Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Marinacci's code

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Marinacci's code Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marinacci's code - 9/29/2011 1:30:49 AM   
Hanal

I wonder...is the original poster from 2004 Samsonite still around, or did he pack it in?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 151
RE: Marinacci's code - 9/29/2011 5:49:03 AM   
Red Prince

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

I wonder...is the original poster from 2004 Samsonite still around, or did he pack it in?

See post #147. He showed up for his annual query about two weeks ago.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it!
-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 152
RE: Marinacci's code - 10/12/2011 3:08:32 AM   
38special

Just finished a ftf wif that took 5 months to play.  PBEM might be ok, but it may allow too many games to be going on in my head at one time.

Arrogance is the next best thing to being there.

(in reply to Red Prince)
Post #: 153
RE: Marinacci's code - 10/12/2011 2:14:01 PM   
micheljq

quote:

ORIGINAL: 38special

Just finished a ftf wif that took 5 months to play.  PBEM might be ok, but it may allow too many games to be going on in my head at one time.

I know someone who was playing 4 Wif campaigns at a time with PBeM and Vassal.

Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815

(in reply to 38special)
Post #: 154
RE: Marinacci's code - 10/12/2011 8:41:54 PM   
trooper76

quote:

ORIGINAL: micheljq

quote:

ORIGINAL: 38special

I know someone who was playing 4 Wif campaigns at a time with PBeM and Vassal.

4? snort. You don't get your gold frequent flier card until your running 6 at once..:D The beauty of PBEM.

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 155
RE: Marinacci's code - 10/13/2011 4:53:20 PM   
brian brian

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansHafen

Civil War by Victory Games is excellent as well.

I used to have a copy of this and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a few hundred miles away at a friends house now. We played one epic campaign with the random leader set-up; Stonewall Jackson showed up in Missouri in place of the forgettable Rebel generals over that way and proceeded to drive on Chicago early in the war.

Anyhow, I don't understand this post. Does the game make for a good CyberBoard game, or is there a computerized version out there to play somewhere?

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 156
RE: Marinacci's code - 1/15/2012 12:06:24 AM   
MikeS369

I wonder what version of Windows we will be using when this game is released (if it's released).

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 157
RE: Marinacci's code - 1/15/2012 12:24:14 AM   
aspqrz02

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeS369

I wonder what version of Windows we will be using when this game is released (if it's released).

You think Microsoft will still be in existence by that time, and that Windows will still be in use?

Phil

Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

(in reply to MikeS369)
Post #: 158
RE: Marinacci's code - 1/15/2012 12:28:34 AM   
Red Prince

quote:

ORIGINAL: aspqrz

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeS369

You think Microsoft will still be in existence by that time, and that Windows will still be in use?

Phil

I think it's safe to say (without violating the Non-Disclosure Agreement I signed) that we'll have this out on the shelves long before a neural jack (located behind the ear) is the standard computer interface used by the majority of the populace.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it!
-Lazarus Long, RAH

(in reply to aspqrz02)
Post #: 159
RE: Marinacci's code - 1/15/2012 1:34:11 AM   
HansHafen

There is a Civil War computer game out there. I actually think I have it here somewhere but I have never played it. I have only ever seen one listed on Ebay. I bought it. Let me know if you are interested in it. I'm not using it as I have some local guys who like to play the boardgame version. woohoo!
quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

quote:

I used to have a copy of this and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a few hundred miles away at a friends house now. We played one epic campaign with the random leader set-up; Stonewall Jackson showed up in Missouri in place of the forgettable Rebel generals over that way and proceeded to drive on Chicago early in the war.

Anyhow, I don't understand this post. Does the game make for a good CyberBoard game, or is there a computerized version out there to play somewhere?

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 160
RE: Marinacci's code - 1/15/2012 4:57:01 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

There is a Civil War computer game out there. I actually think I have it here somewhere but I have never played it. I have only ever seen one listed on Ebay. I bought it. Let me know if you are interested in it. I'm not using it as I have some local guys who like to play the boardgame version. woohoo!
quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

quote:

Over-the-board opponents - I'm green with envy.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 161
RE: It's a disgrace - 1/31/2012 5:16:11 AM   
NeverMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Samsonite

Why would company buy rights for a game and then just leave it? I haven't heard any news about WiF-Computer Game for ages. Why don't Matrix sell the rights on to somebody who would really do something? WiF is one of the best strategy games in the world, so I think it's a dicgrace to not publish it and keep the fans waiting.

Not many people buy these wargames, for example vs a very popular FPS, so the resources that a company can allocate toward development are very minimal if it plans on seeing any profit (profit, yep, the point of a company).

(in reply to Samsonite)
Post #: 162
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/18/2012 8:22:03 PM   
Samsonite

Almost there?

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 163
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/18/2012 8:51:23 PM   
Anendrue

Overheard at a race....

Said the turtle to the rabbit after winning; "your pace is not mine so you have your race and I'll have mine."

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to Samsonite)
Post #: 164
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/18/2012 10:53:06 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Almost there?
warspite1

You are a truly class act Samsonite. Word to the wise you ignorant buffoon - the programmer, Steve, has had major health issues - as you well know from reading other threads. The game release has been delayed due to those health issues. What is more important, a game or someone's life? GET A LIFE.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Samsonite)
Post #: 165
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/18/2012 11:29:58 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Almost there?
warspite1

You are a truly class act Samsonite. Word to the wise you ignorant buffoon - the programmer, Steve, has had major health issues - as you well know from reading other threads. The game release has been delayed due to those health issues. What is more important, a game or someone's life? GET A LIFE.

its really not a matter of someone's life or a game

its a matter of who finishes the game.

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 166
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/19/2012 3:45:05 AM   
SLAAKMAN

quote:

warspite1

Gaming is more important than reality. To insure efficiency, silly, temporary obstacles such as cataclysm, death, illness or celibacy should be swept aside by the simple act of Annihilation;

Velvet Acid Christ- Collapsed

Attachment (1)

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 167
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/19/2012 3:25:52 PM   
gw15

brian, brian - there is an excellent VASSAL version of Civil War that I have been using. It plays very smooth.

While I'm here I would like to comment on the MWIF project.
I have played WIF since it first came out and had many FtF games. Like the rest of us I was very excited when Matrix first announced the project. Over the years my emotions have ranged from excitement, disappointment, don't care anymore, and now hope. Steve - I'm sorry for your health and I wish you well. You are a "god" in my eyes to take this on.
My opinion is that MATRIX needs to quickly put more resources into the project and get this thing out.
I think we all agree this has been way to long. You may not say it but I know you think it.

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 168
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/19/2012 7:08:55 PM   
Anendrue

quote:

ORIGINAL: bommerrang

brian, brian - there is an excellent VASSAL version of Civil War that I have been using. It plays very smooth.

I have played WIF since it first came out and had many FtF games. Like the rest of us I was very excited when Matrix first announced the project. Over the years my emotions have ranged from excitement, disappointment, don't care anymore, and now hope. Steve - I'm sorry for your health and I wish you well. You are a "god" in my eyes to take this on.
My opinion is that MATRIX needs to quickly put more resources into the project and get this thing out.
I think we all agree this has been way to long. You may not say it but I know you think it.

Do you mean The Civil War from VG or Civil War from AH?

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 169
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/22/2012 4:15:21 PM   
gw15

adj9562 - VG version. I think AH distributed it though.

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 170
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/24/2012 9:19:10 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: abj9562

quote:

ORIGINAL: bommerrang

Do you mean The Civil War from VG or Civil War from AH?

The good news is that Avalon Hill DID produce a computerised version of the VG Civil War game - you can still find it on Abandonware sites ... google "Home of the Underdogs".
The bad news was that it was in 640 by 480 EGA and was absolutely unplayable. I love Civil War and still have my copy of the game but even I drew the line at the AH computer version

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 171
RE: It's a disgrace - 10/24/2012 5:32:48 PM   
Anendrue

I still have mine too. I also have the several leader variants. This is the 2nd wargame I would love to see converted. But that won't happen in my lifetime.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 172
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Marinacci's code Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI