daitais from Burma... those pilots are too precious to be left there waiting to be killed by the enemy's masses that will surely arrive anytime soon.
I'm thinking about substituting the zeros with the Nicks, leaving only IJA air units to defend Burma... so to say 200 Tojos and 100 Nicks... The Nick, so far, has performed really well and i discovered that there are quite a lot of units able to be upgrade to Nicks (basically all the 1E bombers can upgrade to Nick)

I'll try to develop these concepts a little bit more in the nearby future...

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 939
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/4/2012 1:05:18 PM   
obvert

With my IJN groups I also moved them out of Burma for a while. Some are back there now, though, just for more numbers and in anticipation of the new fighters soon.

It's probably a good idea to gut some of the extra elite groups and add in newly trained pilots around now. I kept only 1/3 elite pilots, put in 2/3 pilots trained to 50/70. Those guys get experience fast in Burma, and now I'm having to do this again with some groups to conserve experienced guys for better airframes and also to get them onto CVs.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 940
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/4/2012 11:46:10 PM   
GreyJoy

A brief update.

We reached june 29th...

So my subs, even if arrived late in the aleutinas, managed nonetheless to do their job.
CV formidable was hit with two torps on the 26th... While the american CVs retired safely towards PH... On the 28th we maned to catch her again while she was trying to reach coal harbour...another 53mm torp in her belly...heavy damage and on fire... She may sink i guess....

We also sunk an american DD, an APD, a CL ( detroit class) and an AK... All in exchange of one sub badly hit ( 53 flt ) and two more lightly damaged....not bad!

Now we will retire to Tokyo. The campaign is over and the japanese have lost...but at least some damage has been caused.

We have not less than 4 operations now scheldued.
An air campaign in Burma/india, the conquest of Balikapan, a new two/fronta offensive in China and a brand new operation against Oz with the fqull KB in support.

While all these things unfold, we're proudly announcing that we reached 4,6 millions resources stockpiled in Japan.... While fuel levels are getting better... The convoys are working just fine!
We're also creating a complex " corridor system " in order to avoid the enemy subs... Will explain it in detail during this weekend when the game will be paused due to a trip qball is going to have

See u tomorrow guys...night

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 941
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/5/2012 6:44:27 AM   
GreyJoy

here are the important events of the last 4 days

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Jun 26, 42
Night Naval bombardment of Amchitka Island at 158,52

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
H6K4 Mavis: 13 damaged
C5M2 Babs: 2 damaged

Allied Ships
CA Minneapolis
CA Astoria
CL Nashville
CL Honolulu
CL Helena
DD Phelps
DD Selfridge
DD Porter
DD Tucker
DD Reid
DD Cassin

Japanese ground losses:
233 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 3 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 32 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 14 (4 destroyed, 10 disabled)
Vehicles lost 8 (2 destroyed, 6 disabled)

Airbase hits 14
Airbase supply hits 6
Runway hits 30
Port hits 31
Port supply hits 8

ASW attack near Atka Island at 164,53

Japanese Ships
SS I-21

Allied Ships
CL Raleigh, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Flusser

Sub attack near Chuginadak Island at 167,53

Japanese Ships
SS I-173, hits 3, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CV Formidable, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
BB Prince of Wales
CA Indianapolis
CA Portland
CLAA San Diego
DD Mustin
DD Sterett
DD Henley
DD Ralph Talbot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Jun 27, 42

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 6211 troops, 34 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 96

Defending force 24117 troops, 399 guns, 296 vehicles, Assault Value = 597

Japanese adjusted assault: 6

Allied adjusted defense: 1319

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 219 (fort level 0)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
2895 casualties reported
Squads: 62 destroyed, 59 disabled
Non Combat: 62 destroyed, 18 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 21 (16 destroyed, 5 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Allied ground losses:
47 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Guns lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Assaulting units:
41st Naval Guard Unit
83rd Naval Guard Unit
48th Naval Guard Unit
43rd Const Co
89th Naval Guard Unit
1st Ind.AA Gun Co
11th Ind.AA Gun Co
7th Base Force

Defending units:
40th Infantry Division
27th Infantry Division
151st Cmbt Engineer Battalion
205th Field Artillery Battalion
802nd Aviation Engineer Battalion
132nd Base Sqdn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Jun 28, 42
Sub attack near Umnak Island at 170,50

Japanese Ships
SS I-10, hits 3

Allied Ships
CV Formidable, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage
CLAA San Diego
DD Clark
DD Shaw

ASW attack near Dutch Harbor at 171,50

Japanese Ships
SS I-5, hits 5

Allied Ships
DD Mugford, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage
DD Clark

3rd Air Defense AA Regiment Wiped Out at Adak Island by attrition!!!

1st Ind.AA Gun Co Wiped Out at Adak Island by attrition!!!

89th Naval Guard Unit Wiped Out at Adak Island by attrition!!!

Japanese Unit(s) surrounded at Adak Island

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Jun 29, 42
ASW attack near Atka Island at 165,54

Japanese Ships
SS RO-33

Allied Ships
APD Crane, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Almaack
AK Betelgeuse
AK Fomalhaut
AK Bellatrix
xAP John Adams
xAK Arkansan
AM Oriole

Sub attack near Chuginadak Island at 167,54

Japanese Ships
SS I-9

Allied Ships
AK Algorab, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AK Almaack
AK Betelgeuse
AK Bellatrix
xAP John Adams
xAK Arkansan
xAK Alabaman
AM Oriole

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 942
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/5/2012 7:15:40 AM   
GreyJoy

Tojo IIc already advanced till 1/44 (not bad!)...we should be able to have it by 9/43 without much problems
Nakashima Ha-45 has been heavily researched. As far as i can tell we should be able to start stockpiling these engines starting from november 1942, which should help a lot in order to advance the George and the Frank.

I've also decided to start researching a bit the Jack.

A6M3a and A6M5 should be online by 11/42 and 1/43 as planned.

Judy (first model) should be online by 12/42. Untill that moment i'll equip half of my CVs with Kates instead of Vals.

In one month we'll be able to move the 38th Div to Manila (that big unit is still fighting in southern China in order to clear the last pockets of resistance around Canton), and so we'll soon be able to get rid of any resistance in Luzon, thus freeing 3 divisions, 5 base forces and several artillery units.
With the fall of Balikapan 2 more divisions will be free to be moved elsewhere.

I'm planning to use these five divisions, sending three of them to the SRA (Sumatra, Timor and Northern Oz), while two of them will be moved to the pacific (Marshalls and Mariannas).

Ki.45a production has been brought up to 50/month. i've found that i have a lot of units that can be equipped with this plane. Wanna have at least 200 operating Nicks.... i just have to check if, once those units chose the FB upgrade path, they can get back to F path or not....i may have to regret to have too many FB in the future....

Reorganizing my sub flottillas once again, calling back some 15 subs that have been operating in the IO without any success during the last 3 months

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 943
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/5/2012 1:31:28 PM   
ny59giants

Prome (Burma) - I place my IJN air units here with an Air HQ. Got to keep the Allied navy honest. At least one Zero, two Nell/Betty, and a Mavis go here.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 944
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/5/2012 3:16:29 PM   
GreyJoy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 945
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/5/2012 3:18:06 PM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Prome (Burma) - I place my IJN air units here with an Air HQ. Got to keep the Allied navy honest. At least one Zero, two Nell/Betty, and a Mavis go here.

Prome? I have an Air Div HQ at Rangoon (level 7 AF), with Netties and Zeros.

I also have a flottilla Air HQ at Port Blair (level 4 AF), with 36 G3N3 and 36 Zeros, while Mavis are being placed at Little Adaman (level 3 AF).

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 946
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 9:32:53 AM   
GreyJoy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 947
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 9:35:33 AM   
GreyJoy

What do you think? Stupid idea?

QBall has problems with his laptop...no turns till tuesday

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 948
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 11:07:40 AM   
obvert

What is in Cooktown? Is this heavily garrisoned? I ilke the idea, but I wonder of Cooktown would render Portland Roads ineffective while also providing a deeper more serious threat in NE OZ? You could also trap that force in both bases to the north and take them off of the map. It's also not easily supplied or reinforced by land and is close enough to run back and forth to New guinea for you by sea.

If Cooktown is not possible then Portland Roads with the threat of marching South works still. He'll likely have to scramble some air defense and more troops to the area. What is the state of Western OZ now? Do you have Darwin and the bases along the coast? A nice compliment to this would be going for the Carnarvon/Exmouth area about two weeks after landing at Portland Roads. I've found those bases really useful to hold back the Allied approach to the DEI.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 949
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 3:31:09 PM   
Cribtop

The day before the landing you could ground attack to obtain recon on what's there. Could help you make a final go/no go decision.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 950
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 4:05:23 PM   
Canoerebel

Bad idea.

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 951
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 5:59:29 PM   
GreyJoy

Dan: can you elaborate a bit more? I understand it's not a winning stretegic goal...it's just a plan to delay a bit more the allied advance in NG/SWPAC... should be a low risk operation...why do u think is such a bad idea?
i am still in time to call it back...troops are loaded but we can always get back with no problems....

Obvert, Cooktown should be lightly garrisoned too, but at Cairns surely there are australian tanks (i've spotted them) and the AF is already at level 7...so it becomes risky if he has some 100 dive bombers there my KB could suffer....

Ok...CR has really puzzled my will now... too few troops? Too late to attack? Should i better sit and think about my defences?...

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 952
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 8:33:04 PM   
Canoerebel

You're going for a spoiling attack that you hope will throw your opponent off balance or throw him off schedule (or that's what you should be doing now that you've transitioned over the strategic defensive).

This attack won't accomplish either. Brad will either ignore it or gleefully use it to give his ground troops and airforce some easy targets. He doesn't need New Guinea, though he may ultimately decide it's worth his time. You would be better off having him attack New Guinea than some more important objective. It's farther to Japan's heartland via New Guinea than nearly any other route. You should be praying that he'll attack that way. You should draw him that way (perhaps by exhibiting weakeness when in fact your preparing strong interior defenses.

Also, I don't think you can assume that this is a low risk operation. Any operation against a player of Q-Ball's caliber carries risks. You could well lose ships or get good units marooned.

It seems to me that you think you should be doing something and therefore you've come up with something. But I don't think this is worth it. Either work on your defenses or choose something that will throw him off schedule.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 953
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 9:02:45 PM   
Olorin

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
Supply situation is overall very bad. Java has, in total, 18k supplies. Northern Oz 5k... The whole Malaya 30k...China 70k.... Japan 400k.... we're doing our best to keep the empire aive but the whole empire has only 2milions of supplies... simply not enough to fight, build and repair the R&D industries. I really hope to finish the chinese campaign soon, so that we can concentrate on creating a decent defensive perimeter.

Alas, DaBigBabes denies Japan around 3000 tons of supply produced by refineries, every day. This creates a situation where you have to chose how to allocate your supplies. There is simply not enough supply to keep operations going, repair damaged oil fields, expand HI, expand aircraft factories and R&D, all at once.

< Message edited by Olorin -- 10/6/2012 9:03:56 PM >

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 954
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 10:35:39 PM   
ny59giants

Since I don't know how to combine multiple screenshots, so here is what the Japanese Industry looks like at start with Stock Scenario 2.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Olorin)
Post #: 955
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/6/2012 10:37:11 PM   
ny59giants

Now here is what DBB Scenario 30 which is suppose to be Stock Scenario 2 moved over to DBB mod system. Notice the BIG difference in at start Supply and Fuel especially.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 956
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/7/2012 3:00:28 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Now here is what DBB Scenario 30 which is suppose to be Stock Scenario 2 moved over to DBB mod system. Notice the BIG difference in at start Supply and Fuel especially.

Oh....oh.....oh.....so basically i have the tools of a scenario 2 but the economy of scenario 1????? Was this intended? Was this WAD?

Which are the implications in the long run? I cannot grasp all the consequences....but surely i am scared now...never realized that!

....time to sleep now....tomorrow i'll think about CR's words....

Thanks

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 957
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/7/2012 4:05:39 AM   
Dan Nichols

Here is a comment from PzB:

Yes, indeed! Time flies...as always!

I asked Andy if we could end this game - for several reasons.

1. There are balance issues regarding supplies. Not enough to maintain Japan's scen 2 armies and navies in mid 44.
Not only supplies, but heavy industries have been sucked dry. Each turn I have to worry about this and I'm tired of it - Japan is winning, not loosing.

[snip]

I think you have a problem.

(in reply to GreyJoy)
Post #: 958
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/7/2012 8:24:06 AM   
Encircled

Very daft question

Is that because people are running Scenario 1 economy management when scenario 2 requires something different, or is it genuinely a game changing problem?

I've no experience at all with the Japanese economy, which is why I'm asking

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 959
RE: MR.TOJO - 10/7/2012 11:28:49 AM   
JeffroK

JFB expect all those extra toys to appear out of fresh air & run on grass.

This might be the intended balance for your extra capabilities.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Encircled)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: MR.TOJO Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI