Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: just waiting on the monthly report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: just waiting on the monthly report Page: <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: just waiting on the monthly report - 10/12/2012 2:37:51 AM   
brian brian

I think there is an upside to a slow-down in the release of patches and all the bug-hunting. Hopefully this has allowed the beta-testers to test the _Play_ of the game. After all, MWiF is a just slightly different game than WiF. Things like how the new scale in the Pacific is working out, the increased flexibility with divisions, and a few other small tweaks are part of the play-testing I hope.

I can't recall how far along NetPlay has made it, but I hope at least the beta-testers are testing the game as actual opponents against each other by emailing or dropboxing the game file back and forth.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 2881
RE: just waiting on the monthly report - 11/3/2012 1:15:08 AM   
marklv

No posts from Shannon for some weeks - is everything OK? Are we going to get an update?

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 2882
RE: just waiting on the monthly report - 11/3/2012 1:24:59 AM   
Anendrue

Steve is around we hear from him in the beta forums. His report is usually sent out around the 1st week of each month.

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to marklv)
Post #: 2883
RE: just waiting on the monthly report - 11/3/2012 4:48:10 AM   
tigercub

but its getting close...i hope this year now! fingers crossed!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2884
RE: just waiting on the monthly report - 11/5/2012 3:12:43 AM   
jeffk3510

We usually get an update around the first few days on each month.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2885
RE: When? - 11/5/2012 5:22:04 AM   
abuspud

Perspective Department: My son was about a year, a year and a half, when Harry announced CWIF, IIRC. He's a senior in high school now.

(in reply to abuspud)
Post #: 2886
RE: When? - 11/5/2012 5:37:56 AM   
Anendrue

quote:

ORIGINAL: abuspud

Perspective Department: My son was about a year, a year and a half, when Harry announced CWIF, IIRC. He's a senior in high school now.

Yes and CWiF was released a long time ago. Maybe not the greatest software but it did come out. If you want it ADG sells it at their website for 20$.
http://www.a-d-g.com.au//cgi/product_details?pr_id=110

We distinguish CWiF from MWiF as they are 2 different computer games although MWiF is based on the original code.

(in reply to abuspud)
Post #: 2887
RE: When? - 11/5/2012 7:44:25 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Back in the hospital!

More marvels of modern medicine!

Endoscopic-retrograde-coangio-pancreoscopy.

That is what they say today, that Dr. Lim will do to me.

If everything goes alright, my bile duct will again flow free.

On October 31, I had the cataract removed in my left eye. That all went well according to the surgeon in my follow up visit the nex day. But 2 days later I had stomach pains (unrelated) and made a visit to the Emergency Room. After alot of tests the doctors concluded my gall bladder is kaput.

The little ditty above is the procedure they will use to go through my mouth down the throat into my small intestine and back up into the bile duct where they expect to find a gall stone that they will remove. If that goes well then a second surgical procedure will happen later this afternoon to remove the gall bladder and I should, theoretically be discharged tomorrow and able to work a couple days after that.

This makes 5 surgeries in 15 months after 60 years of none. I blame my parents for not getting the extended warranty.

I'll give a full monthly report when I'm able to type myself rather than dictate to my loving wife.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2888
RE: When? - 11/5/2012 7:49:38 PM   
Froonp

Glad to read these news . I wish you the best :-)
quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Back in the hospital!

On October 31, I had the cataract removed in my left eye. That all went well according to the surgeon in my follow up visit the nex day. But 2 days later I had stomach pains (unrelated) and made a visit to the Emergency Room. After alot of tests the doctors concluded my gall bladder is kaput.

The little ditty above is the procedure they will use to go through my mouth down the throat into my small intestine and back up into the bile duct where they expect to find a gall stone that they will remove. If that goes well then a second surgical procedure will happen later this afternoon to remove the gall bladder and I should, theoretically be discharged tomorrow and able to work a couple days after that.

This makes 5 surgeries in 15 months after 60 years of none. I blame my parents for not getting the extended warranty.

I'll give a full monthly report when I'm able to type myself rather than dictate to my loving wife.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 2889
RE: When? - 11/5/2012 8:56:06 PM   
Extraneous

quote:

Back in the hospital!

Looked it up on Wikipedia

Get well soon!

No surgeries not even to get your tonsils removed

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

Post #: 2890
RE: When? - 11/5/2012 11:01:25 PM   
Empire101

Get well soon Steve, everyone wishes you all the best...

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 2891
RE: When? - 11/6/2012 12:06:37 AM   
Klydon

Hope all goes well for you Steve. Hang in there.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 2892
RE: When? - 11/6/2012 12:14:26 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

I blame my parents for not getting the extended warranty.

Now that's funny.

quote:

I hope the last part are your words. I can see my wife adding the 'loving wife' as she typed.

Anyways, best of luck for a speedy recovery. You'll be ready for limbo and Hackey Sack in no time. Or whatever it is that Islanders do.

Nice maracas Steve.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Post #: 2893
RE: When? - 11/6/2012 12:26:50 AM   
Anendrue

Steve our prayers are with you.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 2894
RE: When? - 11/6/2012 4:01:22 AM   
Baelfiin

Hang in there dude 8)

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2895
RE: When? - 11/6/2012 7:55:54 AM   
Joseignacio

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 2896
RE: When? - 11/6/2012 12:06:40 PM   
Caquineur

quote:

Of course, they couldn't just say ERCP : you would have thought "embedded Rich Client Platform" (which "basically enables the same application model used on desktop machines to be used on devices") and start designing a new version of MWiF to use on smartphones...

That is why they simply said Endoscopic-retrograde-coangio-pancreoscopy.

We wish you a speedy and complete recovery. And thanks to your wife !

(edit : typo)

< Message edited by Caquineur -- 11/6/2012 12:12:15 PM >

Post #: 2897
RE: When? - 11/6/2012 3:06:33 PM   
yvesp

quote:

I blame my parents for not getting the extended warranty.

I guess you're actually getting the warranty working.
Hopefully, after some repairs, you'll get back for another 60 years.

Cheers!
Yves

Post #: 2898
RE: When? - 11/6/2012 6:31:17 PM   
Centuur

Another small set back. You aren't lucky at all with your health Steve...

Get well soon.

Peter

(in reply to yvesp)
Post #: 2899
RE: When? - 11/7/2012 7:54:38 AM   
CrusssDaddy

Steve, get well. Nothing sucks more than being sick, especially when one ailment is conquered only to have another impose itself from out of the blue. Hawaiian beaches are restorative, spend more time on one with a good book.

Re: MWiF... I don't suppose there's a Plan B?

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 2900
RE: When? - 11/7/2012 5:55:02 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

Steve, get well. Nothing sucks more than being sick, especially when one ailment is conquered only to have another impose itself from out of the blue. Hawaiian beaches are restorative, spend more time on one with a good book.

Hi Crussdaddy

Still lurking huh! There is no place to sit on the beach too many tourists and military people on the beaches. I know I was stationed there for a year.

There will always be plan "A" as long as Steve is able to get past his health problems.

Good to see you Crussdaddy and glad to see you are on calming medication now, please stay on it

Bo

(in reply to CrusssDaddy)
Post #: 2901
RE: When? - 11/7/2012 6:19:37 PM   
Anendrue

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

Hi Crussdaddy

Still lurking huh! There is no place to sit on the beach too many tourists and military people on the beaches. I know I was stationed there for a year.

There will always be plan "A" as long as Steve is able to get past his health problems.

Good to see you Crussdaddy and glad to see you are on calming medication now, please stay on it

Bo

Gotta ask.... Do you both use the same meds?

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 2902
RE: When? - 11/7/2012 9:30:18 PM   
Patton_71

At the risk of being pilloried by other members of this forum, I am actually going to support something Crussdaddy posted.

Crussdaddy asked about a plan B. Steve has given a heroic effort in getting this project this far, regardless of health issues. When adding these issues to the mix, this may be too much for any one man.

And this is to my point. From my persective, I see little to no support from Matrix staff towards Steve. It looks like this is a solo project, and Matrix could not give a *bleep* about when it is done. This is more than one person should be asked to endure. I think Matrix needs to step up, regardless of Steve's contract details, and do the right thing and get someone to help Steve finish what we all want to see finished. I have not, nor will I purchase ANY Matrix product until I see some real tangible assistance rendered to Steve.

I so hope I am wrong, but it seems like Matrix is hanging Steve out to dry with no kind support. But when you see no other members of the Matrix staff posting updates, or keeping the community in the loop, this conclusion is easy to come by.

Plan 'B' should now be plan 'A'...get Steve the help he needs to finish this and have him focus 100% on his health.

Best wishes Steve, and speedy recovery.

Patton_71

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 2903
RE: When? - 11/7/2012 10:31:58 PM   
michaelbaldur

you are not alone.. I think many have though about plan B ...

but from Steve point of view, I know that he always hope that, this is the last health issue and he will back to work full time soon ..

but it have really been a unlucky year.

but I see this game finished in 6 month. (with Steve at full speed). so just let us hope this is the last health issue.

I can more or less guaranty that the game would have been released by now. if we have had a better year

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to Patton_71)
Post #: 2904
RE: When? - 11/8/2012 4:06:05 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Patton_71

At the risk of being pilloried by other members of this forum, I am actually going to support something Crussdaddy posted.

Crussdaddy asked about a plan B. Steve has given a heroic effort in getting this project this far, regardless of health issues. When adding these issues to the mix, this may be too much for any one man.

And this is to my point. From my persective, I see little to no support from Matrix staff towards Steve. It looks like this is a solo project, and Matrix could not give a *bleep* about when it is done. This is more than one person should be asked to endure. I think Matrix needs to step up, regardless of Steve's contract details, and do the right thing and get someone to help Steve finish what we all want to see finished. I have not, nor will I purchase ANY Matrix product until I see some real tangible assistance rendered to Steve.

I so hope I am wrong, but it seems like Matrix is hanging Steve out to dry with no kind support. But when you see no other members of the Matrix staff posting updates, or keeping the community in the loop, this conclusion is easy to come by.

Plan 'B' should now be plan 'A'...get Steve the help he needs to finish this and have him focus 100% on his health.

Best wishes Steve, and speedy recovery.

Patton_71

There's no risk of being pilloried by me Patton_71. I respect every ones opinion I would like to think that after six years we have to learn to respect each others opinion. With that said what are you nuts bringing up no help from Matrix I am shocked just shocked that anyone here would think that, shocked, horrified, in fact I will bet that in the next couple of days someone from high up in the Matrix chain of command will refute that comment by you.

Bo

(in reply to Patton_71)
Post #: 2905
RE: When? - 11/8/2012 4:12:54 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: abj9562

quote:

quote:

Hi Crussdaddy

Bo

Not nice abj not nice Some posters here think that I have turned over a new leaf 2 years ago but the truth of the matter is abj that my wife substituted my 81% aspirins with a new aspirin called Lorazepam I think its aspirin oh well!

Bo

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2906
RE: When? - 11/8/2012 4:16:09 AM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

you are not alone.. I think many have though about plan B ...

but from Steve point of view, I know that he always hope that, this is the last health issue and he will back to work full time soon ..

but it have really been a unlucky year.

but I see this game finished in 6 month. (with Steve at full speed). so just let us hope this is the last health issue.

I can more or less guaranty that the game would have been released by now. if we have had a better year

Amen michael

Bo

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 2907
RE: When? - 11/8/2012 4:18:28 AM   
Anendrue

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Crussdaddy

Bo

Not nice abj not nice Some posters here think that I have turned over a new leaf 2 years ago but the truth of the matter is abj that my wife substituted my 81% aspirins with a new aspirin called Lorazepam I think its aspirin oh well!

Bo

Hey Bo, I am glad you have developed a pretty good sense of humor and understood the joke. I remember a time when it would have been different. My congrats on a new leaf.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 2908
RE: When? - 11/8/2012 4:25:49 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Crussdaddy

Bo

Bo

Hey Bo, I am glad you have developed a pretty good sense of humor and understood the joke. I remember a time when it would have been different. My congrats on a new leaf.

A new leaf or Lorazepam?

Bo

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2909
RE: When? - 11/8/2012 10:28:22 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Any word how things went for Steve? That's whats important here.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 2910
Page:   <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: just waiting on the monthly report Page: <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI