Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 10/13/2012 10:08:43 PM   
Kalthaniell

I'm very glad you got the mod to work. Now you can fight off the reapers too ^^ what's your favourite race?

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 121
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 10/13/2012 10:15:44 PM   
Shuul

Turians, because of ship design))
But i like to play as Geth, as all other races seem to be quite friendly one to another, even on Unstable settings. For me its a game killer, i like wars))

(in reply to Kalthaniell)
Post #: 122
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 10/14/2012 5:22:30 AM   
AminMaalouf

I haven't known the windows feature before (".", ",").

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 123
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 10/21/2012 6:20:00 PM   
Grisha

Been away from this game, but have the game updated now and seeing that Kalthaniell has put together an ME mod is fantastic. Loved this series of games--though the ending to it all was not a smooth one. Can't wait to see what the Krogan look like.

Best regards,
Greg Guerrero

(in reply to AminMaalouf)
Post #: 124
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [Released 1.00] - 11/6/2012 5:52:15 PM   
Massado

Hello to the comunity I'm new in the forum

I've been looking and looking mods for this incredible game

but as a fan of ME this really looks like fantastic

the problem is that something happends in gamefront and the download links does not work

someone could upload the mod and the 'graffics addon' to other site

thanks all very much

Regards from a new user

< Message edited by Massado -- 11/6/2012 5:53:07 PM >

Post #: 125
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [Released 1.00] - 11/7/2012 2:22:40 AM   
tjhkkr

Welcome Massado! we have a good community here; you will enjoy it...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Massado)
Post #: 126
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [Released 1.00] - 11/7/2012 12:41:29 PM   
ehsumrell1

Welcome Massado, and enjoy the community here!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Massado)
Post #: 127
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/7/2012 3:42:09 PM   
Kalthaniell

I've reuploaded the mod file. It's on mediafire now, so it's going to stay up for eternity ^^

Post #: 128
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/8/2012 5:23:50 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kalthaniell

I've reuploaded the mod file. It's on mediafire now, so it's going to stay up for eternity ^^

hehe, stuff on the internet never goes away, it just get archived.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Post #: 129
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/9/2012 4:16:55 AM   
Massado

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kalthaniell

hehe, stuff on the internet never goes away, it just get archived.

to much thanks to you

But remenbering Asimov 'The End of Eternity' comes

< Message edited by Massado -- 11/9/2012 4:19:26 AM >

Post #: 130
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/9/2012 5:29:25 PM   
unidterror

This is a stupendus job. another exceptional mod and the shipsets are pretty insane. weapons sprites are HUGE(kb)size wise but they look very crazy.
10/10 excellent work keep it up!

(in reply to Massado)
Post #: 131
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/13/2012 3:18:16 AM   
evillego6

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to trying to use mods with this game, but I had to do it for the Mass Effect mod. Is there a way to turn off the races that are part of the standard game when I use this mod? I noticed when selecting my race that all of the original races were in the dropdown menu. I like to set the other starting empires to random, and would prefer if only Mass Effect races made it into the game. Thanks, and this mod is awesome!

(in reply to unidterror)
Post #: 132
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/15/2012 8:02:45 AM   
Mmatt

Hey Everyone, just wanted to say that this is a really good Mod! I was browsing the forums a few days ago and came across this. Just reinstalled Distant Worlds last night so I can play it. So far, everything has been fantastic. Just a quick question though, will there be any additions to the race descriptions in the game? Example: When you are picking the race you will be using for the game. I know I can just quickly Alt+tab and then check the Mass Effect Wiki online, but it just makes it feel better that there is a lore in the game. Anyway, Keep up the good work!

(in reply to evillego6)
Post #: 133
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/15/2012 10:10:19 AM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

ORIGINAL: evillego6

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to trying to use mods with this game, but I had to do it for the Mass Effect mod. Is there a way to turn off the races that are part of the standard game when I use this mod? I noticed when selecting my race that all of the original races were in the dropdown menu. I like to set the other starting empires to random, and would prefer if only Mass Effect races made it into the game. Thanks, and this mod is awesome!

At the moment there isn't. If you want to play with only ME races you can set any number of random ai empires when setting up the game and leave all fields as random except for the race (which you set to any ME race). There isn't enough races in Me for total conversion so this was the best alternative.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mmatt

Hey Everyone, just wanted to say that this is a really good Mod! I was browsing the forums a few days ago and came across this. Just reinstalled Distant Worlds last night so I can play it. So far, everything has been fantastic. Just a quick question though, will there be any additions to the race descriptions in the game? Example: When you are picking the race you will be using for the game. I know I can just quickly Alt+tab and then check the Mass Effect Wiki online, but it just makes it feel better that there is a lore in the game. Anyway, Keep up the good work!

Thx. I agree - more lore in game would be great but we didn't manage to include that in the first release. We will be adding it with time.

(in reply to evillego6)
Post #: 134
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/16/2012 10:44:25 AM   
Mmatt

Hi! Thanks for the quick response. Can't wait for that new update.

As a side note, I downloaded the Graphics Addon file, but it says "File Not Found" at the download site.

Post #: 135
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 11/19/2012 11:04:47 AM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mmatt

Hi! Thanks for the quick response. Can't wait for that new update.

As a side note, I downloaded the Graphics Addon file, but it says "File Not Found" at the download site.

It's taken care of. I've moved all download files to Moddb :) I'll update the main thread momentarily. Thx for letting me know :)

(in reply to Mmatt)
Post #: 136
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/15/2013 10:13:30 PM   
Mansen

\o/

Post #: 137
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/16/2013 10:37:03 AM   
TanC

Wow. Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't know there's a ME mod out there. The Mod compilation list isn't too trustworthy at the moment...

(in reply to Mansen)
Post #: 138
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/16/2013 1:33:54 PM   
Tyrador

Mod compilation wasn't updated for more than a year

(in reply to TanC)
Post #: 139
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/18/2013 2:59:26 PM   
Shuul

Hello, will this mod be updated for Shadows? i hope so :)

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 140
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/20/2013 5:06:23 PM   
Tyrador

Kalthaniell, are you still active? I have a few nice ideas regarding Mass Effect mod in Shadows expansion!

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 141
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/22/2013 6:04:42 PM   
Cruis.In

havent heard from him in a bit, I hope he's ok....

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 142
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/24/2013 4:36:33 AM   
Erik Rutins

As far as I know he is ok, just very busy.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 143
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/26/2013 6:43:52 AM   
Kalthaniell

Indeed, I am. I had to put my modding aside for now, but I fully intend to get back on it in the future. Sorry guys for letting my mods slow down a bit but I haven't had a chance to do any maintenance on them. This should change in coming months.

Cheers :)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 144
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/26/2013 11:53:46 AM   
Solarius Scorch

Kalthaniell,
In case you get back to modding, would you be interested in some character portraits for ME races? I've been playing around with them a little to add some variability.

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

Post #: 145
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/27/2013 5:07:51 PM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Solarius Scorch

Kalthaniell,
In case you get back to modding, would you be interested in some character portraits for ME races? I've been playing around with them a little to add some variability.

Sure, send them in. I guess I can upload them the next time I'll work on the ME mod. Not sure when this might be, though.

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 146
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/28/2013 3:58:58 PM   
Solarius Scorch

All right. I'll send them over when I have a bigger batch.

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

Post #: 147
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/30/2013 6:02:41 AM   
dostillevi

Kalthaniell, sent you a pm.

Post #: 148
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 5/30/2013 9:53:10 PM   
Solarius Scorch

Hello Kalthaniell, and everyone else,

Since you expressed interest in updating your mod to the Shadows level, I decided to lend you a hand and come up with names for the Mass Effect species. I don't doubt that you could do this yourself, but since I did it already (to enhance my gaming experience), I decided to share my results. Maybe it'll make your life easier, or perhaps at least someone else could use it? (That's why I'm putting it here instead of a PM.)
Please note that I'm not a huge expert on Mass Effect, but I did some research.

TURIAN
TroopName: Execution Squad. Basic name, unchanged.
TroopNameArmored: Armor Squad. Not very imaginative, but turians seem rather formal when it comes to military matters.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Reserve Squad. I imagine their militia is mostly composed of inactive, but still able soldiers.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Cabal Squad. They're (in)famous for their covert operations and shouldn't be left out, so where else to put them?

ASARI
TroopName: Huntress Unit. This is the basic, if not only, official asari formation, so it stays as the default troop choice, even though it's not much of a regular force.
TroopNameArmored: Mechanized Huntress Unit. While the original asari do not have armor forces, we can stretch it a little and imagine modified Huntress squads that use heavy vehicles for specialized tasks. After all, in Distant Worlds they do not have turians to protect their blue skins.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Militia. Even more militia-like than the huntress units.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Commando. I believe this is sort of canon.

GETH
TroopName: Trooper Unit. Basically the standard force Shepard fights at most occasions.
TroopNameArmored: Walker Unit. Named after the several four-legged designs of which some require a MAKO to take down. Anyway, they are as close to geth tanks as it gets.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Defender Unit. Very similar to the Trooper Unit, but possibly with a different tactical composition.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Hunter Unit. Named after one geth type which seemed the most appropriate.

QUARIAN
TroopName: Strike Group. It's not like the canon quarians have much in the way of land troops, so this original name seem as good as any other.
TroopNameArmored: Heavy Support Group. As above really. Yay, quarians on antigrav platforms.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Protection Group. Pretty standard name, maybe a tiny bit naive but the quarians seem so to me; I'm not sure why.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Marine Group. The only really canon name.

KROGAN
TroopName: Troop Formation. Because being cool about killing is considered good manners among krogans, regardless how much they like to fight.
TroopNameArmored: Heavy Troop Formation. Krogan tanks must be awesome.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Militia Formation. Otherwise known as The Unstoppable Charging Horde.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Commando Formation. It's far more killy than the name suggests.

VOLUS
TroopName: Droid Division. Consistent with your original name, and anyway actual volus soldiers would be rather pathetic.
TroopNameArmored: Heavy Weapon Platform Division. Expanding on the robotic troops idea.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Protector Division. Probably some badass, bulky droids.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Shadow Division. Mostly inspired by volusian spying networks and the Shadow Broker himself.

BATARIAN
TroopName: State Army. No name change. Fascist aliens are always fun!
TroopNameArmored: Artillery Detachment. Not a fancy name, but II WW enough. Also, Warhammer 40.000's Imperial Guard.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Homefront Unit. Properly patriotic.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Special Intervention Unit. A canon name.

SALARIAN
TroopName: Operation Group. If salarians had large, regular armed forces, this name would fit I think. After all, they're all about "peacekeeping operations" rather than "wars", like some countries here on Earth.
TroopNameArmored: Support Group. It supports Operation Groups, duh.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Emergency Group. I think it sounds cute.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Special Tasks Group. A canon name this time.

ELCORIAN
TroopName: Heavy Infantry Division. Used to be Tank Division, but it'd look weird. Still, it's pretty heavy infantry.
TroopNameArmored: Tanks Division. It was the original name before, but I had to move it here for consistency.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Heavy Militia. Because regular militia wouldn't be heavy enough.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Special Division. Don't ask how they perform special operations, just use your imagination!

HANAR
TroopName: Drell Strike Unit. It's not like the hanar would dirty their own tentacles, right?
TroopNameArmored: Automated Heavy Unit. I couldn't accept neither drells nor hanars as standard tank crews, so I went with "automated" units - whether they're actually unmanned or not is left up to you.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Drell Defenders. Of course.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Drell Assassins. Originally the default troop name, I moved it here for obvious reasons.

VORCHA
TroopName: Clan. Just like before.
TroopNameArmored: Riders Horde. This is the only concept I came up with when it comes to the vorcha, as they are hardly technologically inclined and they probably wouldn't like static warfare either. What exactly they are riding - motorbikes, hovertanks, dragons - is left up to the player's imagination.
TroopNamePlanetaryDefense: Clan Youngsters. Yeah, the ones spending time throwing rocks at each other before they become strong enough to be real clan warriors.
TroopNameSpecialForces: Elite Horde. Some sort of formation composed of veterans who are smarter and more experienced than your average vorcha and use some elaborate guerilla tactics, which the vorcha can be very good at.

That's basically it. I can't say how valuable (if at all) these suggestions are, but it's up to you if you want to use them.

(in reply to dostillevi)
Post #: 149
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 6/1/2013 6:24:46 PM   
dostillevi

A quick taste of some custom artwork I'm doing for my own personal shadows upgrade..

Attachment (1)

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI