Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Versions lack of air support and recon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Versions lack of air support and recon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Versions lack of air support and recon - 10/10/2012 2:30:31 PM   
sajer

Hi,

I am playing version 1.06.06

Everything is all screwed up.

I can't get any recon except Rumanian planes. The reset of the screens AGN, AGC, AGS dot seem to have that ability - the screen goes dark red for them when I press F5.

Also I am not getting any Air support - except the occasional flight of fighters to slow down a flight of Russian ground support.

I am on turn 4 and it is continueng.

What gives?

I tried to go to the members club to download the newest version. But in the description thay don't seem to address it.

The only download they have in the members club are for Gary Grigsby's War in the East: Don to the Danube,
Gary Grigsby's World At War Beta Update v1.087, Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided.

I checked for updates on the WiTe startup screen and it said I was playing the most recent update. I hate going to the members club - it dosen't seem to give me a beta patch for my game of WiTe.

The thing that bothers me is that I cannot recon, and of course the lack of Air support in my attacks. I have everything perfectly set for recon and air support - I've been playing this game non-stop for a year and have nver experienced anything like this before.

Please help.

Sajer

Post #: 1
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 10/10/2012 2:32:14 PM   
sajer

Hi,

I am playing version 1.06.06

Everything is all screwed up.

I can't get any recon except Rumanian planes. The reset of the screens AGN, AGC, AGS dot seem to have that ability - the screen goes dark red for them when I press F5.

Also I am not getting any Air support - except the occasional flight of fighters to slow down a flight of Russian ground support.

I am on turn 4 and it is continueng.

What gives?

I tried to go to the members club to download the newest version. But in the description thay don't seem to address it.

The only download they have in the members club are for Gary Grigsby's War in the East: Don to the Danube,
Gary Grigsby's World At War Beta Update v1.087, Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided.

I checked for updates on the WiTe startup screen and it said I was playing the most recent update. I hate going to the members club - it dosen't seem to give me a beta patch for my game of WiTe.

The thing that bothers me is that I cannot recon, and of course the lack of Air support in my attacks. I have everything perfectly set for recon and air support - I've been playing this game non-stop for a year and have never experienced anything like this before.

Please help.

Sajer

(in reply to sajer)
Post #: 2
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 10/10/2012 3:28:47 PM   
gingerbread

Sometimes, a player has accidentally set all air units to night mode. Could be worth a check.

(in reply to sajer)
Post #: 3
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 10/10/2012 7:58:53 PM   
Joel Billings

If you have Gary Grigsby's War in the East registered, you should be able to see the downloads there that include the public beta 1.06.19. Have you checked your air doctrine screen to make sure something didn't change?

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to sajer)
Post #: 4
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 10/10/2012 10:40:26 PM   
sajer

Yes, I have checked my air doctrine and percent committed to flt is set at 100 at first and then at 200 - both did not work.

No planes set for night, I don't think. How do you check for that?

Anyway a scenario should not just start and have all fighers set on night. I have started dozens of games and never have I run into this problem. No air support and no recon.

Do you have to download the patches in order or does the lates patch have all the changes that are in the previous 3-4

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 10/10/2012 10:46:09 PM   
Joel Billings

You just need the latest patch. Check the CR screen NM column in the air groups tab to see if they are set for night missions.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to sajer)
Post #: 6
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 11/6/2012 8:36:32 AM   
EddyBear81

Same problem : the Luftwaffe just doesn't show up when I attack (but does on defense)... I have correctly updated the game to 1.06.19 (but started my current campaign under 1.06.06)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 7
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 11/6/2012 12:11:46 PM   
mevstedt

There was an issue with the server not stating 1.06.19 as latest patch I think, see this for more info on that: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3205278

Also, have you guys checked the "Percent required to Fly" on the Air Doctrine screen? If it is set too high and you have damaged aircrafts in the units they won't fly (as in if the percent required to fly is for example 75% then you need atleast that many operational aircraft for the units to fly).

edit*: Noticed that was apparently the problem =)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sajer

Yes, I have checked my air doctrine and percent committed to flt is set at 100 at first and then at 200 - both did not work.

Anyway a scenario should not just start and have all fighers set on night. I have started dozens of games and never have I run into this problem. No air support and no recon.

Do you have to download the patches in order or does the lates patch have all the changes that are in the previous 3-4

See above for answer to the airplane issue. As for downloading patches you only need the latest afaik, ie don't need to install them in order.

< Message edited by mevstedt -- 11/6/2012 12:14:20 PM >

(in reply to sajer)
Post #: 8
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 11/9/2012 4:08:56 AM   
travicl1

quote:

ORIGINAL: mevstedt

There was an issue with the server not stating 1.06.19 as latest patch I think, see this for more info on that:

Also, have you guys checked the "Percent required to Fly" on the Air Doctrine screen? If it is set too high and you have damaged aircrafts in the units they won't fly (as in if the percent required to fly is for example 75% then you need atleast that many operational aircraft for the units to fly).

edit*: Noticed that was apparently the problem =)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sajer

See above for answer to the airplane issue. As for downloading patches you only need the latest afaik, ie don't need to install them in order.

I was having the same issues under 1.06.19. German ground support almost always refused to fly. When they did there were often odd strike packages. Like AGN aircraft assembling at an AGC air base to support AGC divisions or Rumanian aircraft supporting AGS troops when AGS aircraft were closer to the target. Dive bombers flew far more often than level bombers. "Percent required to fly" was set at 5 and "Ground support" percentage was set at 100 so that wasn't it. Morale was high in all air groups. They weren't set to night missions.

I dealt with it until April of '42 before I got tired of it. I downgraded to patch 1.06.04 and what do you know, ground support started flying again in freshly started games. They still weren't flying in my existing game so I had to scrap it. I'm not sure why so few people are effected by this.

(in reply to mevstedt)
Post #: 9
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 11/9/2012 9:56:05 AM   
mevstedt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Travix

I was having the same issues under 1.06.19. German ground support almost always refused to fly. When they did there were often odd strike packages. Like AGN aircraft assembling at an AGC air base to support AGC divisions or Rumanian aircraft supporting AGS troops when AGS aircraft were closer to the target. Dive bombers flew far more often than level bombers. "Percent required to fly" was set at 5 and "Ground support" percentage was set at 100 so that wasn't it. Morale was high in all air groups. They weren't set to night missions.

I dealt with it until April of '42 before I got tired of it. I downgraded to patch 1.06.04 and what do you know, ground support started flying again in freshly started games. They still weren't flying in my existing game so I had to scrap it. I'm not sure why so few people are effected by this.

Well, there are a few things that come into play making it difficult to judge exactly what is going on. Only time I have noticed an issue was with Finns refusing to air support assault on Hango but I think that is mostly down to failed leader rolls.

As for the issue of tactical (ie dive bombers) flying more often it is in part affected by the ground support setting. The way I understand it, the computer has a base number of bombers to commit (which is the number that will be commited if set to 100) so if you reach that number with just tactical bombers the system won't commit any additional level bombers for example.

I will fool around a little with the air system and see if I can notice any issues but I haven't noticed anything strange in my last game(s).

(in reply to travicl1)
Post #: 10
RE: Versions lack of air support and recon - 11/9/2012 10:36:41 AM   
Helpless

There was no air changes from 1.06.04 to 1.06.19. I see nothing unusual in my tests as well.

quote:

Like AGN aircraft assembling at an AGC air base to support AGC

There are no AGN or AGC aircraft. When assembling the strike it tries to pick closest air base. It could be army air base.

< Message edited by Helpless -- 11/9/2012 10:37:01 AM >

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to travicl1)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Versions lack of air support and recon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI