Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems - 12/16/2002 11:54:52 PM   
SViking

This is a possible bug. The manual states that a TF set to patrol will perform its mission until low on endurance or seriously damaged. However, my bombardment missions *always* revert to surface combat and return home even after only one round of bombardment.

Has anyone been able to successfully keep a bombardment mission on station for even two turns?
Post #: 1
- 12/17/2002 5:08:47 AM   
Toro

I've noticed that Bombardments always revert to Surface after one mission, but they don't always head to home port. Depends on fuel/ammo usage, I think. ???

(in reply to SViking)
Post #: 2
Re: Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems - 12/17/2002 5:24:35 AM   
dpstafford

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SViking
[B]This is a possible bug. The manual states that a TF set to patrol will perform its mission until low on endurance or seriously damaged. However, my bombardment missions *always* revert to surface combat and return home even after only one round of bombardment. [/B][/QUOTE]
Ships on a bombardment mission expend about half their heavy ammo on the target in one fire round, which almost by definition makes them low on ordinance. And puts them on a course for home.

(in reply to SViking)
Post #: 3
- 12/17/2002 6:19:07 AM   
SViking

Ah - I guess that may explain it. However, I have been able to force a TF back several (3-4) times manually, though I didn't pay attention to whether subsequent results we diminished. (I.e., a fleet couldn't using 50% of its current ammo each time should experience diminishing returns on the bombardment...or be out of ammo after the second bombardment if using 50% of its original ammo each time.)

(in reply to SViking)
Post #: 4
- 12/17/2002 6:23:23 AM   
dpstafford

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SViking
[B]I have been able to force a TF back several (3-4) times manually, though I didn't pay attention to whether subsequent results we diminished. [/B][/QUOTE]
I believe that you would (or should) experience diminishing returns. To say nothing of what might happen to that TF if caught in surface combat with little or no ammo.

(in reply to SViking)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI