Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/17/2012 3:19:58 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Matrix Basic League Playoffs

Don't know what is going on in the other leagues for the experts

1st and 3rd seeded teams were eliminated in the first and second round. Atomic punks were 10-3 with the highest Points For and a fantastic 6 game run at the end of the season, but they did not bring their "A-game" in the playoffs and fell to an expansion team. DanesGoneWild is the Cinderella team*, plucked out of obscurity with a 6-7 record in a wild card spot, they now are almost certain to make the finals.

*They have been labeled such not because of any fan enthusiasm but because they dress in girly glass slippers...and it is not a pretty sight I can tell you.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/17/2012 3:23:40 PM >

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 31
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/17/2012 11:49:50 PM   
kingstuart444

i was gonna bump up this thread, glad you did.

cosmo went 5-8. "no giddy up !" here. this is only my second season playing fantasy after just getting renewed interest in the NFL. i see my fate was sealed when i looked at the draft results posted earlier on the thread.

my first pick l fitzgerald topped 10 pts 4 times
3rd pick h nicks only 2 twice

not enough production from them.

cobb was a nice get but those return yards dont add up in this format.
looking forward to next year and best regards to the finalist

the stu

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 32
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/18/2012 3:09:30 AM   
Cap Mandrake

No doubt the draft was important. The default settings were all about running backs. I bumped Brady to 1 and Brees to 2nd pick. I think I ended up in 5th spot and got Brees.

Brees produced 348 pts so far and Adrian Peterson 309. I had to cycle through receivers and 2nd running backs due to injuries.

Brees was league leader in yardage and Peterson was league leader in yardage an RB TD's. Hard to go wrong.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/18/2012 3:12:35 AM >

(in reply to kingstuart444)
Post #: 33
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/18/2012 3:16:40 AM   
Challerain

Never fails. Number one seed in two leagues (Basic and Hall of Fame) and out in the early playoffs. Good luck guys.....now just have to wait for baseball

Post #: 34
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/18/2012 3:43:09 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Challerain

Never fails. Number one seed in two leagues (Basic and Hall of Fame) and out in the early playoffs. Good luck guys.....now just have to wait for baseball

Better to be lucky than good.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 35
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/24/2012 1:34:50 PM   
Walloc

And the Danes goes wild........

Well, in lieu of stat corrects and it wont take much. For example if James Jones gets 1 yard less he losses 3.1 points and the scales tip.
It seems that an most improbable win toke place last night. The DaneGoneWild beating out the Mandrake's Maulers with around just 1 point.
Tom Magnificent and Aaron Henandez disappointed with season low or near season low scores but as we all know defences win championships and the Cards defence did what the Houston defence coudlnt.

As a first time fantasy player and a non US citizen and we all know they know nada about football, i had just 1 goal before the season. Beating Marc aka Mandrake's Maulers and i would be happy. Seems i did it both times we meet this season.
Taking the leauge title certainly wasnt on the plate. Now i dont know if i should be sad, Steelers getting eliminated from the PO possibilties last night or being happy for apparently winning the basic leauge title in my first year. If this stand it certainly remenisant of the 2 Giants run for championships lately. Leading the leauge after 5 games, dropping nearly every game after that. but just squeshing in to the play off and beating the Patriots/Mandrake's Maulers in the final.

Merry Xmas all,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 12/24/2012 1:44:35 PM >

Post #: 36
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/24/2012 5:35:22 PM   
Paul Vebber

Well the Cards return of a blocked FG for a TD late was the difference in a nail biter for the Basic league championship! 91.68 to 90.84 margin means any stat correction in the Maulers favor could switch the tide, so we will have to wait to officially award the prize.

The 3rd place game between my Pack o'Pain and Atomic punks was a similar back and forth affair with Brandon Marshall's TD putting me on top to take third, though with a 141.72 to 138.66 lead, I could succumb to stat corrections as well.

But hey A Punks, it just goes to show ya that either of us woulda killed either of the top two teams this week ;P

Woulda coulda shoulda ...

In the Pro league there was a fairly close matchup as well with Breezely Bruins coming back against Zeke's Minions 699.95 to 681.25, Green Giants had the high score of the day with 700.12 now THAT woulda been a final...0.17 pts more than the Bruins! Of note for the Yahoo points predictors - Doug Martin for the Bruins was tapped to get 51.29 and got...exactly 51.29.

Congrats to the Bruins on the win

In the somewhat abortive Hall of Fame league (only 6 players this year) My Pack o'Pain put up a moster 328.59 points, taken Kelly's Zero's 189.92 by a large margin. There was quit a logjam behind me with HOF TGW at 286.49, Poundcake at 285.11 and Northern Horde at 284.60.

Just to be on the safe side, I announce the official winners next week (latest stat correction for this week can be applied is a players game time the following week).

Start oiling up those gloves and pine tarring those bats...

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 37
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/24/2012 8:04:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Oh, the ignominy! To give up the big one by 0.8 pts to a sub 500 team A Maulers hats-off to the luck...err...skillful WildDanes

It was a fun league. Thanks for running it Paul.

Post #: 38
RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! - 12/24/2012 9:42:41 PM   
Walloc

Nm

< Message edited by Walloc -- 12/24/2012 9:56:45 PM >

Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Fantasy Football Leagues are up! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI