Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Question about supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about supply - 11/14/2012 10:46:21 AM   
Kensai

Hi,

just started a game this WE as Germany and after the 2nd turn I've run already into supply problems.

I've taken Riga in turn 1 and Minsk in turn 2 and after that my Panzergroups have about 18 MP when turn 3 starts.

I've moved the Corps HQs so all their units are within ranges. I've converted as much rail as I could and the flew mostly supply missions (I think even those divisions with about 75% fuel are low on MP).

Is there anything I'm missing?
Post #: 1
RE: Question about supply - 11/14/2012 11:03:12 AM   
carlkay58

Not really - turn 3 is a supply stretch for the Germans, particularly for the panzers.

(in reply to Kensai)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about supply - 11/14/2012 5:08:41 PM   
Joel Billings

I assume you meant you flew lots of air transport missions delivering Fuel. Unless I"m forgetting something, for a unit with 75% fuel, I'd expect that you'd have a lot more than 18 MPs. The divisions have a lot of excess fuel on turn 1, so they generally can roll for 2 turns and then assuming they are far into the Soviet Union, fuel will become a problem.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Kensai)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about supply - 11/15/2012 7:18:27 AM   
Kensai

quote:

I assume you meant you flew lots of air transport missions delivering Fuel. Unless I"m forgetting something, for a unit with 75% fuel, I'd expect that you'd have a lot more than 18 MPs. The divisions have a lot of excess fuel on turn 1, so they generally can roll for 2 turns and then assuming they are far into the Soviet Union, fuel will become a problem.

Well, as it turned out, I was just very stupid. The HQ of those units was out of command range, so they had only ~18MP left.

Seems like I had it to learn the hard way.

Thanks for the answers :)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about supply - 11/15/2012 2:26:18 PM   
pauk

Hey guys,

may i jump with another question regarding supply/fuel?

What happens with supply/fuel captured from the enemy. When i move my units next to soviet non-combat units such as HQ's and air bases, my units capture xy tones of supply or fuel. Everything is clear until now.

Where this supply gone? I check at the units, but those captured supply/fuel arent added to unit supply/fuel. Same goes for units HQ. No change of supply/fuel level :(

(in reply to Kensai)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about supply - 11/15/2012 3:06:47 PM   
elmo3

Your answer is in section 15.14 of the manual:

quote:

15.14. Captured Supplies and Fuel

The retreat or displacement move of any unit may result in the capture of supplies and/or fuel. The captured material will be added as damaged supply or fuel depots to the HQ unit to which the combat unit that caused the retreat or displacement move is attached. A text message will display in the map area whenever enemy material is captured.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Question about supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI