Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian Rambo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Italian Rambo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian Rambo - 12/17/2002 4:52:45 AM   
BARKHORN

I had this happen the other night.I was playing Clearing the Way on H2H I had sent half my force on a flanking attack and pushed the rest up the middle I had taken the first objective and my fl.ayttack was entering the village when suddenly this FO unit come charging out of the village toward's the obj.on the stream [I guess all his arty ammo was out]I thought it was hilarious, here he was pistol's blazing my op fire caused one casualty but this one man army proceeded to shoot at one of my infantry squad's with his beretta causing two cas.and making the unit retreat! Oh if I could have 10.000 like him I would be invincible!
Anyone else notice a similar berzerker mode?
Post #: 1
- 12/17/2002 6:20:38 AM   
Svennemir

Well, I had a really good sniper once.

American engineers were advancing some 3-400 metres away. He carefully aimed, slowly pulled the trigger, and BLAM! :mad: Eight casualties. :eek: Survivors disperse (understandably - I would do my best to disperse if someone sniped my whole squad in one shot)

Of course there are always the "casualties aren't necessarily wounded" and the "one shot in the game doesn't always equal one shot in reality", "he hit the flamer and he exploded blahblah" excuses to explain stuff like that. Well, don't listen to them.

I want to believe.

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 2
- 12/17/2002 6:32:22 AM   
Bing

My best was a displaced German tank crew, with their "Misc" weapons. Not at all suppressed. They moved next to a Soviet engineer squad and wiped them out, like whoosh, the Ruskies were toast instead of the other way around. The Russians had not been fired upon and were in perfect working order - or so I thought. After that, I machinegunned every stinking crew I saw.

My idea of fun is to have my crews fighting the other guy's crws - they ping away at each other, sort of a "Gunfight at the Sehr Gut Corral". I mean, in MY battles nobody gets to just sit down.

BTW, somthing we've never done in WAW - I've never seen it - is have the tank crew take the MG with them. No question this was done, over on the Russian Battlefield site thiere is a memoir of a T-34 crewman who talks about that being his job - if they baled, he was supposed to bring the MG with him. He didn't say about ammo, but this may have been a "salvage what you can" proposition for the Russians.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 3
- 12/17/2002 9:05:26 AM   
Irinami

As you've probably realized, the 'Misc Small Arms' covers everything from E-tools and .45's to a brace of AAMG's. A limitation of the engine and the database is that you can only really have one type of crew for each nation. You simply can't have a Crew for the .30 cal Jeep that packs a .30 Browning, a crew for the PzIIIJ that packs an MG34, a crew for the deuce-and-a-half truck that just packs a .45, etc.

It would be cool, and it's something I'd love to fix in a few years (when I'm good enough), but for now, no.

And yes, I've seen derUbermensch. I had a crew in a halftrack that got stuck. It was also taking arty fire, and the battle I knew was short. I loaded them up on a Panzer, thinking they'd soften a shot or two and then I'd get them the frick out of dodge.

Nosireebob, they weren't having any of that. I saw some Brits ahead. Cool, I thought--and fired the tank gun at them. Bam! Buddabudda bam bam! The tank was out of rounds, and the Brits had begun running across the panzer's front. So, I dismounted the crew. They had 2 shots left.

There go the Misc Small Arms, wakkawakkawakka! ...

When the battle was over, that crew had gotten 3 kills and an XP bonus since I'd learned to dismount them (and save all their shots), then move the tank 1 hex away and blow the crap out of people. I immediately upgraded them to an AT halftrack to serve as their unit's backbone. Very, very nice.

The lesson?

Sometimes you get a guy in an REMF position who's only there because of an injury he got when he was still a combat Ranger. ;)

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 4
- 12/17/2002 10:23:47 AM   
troopie

You've brought to mind Sgt. Hacker in SPWAW 4.5 IIRC. His Staghound AC was knocked out. Sgt. Hacker leapt out, rallied himself. and shot down the Pzschreck team that had knocked out his AC. Next term he so mauled a rifle section that it gapped it, leaving behind five casualties.

This was NOT the version with the supermen in small units. That was an anomaly.

troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 5
I had a Super Sniper Too! - 12/17/2002 10:34:50 AM   
Orzel Bialy

I was the US advancing on Germany....this sniper fires and takes out four men of an engineering unit clearing an anti-tank obstacle. They pop smoke and proceed with their work after being rallied.
After they remove the obstacle the tanks roll through...and this maniac fires at a Sherman!!! What's more the infantry riders are forced to dismount by the fire...so I fire back into the hex where I think I saw the rifle fire come from...about three hexes away at this time.
The Sherman rolls up after firing twice into the hex...and KABOOM!!! The sniper takes out my Sherman with a grenade! :eek: I nearly sh*t myself in disbelief! LOL :D
Now that was some d@mned super sniper!

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 6
I was playing Stalingrad the other night.. - 12/18/2002 2:10:54 AM   
wulfir

...and I had one Aux PzIII stumble right on top of an ATG.

BLAM! The Panzer goes up and the crew bails...

I rally the crew in order to get them the hell out of there and wow supression goes down to nothing... it seems these guys are elite...

I had them fire on the ATG, once, twice... a third time. ATG destroyed... sort of a poetic justice about that kill.

BUT,

the true Hero of Heroes was a Willhelm Tell French 47mm anti-Tank gunner in a PBEM game. In one turn he nailed four tanks with hits in their frontal armour, PzIIs even PzIVs...KABOOM...

Only problem was, the German tanks were mine! :mad:

Semper in Primis

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Italian Rambo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI