Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I change a characters role?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How do I change a characters role? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I change a characters role? - 1/1/2013 6:38:20 PM   
Wipqozn

I can't seem to figure out how to change a characters role (say from Ambassador to Intelligence Agent). In particular I'm curious how I can assign a new leader (I'm a democratic government). I can't seem to find anything the galactopedia, but maybe I'm just missing it.

How do I change a characters role? How do I assign a new leader in a Democratic government?
Post #: 1
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/1/2013 7:16:54 PM   
Shuul

You cant change characters role, if he is ambassador, he cant be a spy.
As for selecting another new leader, you cant. Dude, its Democracy)) only your population can elect the new one, not you)

(in reply to Wipqozn)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/1/2013 7:46:06 PM   
Ralzakark

You can Dismiss a leader (or any other character) and hope for a better one. You will always get a new leader, but new spies, generals etc. may not appear for a while.

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/1/2013 9:48:33 PM   
Wipqozn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shuul

As for selecting another new leader, you cant. Dude, its Democracy)) only your population can elect the new one, not you)

I didn't think I could just choose a new leader, but I hoped I could at least force an election. The leader I started with has the Disliked trait, so it's currently resulting in -20% happiness to all my citizens.

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/1/2013 9:53:04 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wipqozn

quote:

I didn't think I could just choose a new leader, but I hoped I could at least force an election. The leader I started with has the Disliked trait, so it's currently resulting in -20% happiness to all my citizens.

Britain has that problem with the present goverment(s), we cant kick them out either

Darkspire

(in reply to Wipqozn)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/2/2013 12:58:09 PM   
Dd_01

quote:

Disliked trait, so it's currently resulting in -20% happiness

Man, it is far not the worst one. There was a thread about it somewhere.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/2/2013 5:31:27 PM   
jpwrunyan

quote:

quote:

As Ralzakark said, push the big button that says DISMISS. You'll get a new leader after that. You can dismiss any character you want, but only leaders get replaced immediately. After that there is a small waiting period while your government adjusts. Then, if that leader also sucks, you can boot him as well.

(in reply to Wipqozn)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/2/2013 7:33:21 PM   
ASHBERY76

I wish there was a simulated government like you get in EmpireTotalwar where the system is what lets you replace ministers.Sacking in DW is too easy and has no consequence,like money mid to late game.

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/3/2013 1:29:19 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76
I wish there was a simulated government like you get in EmpireTotalwar where the system is what lets you replace ministers.Sacking in DW is too easy and has no consequence,like money mid to late game.

Yeah, a recall election of a president in the United States would really be earth shaking...
I am not sure what no-confidence votes in Europe do, if they have the same kind of fall out.
But, here at this time and place, the United States would be shaking...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 9
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/3/2013 2:03:40 AM   
cpt_Venomous

Suppose you just send that leader to some dangerous invadable planet, or place your leader aboard ship, then scrap it.

"Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.'
- Lord General Zyvan

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 10
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/3/2013 6:08:03 AM   
jpwrunyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

It does have consequences depending upon your government type. Replacing your leader under despotism will upset your people. Even under the other government types, you may get a worse leader than the one you had and won't be able to dismiss him for a certain period of time either, which is certainly a de facto consequence.

I agree that the consequences could be more dramatic. It does feel like dismissing a leader in a democracy should be tantamount to a coup and force you into a non-democratic government, only letting you change your government type back after a while.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 11
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/4/2013 2:47:56 AM   
Wipqozn

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan

As Ralzakark said, push the big button that says DISMISS. You'll get a new leader after that. You can dismiss any character you want, but only leaders get replaced immediately. After that there is a small waiting period while your government adjusts. Then, if that leader also sucks, you can boot him as well.

Is the leader random for all government types, or do some give you the option to choose a specific leader from a list of potential leaders?

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 12
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/4/2013 3:32:32 AM   
feelotraveller

Random for all except the Gizureans who have a predestined leader.  Same damn queen every single game...

(in reply to Wipqozn)
Post #: 13
RE: How do I change a characters role? - 1/4/2013 3:53:35 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

I can't seem to figure out how to change a characters role (say from Ambassador to Intelligence Agent).

I do not think this can be done. I do not think you can change roles mid-game.
I actually create two different characters... say Amidala as a diplomat and a second Amidala as an Intell agent. For obvious reasons, I only do this with a few select characters...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Wipqozn)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How do I change a characters role? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI