Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

supply requirements & support requirements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> supply requirements & support requirements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
supply requirements & support requirements - 12/26/2012 3:45:16 PM   
sjohnson

Feel free to move this to scenario design & modding at some point; but a few items I discovered when poking around the editor. See the table below - highlighted blue cells are data entry errors; highlighted yellow cells are questionable numbers.

I am using this to work on an enhanced logistics model for WitE - I know some folks are dabbling with changing the logistics % settings but this doesn't quite get you there (ie like using a sledgehammer where a rock hammer is needed).

The table below is what I determined the model uses to calculate the supply requirement of a unit on an element by element basis.

The way to use it as follows:

Let's say a unit has 100 German rifle squads of 10 men each. The supply requirement would be 23.1 lbs * 10 men per squad or 231 lbs per squad. Then multiply by 100 squads and divide by 2200 and you get the tons of supply requirement.

(Note supply consumption is a different thing - appears to run at about 10 lbs per basic consumption per man per week but I have not backed it out yet).

For most vehicles it is the same calculation. For gun type elements it is slightly different - in this case it is for each element:

(lbs per man * number of men in element) + (17.6 lbs * load cost of element)

Once again multiply by number of squads and divide by 2200 to get tonnage. Note Soviet base lbs per man is less than Axis (19.6 lbs/man).

So, here are the discrepancies I found:

In Blue:
Light Art has a support req of 0.1 squads per element in the unit
Barge, Air Ldg Section, Heavy AT Gun, Lt AT Gun all have 0 support requirement
Heavy mortar is more complicated - I found this by looking at 120mm mortar squads - the supply requirement is only calculated by the number of men and is not accounting for the load cost of the mortar itself. Thus, 120 mm mortars require less supply then 81 mm mortars, etc.

In Yellow:
It seems odd that SP Art has lower support requirement then say regular artillery. I would have thought that SP Art would have required more (gun plus vehicle equals more than gun).

Note SP Inf guns also require less support than ordinary inf guns.

For other things - like SP AAMG you see that the SP version requires far more support than the non SP version (0.9 vs 0.3).

Also rocket support requirement seems quite high at 1.8 support per squad - more than say an 88mm flak to maintain.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sjohnson -- 12/26/2012 3:47:19 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: supply requirements & support requirements - 12/26/2012 5:35:14 PM   
Denniss

43-45 have been fixed in internal version .24, set to 1.0, 0.2 and 1.2 respectively.

(in reply to sjohnson)
Post #: 2
RE: supply requirements & support requirements - 12/26/2012 6:07:52 PM   
morvael

Funny thing, I have found out the same issue at nearly the same time:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3239416

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 3
RE: supply requirements & support requirements - 12/26/2012 6:12:43 PM   
morvael

How does your numbers relate to numbers found in generic data? I mean Ammo use and Fuel use.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
RE: supply requirements & support requirements - 12/26/2012 11:48:18 PM   
Joel Billings

For those testing WitW, much of this info is now directly visible in the editor (thanks to Pavel). Since the support info was visible in the editor, Jim Wirth was able to do a full review of the data (which was originally compiled by Gary many years ago) and made several adjustments for WitW.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> supply requirements & support requirements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI