Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

corrupted Oob?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> corrupted Oob? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
corrupted Oob? - 12/22/2002 7:28:36 PM   
BARKHORN

I have been playing H2H alot but wanted to try more pacific theatre op's so I fired up 7.1and tried" Brave Men at Betio" and found that my mg squad's all look like truck's so I tried "Taking Vire"and had the same result's.Did I somehow corrupt the oob?If so how do I fix it:(
Post #: 1
- 12/22/2002 8:00:15 PM   
Jim1954

H2H is a mod that works best with a new duplicate install of SPWAW. It modifies the OObs, among other things and that is probably why you now have 4 wheel drive infantry. Did you give H2H it's own installation or just imported it into your SPWAW files. If that's the case, then you will need to reinstall SPWAW, and to keep it clean and separate, you will need to rename the H2H version differently so that when you reinstall SPWAW, it won't go into the same directory as the H2H mod.

I hope this is not too vague but it's early.

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 2
- 12/22/2002 8:18:08 PM   
BARKHORN

I copied the sp-waw file and put it into a new folder that I named-sp-waw7.1 and deleted the oob's and the scen.and campaign's from the original and copied over it with H2H.The graphic's problem is with 7.1{I agree that H2H is superior to 7.1 I just have more scen.choices in 7.1-486 to be exact}but I just d/l'ed the newer oob's from steel panther world and think if I installed these it might solve the problem.Trouble is I can't remember messing with the oob's in my original:confused:

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 3
- 12/22/2002 8:37:42 PM   
BARKHORN

That didn't change a thing my mg squad's still look like truck's,I don't remember having this problem but then I've been using H2H for awhile now but have played the Betio scen.before,no truck's making infantry noises then :(

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 4
- 12/22/2002 10:11:54 PM   
tracer

Here's an easy way to check if you have the correct OOBs: Open Windows Explorer; at the top under 'VIEW' select 'Details'. Now open your main SPWAW folder and find the 28 OOB files.

If you have version 7.1 they should all be dated 4/7/02; if you have H2H they should have various dates during 8/02.

Jim NSB

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 5
- 12/23/2002 12:06:27 AM   
Bing

There is nothing wrong with the standard issue SPWAW, all the OOB's are correct, same for the .SHP files. The thing to do is make a new installation of the standard v7.1, in a folder all by itself. Then you will be able to play non-H2H scenarios without problems. Provided the scenarios themselves have been updated to 7.1, of course.

Copying the installation will copy the problem. Start fresh. Make sure the OOB's are no later than April 7 - believe the installation from Watchtower CD will give you a Feb. date for OOB's. The April 7 OOB set was a correction/update release.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 6
- 12/23/2002 12:19:47 AM   
BARKHORN

The thing is I made a copy of 7.1 and renamed it sp-waw7.1 then I deleted the oob's and scen.and camp.files from the version I copied{the original that I d/l'ed back in Jan.}and installed H2H into it everything work's properly in H2H the problem is the copy that I made and retitled sp-waw is the same version that I've used for the past 11month's and this problem did'nt exist before.And interestingly enough in the scen."Hellzapoppin'Ridge"and "A Marine Ordeal" the marine mg's appear as they should but in "Taking Viru" and "brave men on betio"they appear as truck's another interesting fact is that the mg's in Viru are Lmg's whereas the mg's in betio are Mmg's

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 7
- 12/23/2002 12:20:38 AM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B] The April 7 OOB set was a correction/update release.

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

You are correct sir; I should have said the 'current' OOBs have those dates. Thanks

Jim NSB

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 8
- 12/23/2002 12:24:31 AM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BARKHORN
[B]The thing is I made a copy of 7.1 and renamed it sp-waw7.1 [/B][/QUOTE]

When you say 'made a copy', do you mean you ran the game installer and created a new copy, or did you simply 'cut and paste' your exising files?

Jim NSB

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 9
- 12/23/2002 3:14:12 AM   
Redleg

Certain scenarios were created well before 7.1 and when these are played, problems occur such as the wrong icon.

Suggest quickly generating a battle and looking at icons there to see if things are screwed up..... or at least make sure the scenario is current.

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 10
- 12/23/2002 4:05:56 AM   
BARKHORN

yes I copied and pasted the files but I also realized that the two affected scen. came with the initial d/land that six other later scen.show the correct icon thank's redleg

(in reply to BARKHORN)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> corrupted Oob? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI