Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: VETBoB Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: VETBoB Beta Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: VETBoB Beta - 7/6/2011 4:26:36 AM   
Tejszd

Thank you Platoon_Michael!

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 31
RE: VETBoB Beta - 7/11/2011 7:09:51 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Slowly but surly it's progressing.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Platoon_Michael -- 7/13/2011 8:03:25 PM >

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 32
RE: VETBoB Beta - 2/11/2012 1:26:45 AM   
johnsilver

Tremendous mod and once got past a crash issue.. Have enjoyed it immensely.

Post #: 33
RE: VETBoB Beta - 2/13/2012 8:09:06 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Thanks,
It's still in the Beta stages with improvements still being worked on.
It's just a shame how much work still needs to be done.

Lately I've been working on changing the dates in game so they reflect the actual dates from the Campaign.

For some reason I u don't update this page as much as I do the one at CCS

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Platoon_Michael -- 2/13/2012 8:16:03 PM >

(in reply to johnsilver)
Post #: 34
RE: VETBoB Beta - 3/1/2012 6:29:26 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Updated original post.
There is a new version available.

Post #: 35
RE: VETBoB Beta - 8/30/2012 9:04:30 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

"M4 Crocodile"?

Did they actually call them that?

Post #: 36
RE: VETBoB Beta - 9/1/2012 4:07:59 AM   
Platoon_Michael

idk
Are they wrong?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Churchill_Crocodile_01.jpg

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 37
RE: VETBoB Beta - 9/4/2012 10:12:36 PM   
johnsilver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

Updated original post.
There is a new version available.

The strategic map above, that was temporarily in one of the mods was a lot better IMO. Hopefully one day (understand you are extremely busy) can incorporate it once again back into the mod.

Edit:

I think what CSO-Talorgan meant was that only the Churchill version of the flame tank was known as the Crocodile. Not sure if the M4 version had a nickname even really.

< Message edited by johnsilver -- 9/4/2012 10:15:12 PM >

Sailing The 7 Seas...

Post #: 38
RE: VETBoB Beta - 9/5/2012 5:01:30 PM   
Platoon_Michael

I've been editing the BG's and Force Pools for the Allies and thought I was doing pretty good.
Now I'm stumped on Game Play and/or Historical accuracy?

And looking over the Axis BG's and Force Pools I hate what I did last time.

Despite having quite a few books here at home on the Bulge and then using the Internet as well Finding/Reading then trying to edit just doesn't go as fast as I would like.

Case in point:
Do I add Tank Destroyers and the AA-Gun 90mm and Artillery F.O.'s to any of the Infantry BG's that are at Elsenborn Ridge?
Thus creating the impossible task of taking this map,or will that then just leave the Axis player to totally ignore that map?

Do I add a few more Fuel Depts to some of the Inside Maps on the Strategic Map in order to get the AI to deploy properly and not just sit on the outer maps(aka fuel depots) preventing other BG's from entering the game.

I was thinking Trois Ponts,Stoumont and maybe Stavelot as such places.

I also have 5 more openings for new BG's that I believe if were all Allied BG's could better help the game.
I.E. Team Snafu around St.Vith,maybe 1 or 2 more Armored BG's entering from both the South and North.

IDK

Edit:
I also don't feel that there's any true attrition to the game (Or I don't understand it) so do I incorporate that?
Do I force the players hand by just adding/removing Units on a certain date?
I've already done so with some units like the Tiger Tank,It shows up for one day and one day only in the Force Pool,if you don't.grab it, it's gone(I'm assuming the game wont remove it from your current BG,make up although I haven't tried it yet) I'm hoping that if you see and grab the Tiger it's your until it's destroyed?

Also done the same for FO's for Allies I've started with Mortars then Air Support then Artillery.

But then again if said player still has his Air Support on a Day when the Weather is Bad does that ruin the game?

< Message edited by Platoon_Michael -- 9/5/2012 5:20:10 PM >

(in reply to johnsilver)
Post #: 39
RE: VETBoB Beta - 9/6/2012 11:40:39 PM   
johnsilver

quote:

Do I add Tank Destroyers and the AA-Gun 90mm and Artillery F.O.'s to any of the Infantry BG's that are at Elsenborn Ridge?
Thus creating the impossible task of taking this map,or will that then just leave the Axis player to totally ignore that map?

quote:

That map is a nice one to take and then hang onto as it is, or rather should say it is when playing with units returning. It's a shame that when playing with units returning? The 14th cavalry seems to kind of "get stuck" returning to just that sole locale however. It has (seemingly vs AI and with US as recruits) 15+ AT guns and nearly half are of the 3" variety.

When playing the Axis set as "Elite" One can no longer use tanks and infantry get pulverized eventually. Example? The 48th VG units is no longer strong when set as Elite. They have 4 total AT guns and 2 Stugs, plus 5 2cm "chopper" vehicles that fall easily to the various allied armor and guns.

IMO? That is/was not a trouble spot. Trois points? nasty map and difficult to take regardless. Shame it is so close to the other allied supply hexes, or would be perfect. how about Vieselam? Houffalize, LaRoache, Meyerode? trying to come up with nasty maps that are in sort of the middle. St. Vith wouldn't be a bad idea to add anyway as i generally get there in-and-out before the allies bother with it.

Sailing The 7 Seas...

Post #: 40
RE: VETBoB Beta - 12/26/2012 6:23:36 AM   
Death Method

Hey Platoon,

Great Mod, really fun. However the strat map seems a little wonky? It's hard to explain what the problem is; best way to describe it is moving BG's on the strat map only works if you hover them on the 'borders' of the appropriate map, again, hard to explain. I'm sure your aware of it, work in progress issue? Great mod though.

(in reply to johnsilver)
Post #: 41
RE: VETBoB Beta - 1/9/2013 10:08:34 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Looks like you have an earlier version when I was goofing around with trying to eliminate the Red/Green overlays that appear on the strategic map based on what side controls it.
(The one thing I hate the most about the game but yet no one else feels the same as me)
I have since given up on that.

I can redirect you to a version that doesn't have that if need be but I suggest waiting for the next release as I've worked on quite a few things since then.

Your choice.

< Message edited by Platoon_Michael -- 1/9/2013 10:09:16 PM >

(in reply to Death Method)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: VETBoB Beta Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI