Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Big City Fights in the Pacific ???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Big City Fights in the Pacific ??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Big City Fights in the Pacific ??? - 2/3/2001 1:24:00 PM   
M4 Jess Housley

Looking for a big city fight in the Pacific, I want to design a mega large city fight with the Japs. Any input on the battle to fight? M4

I remember the Tigers...poor lost kittys....Here Kitty..kitty
Post #: 1
- 2/3/2001 1:32:00 PM   
orc4hire

The battle for Manila went on almost a month. http://www2.army.mil/cmh-pg/brochures/luzon/72-28.htm Scroll down about halfway, to section 11.

(in reply to M4 Jess Housley)
Post #: 2
- 2/3/2001 2:20:00 PM   
troopie

Battle of Cebu city was fought in the unburned residential sections and the burning industrial section. cf. the memoirs of I.D. Richardson. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 3
- 2/4/2001 4:13:00 AM   
CaptainBrian

Another urban battle from the Pacific was the Sixth Marine Division's clearing of Naha during the Battle of Okinawa.

CaptainBrian

Post #: 4
- 2/4/2001 6:33:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Great suggestions, guys! Took the words right out of my mouth! What a good group we have here! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 5
- 2/4/2001 10:34:00 AM   
BruceAZ

Hi Jess: I would vote for Manila or Singapore although Singapore would have to be less historical to make it interesting but the British delaying action down the pennisula would be fun to consider. If you are looking for a combined arms campaign, (other than the Phillipines in 41/42), I would suggest the Battle for Garapan in Saipan. This battle was one of the few where Japanese used mass armor against Marine units. Of course, Shermans ate them alive but it was a real armored "Banzai" charge by about 30 Japanese tanks. Bruce Semper Fi ------------------ "The most important element in war is man. And there are no tougher men than my China Marines." Major Gen. Archer 'Archy' Vandegrift, 1st Marine Division

Post #: 6
- 2/5/2001 10:51:00 PM   
1stSgt USMC

It didn't happen but if Operation Olympic would have went down, that would have been a hell of a fight. But we dropped the Bomb instead. ------------------ 1stSgt Semper Fi "Steel on Target" Company B 1st Tank Bn

1stSgt Semper Fi "Steel on Target" Company B 1st Tank Bn

Post #: 7
- 2/6/2001 12:31:00 AM   
USMCGrunt

quote:

Originally posted by 1stSgt USMC: It didn't happen but if Operation Olympic would have went down, that would have been a hell of a fight. But we dropped the Bomb instead.
If I remember correctly, there was a theoretical sceniario in SP1 on Operation Olympic. If memory serves, it was a real bear. My have to dust off my old copy of SP1 and see if it can't be updated. That is of course if 1stSgt will let me off the working parties. ------------------ USMCGrunt -When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Big City Fights in the Pacific ??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI