Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't hail from diplomacy screen?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Can't hail from diplomacy screen? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't hail from diplomacy screen? - 12/14/2002 12:53:09 PM   
sekullbe

In my latest game I'm unable to contact any of my opponents using the diplomacy screen; the 'Hail $ENEMY Homeworld' button is always gray. I can talk to them if I send a ship to their planet, but I don't want to have a ship just sitting around like that.

I know it's not that they're refusing comms; I've done that a couple of times and the 'Hail' button becomes the 'refusing' button properly.

The only thing I've done this time that I haven't done before is deal for galactic maps; in all my previous games I've found the enemy planets by scouting for them.

Any idea what could be wrong and what could fix it? (BTW I'm running v2.0- this is my third new game since patching.)

Thanks...
Post #: 1
Response... - 12/14/2002 1:18:57 PM   
Erik Rutins

Sekullbe,

I'm not sure what the problem could be, apart from the ships being out of range once you actually start to hail them. I assume from your post that you're and experience player though, in which case the best bet is probably to post a save with the problem here so Andrew can have a look.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 2
Re: Response... - 12/14/2002 11:05:53 PM   
sekullbe

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Rutins
[B]Sekullbe,

I'm not sure what the problem could be, apart from the ships being out of range once you actually start to hail them. I assume from your post that you're and experience player though, in which case the best bet is probably to post a save with the problem here so Andrew can have a look.

Regards,

- Erik [/B][/QUOTE]

I've attached the game.

I don't think it's a problem with the ships being out of range- it's something that happens only from the diplomacy screen. That screen doesn't work even when I have a ship patrolling over the other player's homeworld.

I'll start a new game and see if the same problems happen there. I hope I'm not just missing something obvious...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 3
- 12/14/2002 11:50:39 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

Hi sekullbe. Thanks for the saved game. I've discovered a bug in the comms code and put a fix in for the next version.

For your current game, you'll have to use any world other than Sol III to hail. This means focusing on another of your worlds and clicking on the system containing the world you want to hail using the star map. Then going to the comms page and hitting the Hail button.

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 4
- 12/15/2002 12:07:43 AM   
sekullbe

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andrew Ewanchyna
[B]Hi sekullbe. Thanks for the saved game. I've discovered a bug in the comms code and put a fix in for the next version.

For your current game, you'll have to use any world other than Sol III to hail. This means focusing on another of your worlds and clicking on the system containing the world you want to hail using the star map. Then going to the comms page and hitting the Hail button. [/B][/QUOTE]

Your fix is working for me... Thanks for the quick reply.

(in reply to sekullbe)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Can't hail from diplomacy screen? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI