Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Caesar civil war

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> The War Room >> Caesar civil war Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Caesar civil war - 10/16/2012 4:47:42 PM   
Twotribes

I am playing Caesar, what the hell am I supposed to do? Pompaii keeps landing troops in Italy, I can't go anywhere cause I have to keep crushing his attacks?
Post #: 1
RE: Caesar civil war - 10/16/2012 8:39:44 PM   
Vasquez

You own Rome already? (can be taken in the first round). If Pompeuis lands wipe the floor with his troops. Your morale should be better and you should be able to defeat them even outnumbered. Pressure into spain meanwhile. I started four campaigns for review purposes and had no problems in italy and/or spain. Only the corner in macedonia can be troublesome in the first year if pompeius decides to focus here. One time I beated a five times larger army (one of the african allies from pompeius) with just one Legion in sicilia harr =)

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: Caesar civil war - 10/16/2012 8:40:52 PM   
Enigma6584

LOL! You better beg for mercy then. Perhaps Pompaii will be merciful? Or, you could retreat to Gaul and gather your strength. Spend money on politics in Rome and the italian provinces. Maybe send funs overseas in order to get another faction to start war with Pompei? There are many strategies available. To get an idea, start reading the various AARs reports over at the AEGOD forums. They are very good and offer ideas as to formulate one's strategy.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> The War Room >> Caesar civil war Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI