Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Moder... - 12/19/2012 7:16:18 PM   
Scott Parrino

Super realistic air and naval warfare simulation/strategy game in the works!

We are excited to announce a partnership with WarfareSims (www.warfaresims.com) to bring the air and naval warfare simulation and strategy game Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations to customers in the near future!

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations features a very realistic modeling of air and naval warfare strategy where players take command of modern military operations from post-WW2 all the way to the near future, primarily in a tactical or operational scale. While still in development, Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations aims to set a new benchmark for depth and realism in modern air and naval wargames, with detailed modeling of aircraft, surface ships, and submarines, along with multiple historic and hypothetical conflicts, complete with an integrated scenario editor.

JD McNeil, Chairman of Slitherine had this to say: “We are very thrilled to be working with WarfareSims to bring our customers this new and outstanding air and naval warfare simulation. We think this title is a great fit for our audience and look forward to a very productive and beneficial relationship with WarfareSims.”

Dimitris Dranidis, General Director and Software Architect at WarfareSims, commented: "This is a huge step forward for the air/naval wargaming community. Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations is going to dominate the genre and we are proud to cooperate with a dependable publisher like Matrix/Slitherine on this endeavor."

Michael Mykytyn, WarfareSims' Director of QA had this to say: "We are very happy to have signed with Slitherine/Matrix and we look forward to producing an amazing gaming experience with computer wargaming's premier publisher. We cannot wait to kick off the final beta for the first release!"

Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/19/2012 7:30:14 PM   
mbar

Great news! I've been following the development of Command for a while at WarfareSims and have been excited to see it released. I'm glad they teamed up with great publisher!

(in reply to Scott Parrino)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/19/2012 7:44:44 PM   
sprior

What he said! I'm really looking forward to this one.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/19/2012 7:58:40 PM   
Meroka37

Any expected release date?

'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/19/2012 8:30:02 PM   
Phoenix100

I've also followed it from a distance. Pleased Matrix have it. Hope it turns out well. When?

(in reply to Meroka37)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/19/2012 8:33:22 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Meroka37

Any expected release date?

+1...not looking for an exact date since I know that is never given out, but any hint if we are days, weeks, months, years, etc. away?

(in reply to Meroka37)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/19/2012 9:32:45 PM   
lecrop

Very good news! I'm following its development for a long time, and waiting the release eagerly.

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 12:18:02 AM   
JiminyJickers

Excellent news.  I have been watching developer videos of this and it looks very promising.

Very glad it is coming to Matrix.

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 1:13:07 AM   
GBS

How does this compare to the Harpoon series?

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 1:30:12 AM   
OldSarge

I've been following this off an on since 'Red Pill' was first announced. This is definitely going to be on my wish list.

For the benefit of those that haven't been following it, WarfareSim has a pretty active forum concerning the sim and some nice screenshots to boot.

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 12/20/2012 1:31:14 AM >

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 1:42:24 AM   
BletchleyGeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

How does this compare to the Harpoon series?

Check out the gameplay videos on their site

http://www.warfaresims.com

to get an idea of what these guys have been working on. Also check this thread on their forums

http://www.warfaresims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8381

for a FAQ, and this other to keep tabs on what they've been adding on each build to date

http://www.warfaresims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9008

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 2:52:33 AM   
PaulWRoberts

I, too, have been watching this one for a while. I'm glad to see Matrix supporting it!

By all appearances, it's a solid design that revises the Harpoon paradigm from the ground up.

(in reply to BletchleyGeek)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 3:10:05 AM   
goodwoodrw

As one famous Roman said I saw I read I want. I've been waiting 15 years for an improved H3

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to BletchleyGeek)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 8:28:15 AM   
Dimitris

Thanks guys :)

Regarding the release date, as some of you know we originally hoped for late 2012. By now it's probably a bit late for that but we are very confident for a 2013 release. We know you'd like it right now (hell, we too!) but from the start we've been very careful to avoid painting ourselves into the proverbial corner of a premature release - and those of you who have been watching the air/nav scene for the last year or so are probably aware of another such recent example, which has generated unpleasant vibes.

All we can say at the moment is that we are working on this game round the clock, putting into it all the free time & energy that our other real-life commitments permit. As you know this is very much a labor of love for us and we believe the media samples we have released so far already demonstrate this clearly. We are also keen on further engaging the community both before and after the v1 release in order to maximize the degree to which the game fits into the players' desires and expectations.

We will soon have some more media material to display so that you can see what we have been up to recently. Good stuff on the way :)

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 12/20/2012 8:29:28 AM >

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 10:55:30 AM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn
we are very confident for a 2013 release.

does this imply 2013 isnt a guarantee?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 12:25:38 PM   
Crossing the T

Any plans for a public beta?

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 2:15:06 PM   
mbar

quote:

Thanks guys :)

Regarding the release date, as some of you know we originally hoped for late 2012. By now it's probably a bit late for that but we are very confident for a 2013 release. We know you'd like it right now (hell, we too!) but from the start we've been very careful to avoid painting ourselves into the proverbial corner of a premature release - and those of you who have been watching the air/nav scene for the last year or so are probably aware of another such recent example, which has generated unpleasant vibes.

All we can say at the moment is that we are working on this game round the clock, putting into it all the free time & energy that our other real-life commitments permit. As you know this is very much a labor of love for us and we believe the media samples we have released so far already demonstrate this clearly. We are also keen on further engaging the community both before and after the v1 release in order to maximize the degree to which the game fits into the players' desires and expectations.

We will soon have some more media material to display so that you can see what we have been up to recently. Good stuff on the way :)

Thanks you for checking in at Matrix. Command is looking good in the videos and I respect the time an attention you are giving this project. It looks great! I'm excited but I can also wait for the polished product. Dang! I feel like a kid at Christmas again!!!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 17
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 6:37:00 PM   
lecrop

quote:

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 18
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/20/2012 7:27:57 PM   
MaB1708

Ah, a devoted publisher teaming with the extraordinary gentlemen behind COMMAND. What I had expected - and hoped for - is now official and releasing a new milestone in naval ops simulation with a publisher with a fantastic track record of customer service, responsiveness and - mainly - only outstanding software in their portfolio - is it christmas already? Almost. Thank you for the news.

Martin

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 19
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/21/2012 6:53:18 PM   
analog

Nice.

I am happy that this endeavor is going to bear abundant fruit.
I am even more happy that this will do a lot of things that others in this genra do not. Things like logistics and mines. There are also a lot of useful tools for the scenario designer, like the event engine, which can trigger actions.

Im not sure how many scenarios will be released with v1, I know they are of the highest quality made by experienced scenario designers and should do well to keep everybody busy. But when the whole of the community starts to contribute scenarios, the gaming possibilities become endless. Huge scale scenarios are possible with this game, and I look forward to creating and playing some. (Yeah, the small ones are great as well)

< Message edited by analog -- 12/21/2012 6:54:03 PM >

(in reply to Scott Parrino)
Post #: 20
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/21/2012 8:04:03 PM   
Hertston

quote:

Please just FINISH the thing, or at least as near-to as any game can get these days. We can wait, or at least I can. There have been far too many half-cooked efforts recently across many genres, and that just means inevitable huge disappointment all-round. Not that Matrix would allow that to happen.

Credit card on standby for whenever ...

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 21
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 12/24/2012 8:24:04 PM   
VadeS

Looks very interesting !

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 1/11/2013 3:46:23 PM   
tarfman

quote:

Lets hope it has a save game feature . I cant wait to get my hands on it but at the same time you can take all the time you need.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 23
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 1/13/2013 3:07:51 PM   
mikmykWS

It has a save game feature.

(in reply to tarfman)
Post #: 24
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 2/18/2013 6:51:43 PM   
heyhellowhatsnew

any game play videos yet?

OldBlackNerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 25
RE: Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: M... - 2/18/2013 7:53:35 PM   
Dimitris

Lots of them already, look here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1101

(in reply to heyhellowhatsnew)
Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Matrix Games and WarfareSims Team Up for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI