Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI use of Troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> AI use of Troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI use of Troops - 1/5/2013 10:47:30 AM   
Tyrador

I have never experienced tense war with any AI, all wars look like small skirmishes. I tried to make mod which will force AI to have Total War.

But there is an issue, AI doesn't seem to use troops often. Almost all races in my mod have aggressive traits and conquest is a main condition for victory.

Can anyone share their experience on how often AI uses Troops to capture planets? Which mods they have you used?
Post #: 1
RE: AI use of Troops - 1/5/2013 11:59:06 AM   
Buio

No mods, and the AI invaded about 5 of my less defended planets when I started a war (for fun) with the two big factions. At other times it had problems, for example dumping troops on suicide missions (on a well defended planet where they cannot win and will not make a dent in the defense either).

I assume it will get much better with Shadows, as it brings a whole new level to invasion combat.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 2
RE: AI use of Troops - 1/26/2013 4:56:51 PM   
ASHBERY76

Change the A.I races policy ship ratios so they build more transports.

(in reply to Buio)
Post #: 3
RE: AI use of Troops - 1/26/2013 5:07:15 PM   
Shark7

Also be sure to add in the check box for Destroyers, Cruisers and Capital Ships to carry troops as well.

I have had the AI successfully invade a well defended planet before, but I generally play modded games.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 4
RE: AI use of Troops - 1/26/2013 5:39:26 PM   
shinobu

If you could get the AIs to attack planets that actually matter, that would be great. They never seem to go after my homeworld or some strategically important planet- they always seem to go for some remote, insignificant world. It's as thought they're just trying to be a pest, not a full-fledged enemy...

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 5
RE: AI use of Troops - 1/26/2013 5:56:47 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: shinobu

If you could get the AIs to attack planets that actually matter, that would be great. They never seem to go after my homeworld or some strategically important planet- they always seem to go for some remote, insignificant world. It's as thought they're just trying to be a pest, not a full-fledged enemy...

To invade a homeworld they need a huge amount of transports and a big fleet which is not a good plan for the A.I.I modded all the A.I races policies so they all use bombard weapons to help deal with heavily defended planets.

(in reply to shinobu)
Post #: 6
RE: AI use of Troops - 1/26/2013 6:23:26 PM   
tjhkkr

Well, the other thing is that if the AI is worth its salt, it will send a task force to battle your navy and then from there, if its task force is victorious, then send the Invasion Force.
That is what I do.
If you are kicking the snot out of their navy, you may not see an invasion fleet if the AI is thinking...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> AI use of Troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI