Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DONT START ON WINDOWS 7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 11/26/2012 10:51:53 PM   
Longnez

Hello all,
I downloaded and installed "PIF" under os windows 7 and then i click on icon.exe, nothing start?!
Is it my setting résolution screen 1920x1080 do it this problem, or other ?
Thanks
Cordialement
Post #: 1
RE: DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 11/26/2012 11:24:44 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Hi Longnez -- I have a very similar system (Windows 7 with 1920 x 1080 desktop resolution) and have not had a problem.

Are you double clicking the desktop icon?  This (by default) launches the game menu, which gives you links to other game-related features (manual, web sites, etc) as well as a link to start the game (click where it says "PLAY Close Combat Panthers in the Fog").

Does it work if you go to the Windows menu, click "All Programs", and then find the "Close Combat Panthers in the Fog" folder and run the "Close Combat Panthers in the Fog (Quick Start)" link?  This should take you directly into the game.

(in reply to Longnez)
Post #: 2
RE: DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 11/26/2012 11:34:25 PM   
Longnez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Hi Longnez -- I have a very similar system (Windows 7 with 1920 x 1080 desktop resolution) and have not had a problem.

Are you double clicking the desktop icon?  This (by default) launches the game menu, which gives you links to other game-related features (manual, web sites, etc) as well as a link to start the game (click where it says "PLAY Close Combat Panthers in the Fog").

Does it work if you go to the Windows menu, click "All Programs", and then find the "Close Combat Panthers in the Fog" folder and run the "Close Combat Panthers in the Fog (Quick Start)" link?  This should take you directly into the game.

After install, when i click "play cc in the fog" or "CCE.exe", i've message "close combat error "unable to read or more registry entries, please réinstall close combat"

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 11/26/2012 11:42:09 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Longnez

After install, when i click "play cc in the fog" or "CCE.exe", i've message "close combat error "unable to read or more registry entries, please réinstall close combat"

It sounds like the installation program wasn't able to write the game registry information properly. Did you get any sort of error message when you installed the game? Did you install it while logged into Windows under the same Windows user account as the one you're try to play under?

(in reply to Longnez)
Post #: 4
RE: DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 11/27/2012 1:05:52 AM   
Longnez

Tks Steve,
I realized after installed, it asked me setting "direct x9.0c", i thought that no needed in windows 7 coz we've direct x11, or it needed and installed for started. Its works now and i appréciate so much beauty maps and "bocages" Normand (i'm originate Normandy), effects fog and other but i regreat the mod sound, it the same that before and i 'll hope more realistic sound armors and humans (maybe soon mods sound). I play in série Close combat since 1998 (my prefered CCIII)and found again this smashing game play and always relax after hard days working. Tks again for all team work and long life in this game.
(sry for my english but no practice from lazy froggy

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 5
RE: DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 1/10/2013 8:31:22 PM   
daly

Have a question to devs... The game was tested on windows8?
Is it works with the game? Thank you

(in reply to Longnez)
Post #: 6
RE: DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 1/10/2013 10:06:07 PM   
WoT

i installed and played on win 8

not a dev though.

had most of the problems seen by other users so don't think it is OS specific problems just a bad Beta release.

(in reply to daly)
Post #: 7
RE: DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 1/10/2013 10:10:45 PM   
Richtschwert

quote:

ORIGINAL: daly

Have a question to devs... The game was tested on windows8?
Is it works with the game? Thank you

I'm on Windows 8 x64 Pro with an AMD Phenom x4 and an ATI 5XXX. Panther runs flawless.

(in reply to daly)
Post #: 8
RE: DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 - 1/11/2013 11:11:28 AM   
VonManstein

Have you (or not) problems playing in multiplayer?

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

(in reply to Richtschwert)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> DONT START ON WINDOWS 7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI