Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I get a CD from someone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Can I get a CD from someone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I get a CD from someone? - 2/1/2001 6:02:00 AM   
waynef

I recently got a Laptop at an auction. I have SPW@W on my home system, but, I have no way of getting SPW@W to my laptop. I do not have a CD burner. I would like to have SPW@W v4.5 if possible to take on the road. I would gladly repay someone for the expenses they incur. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ------------------ "At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne
Post #: 1
- 2/1/2001 6:18:00 AM   
kao16

Alternatively you could use a lap-link cable to connect your two computers and copy files over. I did this with desktops. I tried to use the microsoft software tool in windows but had too much trouble. Ended up getting a DOS programme. (NB: Laplink cable from University $5, from shop $25. DOS programme Free - from University) If you are interested in copying over the zipped/ download or even the install I can send you a copy of the software and some instructions.

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 2
- 2/1/2001 8:45:00 AM   
waynef

Thanks for the offer of the lap link, but Im the most un-PC literate guy I know. Doesnt sound good when you mention DOS programs. [This message has been edited by waynef (edited January 31, 2001).]

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 3
- 2/1/2001 11:00:00 AM   
jorlando

Waynef, you don't need to use a DOS based program to use laplink. In Win98 you have in START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES the item DIRECT CONNECT TROUGH CABLE (or something like this, my W98 is in portuguese). You can folllow the instructions in the help to do the transfer. They are clear (clear in the Microsoft way :-) ) Since you didn't mentionated, I think that you don't have network cards in your machines, so a laplink cable will be VERY useful to you.

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 4
- 2/1/2001 3:37:00 PM   
kao16

jorlando, I tried the microsoft way... that's why I ended up using a Dos based programme. To use a lap-link with LLPRO (the dos programme). 1) obtain a lap-link cable - best one is printer port to printer port. 2) load the LLPRO onto both machines 3) on machine 1 (say the laptop) use notepad to open the LLPRO configure file. Replace the first line with a name for the computer , say "laptop" and SAVE 4) on the other machine open the same configure file and replace first line with say, "desktop" and SAVE 5) plug in the lap-link 6) get LLPRO running at the same time on both machines - conection should be via ltp1 (rather than comms ports) 7) pick a machine to work from 8) a machine will be either "Host" or "guest", this title will be followed by the computer name ("laptop" or "desktop"). file trees for each machine will be displayed on a split screan. Go down the file tree of your desktop till you find the directory or file you want to move - highlight it. Go to the other side, go down the file tree until you find where you want the file to be put. 9) Check that the arrow (around the F2) is pointing from the machine you want the file to come from. Then press F2 and wait for the file to transfer. It will take a while (20+minutes???) NB: Because it is a DOS programme, any file it transfers will have its file name truncated to 8 characters. What you can do is put all files to be transfered into a zip file and transfer the zip file - all file names other than teh zip file's will be untouched. as you can see from the description, its not that diffircult Another option is of course: Zip the files to your A: drive. This will create an archive over a number of floppy's that can easily be installed on the other machine Much easier if using LS-120s or the like

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 5
- 2/2/2001 3:20:00 AM   
waynef

Still need Help guys... I cant get the files to my sons PC or my neighbors. I really would love a single clean v4.5 of SPW@W. Makes it alot easier to play "hotseat" at the gaming club from my laptop at my sons home. Can anyone burn me a v4.5. I will gladly pay for any expenses incurred. Its only for my families use. Thanks a million to anyone who could help. ------------------ "At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 6
- 2/2/2001 3:26:00 AM   
Don Doom

I can burn you a copy at work, but will not be able to mail it till monday? If thats ok. If it is send me a address by e-mail. dondoom@msn.com Doom

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to waynef)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Can I get a CD from someone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI