Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OOB/game questions ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOB/game questions ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OOB/game questions ... - 2/4/2001 7:20:00 AM   
StuNZ

Just a couple questions about the oob files: 1) OOB files - just been tinkering with my oob editor, something I threw together for SP3 when SP:WW v2 was released and SP:WaW was still a distant promise on the horizon . As it's set up for the SP3 fields rather than the changed SP:WaW it shows the RA and heat armour rating fields as well - what I'm curious about is are the heat fields still used? Take this example: OOB70, unit 26, PzKfw IVe Standard/Heat armour ratings: Hull front 50/60 Hull side 20/30 Hull rear 20/60 Turr front 46/33 Turr side 20/30 Turr rear 20/30 Top armour 10/10 2) How does the AI choose it's formations - is it still based on a pick list with some random variation (after trying out Germany assaulting Russia between 39 and 45, I certainly get the impression that it's still based on pick list, albeit with a certain level of randomness)?

Post #: 1
- 2/4/2001 10:21:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Heat armor is not used AI uses pick lists with some variation. We hope to improve it for ver 5

(in reply to StuNZ)
Post #: 2
- 2/4/2001 12:27:00 PM   
StuNZ

Cheers Paul. Guess I'll wait until v5 before carrying on trying to figure out the AI pick lists then .

(in reply to StuNZ)
Post #: 3
- 2/4/2001 1:09:00 PM   
troopie

Has anyone else had this happen. I tried to make a police unit, dates of service 1/31 to 12/49. The encyclopedia showed it available 1/46 to 12/49. It was available only 46-49. I changed the date of first available to 2/31 and it worked. Stock units are aavailable throughout the period but not user created ones. Why, and can it be corrected in 5.0? troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to StuNZ)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> OOB/game questions ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI