Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SL Mot unit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> SL Mot unit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SL Mot unit - 1/5/2013 11:26:04 PM   
Peltonx

This unit has been in back for a long time on refit and never goes above 8% toe.

I been using it to tag parts, but never seen at unit stuck at 8% this long, 4 turns.

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Post #: 1
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/5/2013 11:26:57 PM   
Peltonx

This is not my game vs MT so chill it MT fanboys hehehe

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 2
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 12:00:14 AM   
Denniss

What happens if you move it next to OKH and offload OKH from Rails?
No Armament points listed?

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 3
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 3:08:26 AM   
sjohnson

It is extremely odd that Slovakia has no armament points or arm production capability? That is probably why it is not equipping - the TOE doesn't call for but a few tanks at this point in 42 as I recall and with no arm points, no chance it will outfit any squads or guns. I suppose the only source is lending from Germany, but, Germany has to have excess arm points available.

Seems wrong to me - I recall in my 43 campaign that Slovakia had some inherent arm supply?

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 6:10:02 AM   
Seminole

41 Slov. Mobile Division ------------------- pool --- built
180 Rifle Squad ---------------------------------- 1 ------- 18
18 Combat Engineer Squad ------------------- zero --- 13
22 81mm Mortar --------------------------------- zero --- 13
40 37mm Anti-tank Gun (AT Gun) ------------- zero --- 6
12 20mm Anti-aircraft Gun (Light Flak)------- zero --- 4
4 88mm Anti-aircraft Gun (Medium Flak) ---- zero --- 1
12 75mm Mountain Gun (Artillery) ------------ zero --- 0
16 100mm Howitzer (Artillery) ---------------- zero --- 0
4 105mm Field Gun (Artillery) ----------------- 1 ------- 0
57 7.92mm Machine Gun (Machinegun) ----- zero --- 10
262 Support --------------------------------------- 402 --- 13

I notice a few strange things. Your pools of several weapon systems have zero builds, and other have very few builds while the pools are empty.
For some reason you don't have an armaments factory showing up for Slovakia, did it go away at some point?
You have zero units with LT-38's, yet you've produced 63 and have 85 in the pool.
You have one unit with LT-40's, and you've produced 40 with 34 in the pool.

I'm playing with version 1.06.19
When I look at my game against the AI as the Axis that is on turn 26 I have Slovakian pools of all weapon types, and production of them as well.
I have zero units with LT-38's, and have produced 25 with 75 in the pool.
I have zero units with LT-40's, and have produced 2 with 2 in the pool.

Slov. Mobile Bde starts with a TOE that includes 16 LT-38 and 7 LT-40, but changes in Jul '41 to not include this vehicle
Jul of '42 is when the Slov. Security Division gets 6 LT-40's
Jan of '43 the Slov. Security Division switches to 6 LT-38's
Jan of '43 the Slov. Mobile Division switches to an Inf Div with both LT-38 and LT-40.
Aug of '43 the Slov. Inf Division switches to no LT's

It appears in your game that the AI production got overly interested in building up the Slov. tanks at the expense of other weapon systems.
Odd that it doesn't shown an armaments factory for the Slovakians either.

(in reply to sjohnson)
Post #: 5
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 9:43:14 AM   
Peltonx

This is another game at basicly same point.

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 6
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 9:44:54 AM   
Peltonx

I have 4 GHC going 3 have armament pts and one doen't.

I am thinking its been like this from close to start of game.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 1/6/2013 9:45:34 AM >

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 7
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 10:35:47 AM   
Denniss

How many armament points has Germany in the problematic game? If their pool is drained they can't send anything to Slovakia.
The tanks are produced because Slov has some factories for them, the withdrawal of tanks and later re-equipment with them is based on historical actions.
In one of the next versions the mobile/fast division gets the tanks back in 11/42 instead of 1/43.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 8
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 12:53:37 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

How many armament points has Germany in the problematic game? If their pool is drained they can't send anything to Slovakia.
The tanks are produced because Slov has some factories for them, the withdrawal of tanks and later re-equipment with them is based on historical actions.
In one of the next versions the mobile/fast division gets the tanks back in 11/42 instead of 1/43.

Turn 60 I had 17,000 this turn I have (64) 78,000

So I have had extrat now for atleast 5 turns.

Not sure this is worth 2by3's effert at this point, wite is in the who cares pile of games now until witw is done.

I still think there is something wrong with axis allies I just have not been able to put my finger on it other then this minor problem.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 9
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 3:08:57 PM   
Seminole

quote:

This is another game at basicly same point.

That game shows an armaments pool of 3043 for Slovakia, whilst the earlier shows nothing on that line (not even zero).

quote:

Turn 60 I had 17,000 this turn I have (64) 78,000
So I have had extrat now for atleast 5 turns.

When I look at my game, which is on turn 26, I have over 10k Slovakian armaments in the pool.
Germans have over 220k armaments in the pool.

Are you 'fort spamming' in this game?
I wonder if maybe you're just running your arm pool too low and it is restricting the flow of arm points to allies (on top of which the Slovakians may be overbuilding tanks, which eat up arms).

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 10
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 5:54:39 PM   
Joel Billings

AFAIK, Slovakia has no armaments factories. That means they must get shipments from Germany. Don't recall the triggers for this, but if Germany is low, than Slovakia won't get armaments, and will only get what is scrapped. As long as the Armaments has 0 in the pool, and since none are ever built, the line doesn't show up (a line with all 0s is not displayed, IIRC). So only answer is to wait for German armaments to recover. Scrapping of some items can be delayed several months now due to recent (within last 3 months) changes, so this may be having an impact. No bug, just lack of armaments.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 11
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 6:33:36 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

AFAIK, Slovakia has no armaments factories. That means they must get shipments from Germany. Don't recall the triggers for this, but if Germany is low, than Slovakia won't get armaments, and will only get what is scrapped. As long as the Armaments has 0 in the pool, and since none are ever built, the line doesn't show up (a line with all 0s is not displayed, IIRC). So only answer is to wait for German armaments to recover. Scrapping of some items can be delayed several months now due to recent (within last 3 months) changes, so this may be having an impact. No bug, just lack of armaments.

There has never been a lack of armaments. Germany in this game has never been at 0 ever not a single turn.

There has been at least 10,000 in the pool and now 70,000.

Not sure why your ignoring the fact germany has never been low on armaments JB?

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 12
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 6:41:43 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

In the game vs Brian Germany has been at and is at ZERO armaments and Slov has 3k in pool.

In the game vs Bobo Germany has 70k and Slov has zero?

Your JB 100% wrong in this case and Semi is 100% right. The AI is building the wrong ****.

In one game its built 38 rifle squads (zero armaments in GHC pool) and the other 1(70k armaments in GHC pool).

I still 100% beleive that after the patch axis allies are not getting production right.

This is clearly screwed up.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Post #: 13
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 9:32:36 PM   
Seminole

quote:

There has never been a lack of armaments. Germany in this game has never been at 0 ever not a single turn.

He didn't write zero, he wrote:

quote:

Don't recall the triggers for this, but if Germany is low, than Slovakia won't get armaments, and will only get what is scrapped.

He did say that when zero armaments are in the pool the line doesn't display for the Axis Allies. I hadn't had that happen in my games, so it looked strange to me.

quote:

In one game its built 38 rifle squads (zero armaments in GHC pool) and the other 1(70k armaments in GHC pool).

You should have production each week of over 90k armaments in '42. If you have less than that in the pool you're living hand to mouth, and it is having an effect on Allies receiving armaments.
Did you spam forts in the game in question? I think perhaps you're forcing Speer to decide between sending MGs to forts, or sending some parts to Slovakia to outfit their meager forces.
It seems you're attempting to manage a 'just in time inventory' of armaments, and it's not working.
You might need to dial back TOE's, or build fewer units, to pool more arms - or accept the trade off.

Slovakia could still be building the wrong things with what they get, but we don't know how the Axis Allies prioritize production. If they're focused on making the tanks first, then using left overs for things lower down the production chart it may be there simply isn't enough left over each turn, and that's why you have scads of tanks but little to no production of other items.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 14
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 9:33:48 PM   
Joel Billings

At one time, IIRC, it took 100k in the German pool for a transfer to be made, at which point they would transfer 10k points. I could be way off on that, but I have some recollection of this. So yes, you could be too low in armaments, and yet at one time have had enough to transfer a bunch to Slovakia where that and scrapping (of which there could be less now in the short run) could result in having 3k in the pool in one game, and 0 in another.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 15
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 11:34:54 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

quote:

quote:

Don't recall the triggers for this, but if Germany is low, than Slovakia won't get armaments, and will only get what is scrapped.

He did say that when zero armaments are in the pool the line doesn't display for the Axis Allies. I hadn't had that happen in my games, so it looked strange to me.

quote:

You should have production each week of over 90k armaments in '42. If you have less than that in the pool you're living hand to mouth, and it is having an effect on Allies receiving armaments.
Did you spam forts in the game in question? I think perhaps you're forcing Speer to decide between sending MGs to forts, or sending some parts to Slovakia to outfit their meager forces.
It seems you're attempting to manage a 'just in time inventory' of armaments, and it's not working.
You might need to dial back TOE's, or build fewer units, to pool more arms - or accept the trade off.

Slovakia could still be building the wrong things with what they get, but we don't know how the Axis Allies prioritize production. If they're focused on making the tanks first, then using left overs for things lower down the production chart it may be there simply isn't enough left over each turn, and that's why you have scads of tanks but little to no production of other items.

Where do I find production output? I have an extra 15kish a turn for last 4 turns anyways.

Other allies have allot of armaments in there pools at this point.

I built very few forts in the game in question.

Again

The game with 0 armaments for Slavs I have 70k+ armaments in GHC pool and growing by 10k a turn. Other allies have extra armaments and men in pool. Only slavs have zero armaments.

The game with 3k armaments for slavs I have 0 arms in GHC pool and has been at 0 for months. Other allies have extra arms and men in pools.

Forts are not an issue in any game.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 16
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 11:36:20 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

At one time, IIRC, it took 100k in the German pool for a transfer to be made, at which point they would transfer 10k points. I could be way off on that, but I have some recollection of this. So yes, you could be too low in armaments, and yet at one time have had enough to transfer a bunch to Slovakia where that and scrapping (of which there could be less now in the short run) could result in having 3k in the pool in one game, and 0 in another.

Ok, not a big deal as I said.

I should be over 100k in german pool withen a few turns so I just track it and see. Other allies seem fine.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Post #: 17
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/6/2013 11:38:56 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

quote:

quote:

quote:

GHC production is only 28500 per turn as can bee seen, where did u come up with 90K?

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 18
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/7/2013 1:17:00 AM   
Seminole

quote:

GHC production is only 28500 per turn as can bee seen, where did u come up with 90K?

Back of the envelope after checking the manual instead of looking at the actual Eventlog. My bad. Too used to making 100k armaments with the Soviets so I didn't think about it being so far off.

In the manual it states: "Each Armament factory point will produce a notional 500 armament points at the cost of 100 tons of supplies."
But I'm certain that has been changed.

Trying to find what the current values are in the What's New I did come across this:

quote:

Rule Change – Germany will export 1000 armaments points in a turn to each Axis nation instead of 10000 points.

JB's part about a minimum level of German armaments to transfer to the Allies isn't anywhere that I can find, but that is info that would be good to know!
How many armaments do those tanks cost to build? If you've spent a lot of turns below the threshold for transfer it explains a lot, but it is only fair we have some idea what those thresholds are.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 19
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/7/2013 1:47:08 AM   
Peltonx

I have had extra armaments(german) for atleast 5 turns min so none are going to Slav land as zero squads are getting built.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 20
RE: SL Mot unit - 1/7/2013 8:44:23 AM   
Helpless

100K or more in German pool and <10K in nation pool to trigger ARM exports.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> SL Mot unit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI