Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 12/9/2002 1:22:26 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I have Russo German War, have not let myself check it out yet, but it has my attention.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 31
- 12/12/2002 3:40:44 PM   
Mad Cow

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]I have Russo German War, have not let myself check it out yet, but it has my attention. [/B][/QUOTE]

Send it over here, I'll check it out for ya...

;)

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 32
- 12/12/2002 7:03:46 PM   
Twotribes

I have russo-German War. I am having a hard time getting into it, but it has all the right stuff. If you have any problems or even just game questions, the designer has an email listed and he answers as fast as he can. Never had to wait more than a day for an answer for the two problems and 2 game questions I had.

Hearts of Iron will need some major tweaking in my opinion. Seems for example that when Austria allows Germany to Annex it you tend to get war with Britian and France, but France cant fight its way out of a wet brown paper bag. Even screwing up and not replacing my low level command Generals with the right level ones I crushed France in about a month. Opted for Vichy France in 1937. 2 other games I quit when Germany was attacked that early.

I really dont like the economic model either. But that is just a personal opinion.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 33
- 12/12/2002 8:06:26 PM   
sven

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dpstafford
[B]
Great! But the main reason I fly the Amnesty banner is to piss off Sven. [/B][/QUOTE]

It doesn't piss me off it makes me laugh that another sucker has bought in to the front group.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 34
- 12/12/2002 11:07:11 PM   
nelmsm1

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Twotribes
[B]but France cant fight its way out of a wet brown paper bag. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well that would make it historically accurate then! :D

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 35
- 12/13/2002 12:15:15 AM   
dpstafford

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sven
[B]It doesn't piss me off it makes me laugh that another sucker has bought in to the front group. [/B][/QUOTE]
Front group for whom, may I ask??

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 36
- 12/13/2002 10:56:23 AM   
Brigz

[B]I have russo-German War. I am having a hard time getting into it, but it has all the right stuff. If you have any problems or even just game questions, the designer has an email listed and he answers as fast as he can. Never had to wait more than a day for an answer for the two problems and 2 game questions I had.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well be sure and hang in there, once you grasp the gist of the game you will find it to be a very good game. It's one of those games that has lots and lots of simple "rules" but they all gel together and produce a fairly intricate game. Just keep playing the small scenarios and before you know it, you will see the big picture.

So what were some of the questions you had?

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 37
- 12/13/2002 10:53:49 PM   
Twotribes

I didnt understand how to convert rail lines, couldnt find it in the rules anywhere. Humm what was that second question?

I use win xp and had some trouble getting the game to run, ended up putting it in a win 98 sim I think. The rivers are impossible to see unless they go through some colored background and the units ( German and especially Finnish) are hard to read. Still cant read the Finnish air and sea units, just one big white blob with some darkish gibberish in places.

My poor Finns are always forgotten, I click on the finish button and then go DUH, I forgot again LOL.

Two of the cycles puts you in a corner of the map, one confused the crap out of me, had to play with for 3 start overs before I figured out I was in top left corner of map.

And it took a few moments to figure out how to click what so I could get the computer to do its full turn rather than one unit at a time.

I like it, just having trouble getting into playing it.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 38
- 12/14/2002 7:32:14 AM   
Brigz

[B]I didnt understand how to convert rail lines, couldnt find it in the rules anywhere. Humm what was that second question?

I use win xp and had some trouble getting the game to run, ended up putting it in a win 98 sim I think. The rivers are impossible to see unless they go through some colored background and the units ( German and especially Finnish) are hard to read. Still cant read the Finnish air and sea units, just one big white blob with some darkish gibberish in places.

My poor Finns are always forgotten, I click on the finish button and then go DUH, I forgot again LOL.

Two of the cycles puts you in a corner of the map, one confused the crap out of me, had to play with for 3 start overs before I figured out I was in top left corner of map.

And it took a few moments to figure out how to click what so I could get the computer to do its full turn rather than one unit at a time.

I like it, just having trouble getting into playing it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Interesting. I haven't had those problems. I'll have to double check on that rail conversion thing. The game does have a learning curve, but not too much. The more I play around with it the more I appreciate the way everything works together.

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 39
Patch op - 12/15/2002 1:44:22 AM   
bis71

The HoI patch ver 1.02 is up at Paradoxplaza.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 40
- 12/15/2002 7:17:56 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Patching HoI is like putting a bandaid on a traumatic amputation.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 41
- 12/15/2002 7:38:02 PM   
NefariousKoel

Great! Been waiting for that patch! Now maybe it won't be quite so easy.

You need a tourniquet for that Les?

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 42
AA H.O.I. - 12/15/2002 8:00:37 PM   
Frank W.

i had now the change to check out "HOI"

played 1st time persia, where i conquered 2 afghan provinces, to support the war on terrorism. but then almost my whole army met 4 or 5 afghan divs, and was routed. after some days the message came: your army has dissolved due to lack of suppies!
i had learned this the hard way, too: don´t underestimate the afghans....

2nd time brazil, funny conquered whole south america up to the panama channel, i was not bold enough to attack the US. so i declared war on the allies, attacked british and french islands in middle america. all went okay, so far. but then a huge surprise again this time with the whole left french fleet, which must have fled from europe to the american seas. i routed them serverall times with tac. bombers and my high sea fleet consisting of 2 old BB, 1 old CA and 3 modern destroyer fleets. the french fleet dissapeared somewhere, so i took my transport fleet ( 4 TR, 1 DD fleets) to conquere the remainders of the french territory in america, but suddenly the french fleet appeared again and sank half of my battle fleet and crippled all other fleets seriously. wonder how they could repair so fast.....

3rd time finland this time "hard" difficulty and "agressive" AI. soviets attacked in 39. first they had some succes and took 2 provinces from me. but AI made a huge mistake by going with 9 or 10 divs to attack, but only leaving 2 or 3 for protection of their back. now the germans attacked the SU and the bombers, which were very nerving seemed to moving away from my front to the german border.... after this i took mannerheim gave him 4 good inf divs and attacked the 2 divs of the russians. i won this battle. so the other 9-10 divs were trapped. AI doesn´t notice the danger and did not counterattack with 6 or 7 divs they had on my southern frontier. they just stand and watched :confused:
okay now 2 newly build inf div´s and mannerheims army attacked the 2nd soviet conquered province. not much fighting spirit in the russians, these 1 or 2 divs retreated right into the last now trapped province where the other 9-10 divs waited (for what :confused: perhpas they had orders simmilar to paulus in stalingrad ). the rest was no prob, after some more fighting the whole russian army group surrendered and the germans where standing meanwhile before moscow and conquered it finally. i took all furter russian provinces in the north, and then joined the germans, took 3 or 4 more huge russian provinces. all other where conquered by the germans already, so there was no more prey for me.... i finally attacked norway which i took fast, and sweden, which i thought must be tough because they had better tech and double the size of my army....but they finally lost, too.
axis won a overhelming victory with me on the leading front....

i notice that britain is too weak in this game and US very seldom joined the allied..

waiting now for the german version to come out.....:D

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll