Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI paratrooper bug!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> AI paratrooper bug! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI paratrooper bug! - 11/20/2012 4:43:12 PM   
NativeTexan

I reported this issue in the main forum but am also reporting in Tech support in the hopes of getting a response!

Razz indicates in the original thread that this is a known issue from early release.
Original thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3197419

------

I am observing some very gamey behavior from the AI in the use of Paratroopers. It is a bug since no unit is present once troops arrive at the location.

The British AI is performing suicide paradrops to capture lone cities deep in enemy territory. For example British paratroops being dropped onto Budapest (Hungry) also Rome and Berlin and other German cities for no real purpose. No friendly units (British) are even on the continent. This is not Partisans!
Is this somehow partisans, but why in hungry or Germany would this occur? When my units arrive to recapture the hex, no units are present. Unfortunately my AI allies are leaving their cities undefended (who would have thunk it that British paratroopers? would drop onto Budapest with no other British soldiers on the continent. One way mission
I observed this occur several times. Once on Rome, Berlin, and Budapest. The interesting part is that the AI knocked Hungry out of the war when it dropped onto Budapest and Kosice simultaneously. My ally Hungry was not garrisoning it's capital. Neither is Italy (Rome).

I feel this is very ahistorical and gamey. At least have the AI garrison it's capital! I shouldn't have to send a division to Budapest when it's AI controlled and there is not an enemy soldier for at least 750km.

Setup:
Grand Campaign v1.03 (Human German hard) all other countries on AI (normal).
Year 1941 and mainline Europe is conquered by Germany (France,Belgium,Netherlands,Norway,Denmark). German denied Vichy in the attempt to defeat all of France.
Axis allies (Hungry, Slovakia, Italy, Bulgaria)
Africa is completely in British hands, and Greece is still neutral. British do not have a foothold on the continent.

Thanks for reading
Post #: 1
RE: AI paratrooper bug! - 1/9/2013 10:14:49 AM   
Petiloup

I tried in the past to explain that this game wasn't tested by it's developers.

The answer was that this isn't a simulation (not sure as what it is so far) which would explain all the ahistorical situations.

What you are mentioning about the para drops knocking out countries out of the war is one of those examples... and I have many more having playes Germany, the Allies and the USSR.

Can't start to imagine Hungary changing government for a few para jumping on Budapest while there is a whole army fighting in Ukraine.

Anyway, only advice is to control all your allied countries to avoid that particular issue.

Have fun... discovering all the other bugs.

(in reply to NativeTexan)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> AI paratrooper bug! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI