Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japan plane count

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Japan plane count Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japan plane count - 11/20/2012 3:05:02 PM   
msudrala8

May 1944 playing allies. Japan is losing 25-50 planes a day due to my cap, airfield attacks, bombardments, Kamikazes, etc. Was wondering is there any way to tell how many planes they have and what their production rate is? Curious if I am gaining ground.
Post #: 1
RE: Japan plane count - 11/20/2012 4:34:04 PM   
PaxMondo

Not really ... all depends upon the IJ HI reserve and that largely depends upon how much fuel the IJ managed to get back to the home isles. 

Pax

(in reply to msudrala8)
Post #: 2
RE: Japan plane count - 11/20/2012 11:05:45 PM   
Commander Stormwolf

typically the japanese are able to build less than 100,000 engines
dec 1941 - dec 1944

aim for destroying about 50-60 thousand AC and you probably have destroyed the IJAF

unless you don't have house rules against cancelling ships to build AC, then possibly a little bit more (but the supply cost to expand
would make him lose the war anyway)

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to msudrala8)
Post #: 3
RE: Japan plane count - 11/21/2012 5:08:39 AM   
msudrala8

Crap, I'm at 12,112. Looooooooong way to go.

(in reply to Commander Stormwolf)
Post #: 4
RE: Japan plane count - 11/21/2012 5:34:03 PM   
LoBaron

You should aim to achive qualitative and local air superiority, which is easily doable for the Allies late war.

Strategic destruction of the JAAF/IJN is unlikely until end game when your heavies are in reach of the Japanese industry.

Ah, and don´t kill the produced planes, put those areas under pressure where the Japanese can extract oil from. The sooner you do that, the more
you hamper the ability of Japan to sustain production.

The numbers cited by Commander Stormwolf are only possible (as he said himself) when Japan cancels a lot of ship production, AND as long as it is able
to conquer and hold strategic oil areas for a long time.

If you are able to prevent the latter you will not see 100,000 engines produced.

(in reply to msudrala8)
Post #: 5
RE: Japan plane count - 11/21/2012 6:49:37 PM   
crsutton

Other factors too. Scenario number 2 gives the Japanese more production. Also, how quickly do you cut off the oil supply from the DEI. This will obviously lessen the amount of production as well. Take out Medan and Palembang early and I doubt you will see 60,000 frames produced. And the Japanese player may opt to build less to conserve supply and HI. But if you only have killed 12,000 then you had better start killing away. You are going to need to kill a few more....

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 6
RE: Japan plane count - 11/22/2012 2:25:15 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: msudrala8

May 1944 playing allies. Japan is losing 25-50 planes a day due to my cap, airfield attacks, bombardments, Kamikazes, etc. Was wondering is there any way to tell how many planes they have and what their production rate is? Curious if I am gaining ground.

You haven't mentioned if it is PBEM or AI. Against the AI - it gets loads of bonuses and bumps production up a fair bit.

(in reply to msudrala8)
Post #: 7
RE: Japan plane count - 11/22/2012 5:11:28 PM   
msudrala8

Playing against AI. So far I have successfully blockaded the islands on three sides. Any ships attempting to leave are sunk or damaged and forced to retreat. Guessing still getting oil from occupied china and korea side. Have taken back most of china and starting to work on korea peninsula.
Have a couple of IF surrounded strongholds in china giving me fits. One is 127,000 plus troops.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 8
RE: Japan plane count - 11/22/2012 5:40:48 PM   
Crackaces

I have 2 scenrario #1 games under my belt, and in my opinion, the weakest line of communciation for the IJ is LOC stretching from Davao --> Puerto Princesa -> Cam Ranh Bay. Seize these points and the IJ cannot move anything from the DEI to the Home Islands ... In fact I believe it is quite possible to ignore the Solomon's enterly and blitzkrieg straight from the Gilberts across using Babeldaob/Peleliu as a jumpoff point, and obtain total isolation by Jan 1944. This would be especially effective agasint a IJ player totaly infatuated with a historical replay and fixated on a direct defense

I understand in Scenrario #2 the IJ pilot training feature has been fixed where as the incoming depot of pilots severely drains HI in 1944? If so, then crsutton's thoughts are even more relavant.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to msudrala8)
Post #: 9
RE: Japan plane count - 11/22/2012 7:47:37 PM   
JocMeister

Is it even possible to have the AI run out of aircraft? When I played my last AI game I think there were some 2000 Zeroes in the pool in mid 42!

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 10
RE: Japan plane count - 11/22/2012 8:37:47 PM   
PaxMondo

Well, in Ironman, the answer would be "No".  And the AI doesn't run out of pilots either as they enter pools at +60 skill/exp.  I play as IJ and the allies are everything that an AFB would want: limitless pools of equipment, a/c, trained pilots, supply, fuel, ships, ... did I miss anything? 

Pax

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 11
RE: Japan plane count - 11/22/2012 8:45:51 PM   
inqistor

There is something called sorties on plane loses screen. It depends mainly on overall action on map, but you can figure trend for longer period. Good indication of enemy loses is if you suddenly see older model at frontline.

You can recon all production centers in Japan, and add everything to sum current production, however I do not think AI can run out of planes. But it surely loses airgroups (destroyed in bases). It is possible they return after a while, but it takes several months. Just try to conquer bases with airgroups in them.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 12
RE: Japan plane count - 11/22/2012 10:20:48 PM   
PaxMondo

At least in Ironman, I can say the AI buys out destroyed air groups immediately and they re-appear in 30 -45 days.  So yes, I do it, but I also know they will be back in rather short order.  Makes for good game. 

Pax

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 13
RE: Japan plane count - 11/23/2012 12:41:38 AM   
Grfin Zeppelin

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

did I miss anything? 

Yes, these %&6$%/() Dorniers........

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 14
RE: Japan plane count - 11/23/2012 12:50:46 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

did I miss anything? 

Yes, these %&6$%/() Dorniers........

Argh!! How could I overlook those nasty's!!

Pax

(in reply to Grfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Japan plane count Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI