Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

City control

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> City control Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
City control - 12/3/2012 1:56:52 PM   
iley

In a long running play by mail game as Japanese have occupied most of China. Have occupied Chungking and of course have Shanghai.

Am unable to send a task force to Shanghai. When trying the response is not friendly base. Similar problem with Chungking. The question is is this a known bug that can be remedied with an update?

Thank you:

Iley
Post #: 1
RE: City control - 12/3/2012 2:18:47 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: iley

In a long running play by mail game as Japanese have occupied most of China. Have occupied Chungking and of course have Shanghai.

Am unable to send a task force to Shanghai. When trying the response is not friendly base. Similar problem with Chungking. The question is is this a known bug that can be remedied with an update?

Thank you:

Iley

Seems rather strange, not reported as a bug. What version of the game are you running?

Maybe a screen shot of the city and your TF could illuminate the problem.

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 2
RE: City control - 12/3/2012 2:41:26 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Thank you:

Iley

Trying to send a TF to Chungking is going to be hell on the hull paint.

The Moose

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 3
RE: City control - 12/3/2012 7:57:09 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Thank you:

Iley

Trying to send a TF to Chungking is going to be hell on the hull paint.

New Air-cushioned landing craft ...

But .. I am thinking he has run into the base/fragment problem where as units become bases ..thus Chungking is not an owned base as opposed to cant get ships there ... need version to determine pre-test probability.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 4
RE: City control - 12/4/2012 3:35:49 AM   
iley

Gentlemen:

Thank you very much for the quick responses. Appreciate the attention and humor ( that would be you Bullwinkle58 ).

The version is 1.06.1108r9 jan 21 2012.

I said I had a similar problem with Chungking not the same problem. For shanghai I'm unable to direct a Tf their. With chungking I'm unable to transfer and air group there. When attempting to transfer and air group the response I get is no air base exist.

Crackaces's response seems to be most likely cause. As when I move the pointer over the base the first thing that comes up is a unit with a negative value.

Would send a screen shot but not within my capabilities.

Iley

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 5
RE: City control - 12/4/2012 3:43:40 AM   
n01487477

Download the Beta and see if that fixes the problem. You may need to post a save for MichaelM who may change it manually so you can continue under the current version, but more likely an upgrade will fix it.

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 6
RE: City control - 12/4/2012 3:55:52 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Gentlemen:

Thank you very much for the quick responses. Appreciate the attention and humor ( that would be you Bullwinkle58 ).

The version is 1.06.1108r9 jan 21 2012.

I said I had a similar problem with Chungking not the same problem. For shanghai I'm unable to direct a Tf their. With chungking I'm unable to transfer and air group there. When attempting to transfer and air group the response I get is no air base exist.

Crackaces's response seems to be most likely cause. As when I move the pointer over the base the first thing that comes up is a unit with a negative value.

Would send a screen shot but not within my capabilities.

Iley

Happy to help.

A negative sign is rarely a good thing to see . . .

The Moose

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 7
RE: City control - 12/5/2012 2:54:47 AM   
iley

Gentleman thank you:

I updated to the latest beta and the problem went a way. Now I just need to talk my opponent in two updating.

Iley

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 8
RE: City control - 12/5/2012 2:06:03 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Gentleman thank you:

I updated to the latest beta and the problem went a way. Now I just need to talk my opponent in two updating.

Iley

Be careful. In PBEM the upgrade needs to be done in a certain order by each side to avoid synch bugs.

- Japan enters orders turn A with old software.
- Allies enter orders turn A with old software.
- Japan runs turn resolution turn A with old software.
- Allies run combat replay turn A with old software.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <----- Upgrade software here.
- Japan enters orders turn B with new software.
- Allies enter orders turn B with new software.
- Japan runs turn resolution turn B with new software.
- Allies run combat replay turn B with new software.

The Moose

(in reply to iley)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> City control Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI