Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What would you like next?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> What would you like next? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What would you like next? - 8/23/2012 1:28:49 PM   
IainMcNeil

Hi guys,

we're running a poll here to find out where you think the series should go next.

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=36825

All feedback welcome!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Post #: 1
RE: What would you like next? - 8/23/2012 3:07:49 PM   
Josh

So the choice is; Western Allies
                       Soviets
                       No preference

My choice would be the Western Allies campaign.

Oh and please please all of the current DLC's available as *one* download and printed on *one* DVD. To avoid shipping costs see?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 2
RE: What would you like next? - 8/23/2012 5:42:19 PM   
Texican

Western Allies.

Also, maybe some more variation in the standard Afrika Korps game. Seems like the game either plays out like "the Story of the Afrika Korps" as in YOU WILL RETREAT DURING THIS SCENARIO, regardless of whether your just emerged from a Decisive Victory; it's in-the-script, YOU WILL RETREAT. And any variation is stuff like the extreme of invading India.

Saw a bit of this in the basic Panzer Corps. Either it's pretty much a string along history tour or you're invading America. How about some in-between.

Would like see a bit more of take ground/hold ground/retreat based upon actual results of the preceding scenario. The Desert War should play out like a see-saw back-and-forth based upon battle results, not predetermined scenarios.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: What would you like next? - 8/24/2012 9:54:20 AM   
IainMcNeil

As the missions are all hand crafted you have to have a limited number of ranches. If each mission linked to 2 possible outcomes it exponentially gets out of control and you just cant create the content. After 8 missions you'd need 256 scenarios, after 10 1024. You could have some re-linking in it but fundamentally you end up needed a vast a mount of content, most of which will never get seen by any player. This type opf free form campaign only really works with generated scenarios and then you cant have interesting objectives and they all end up being very samey as the AI cant be made to play differently and it all feels very generic.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 4
RE: What would you like next? - 8/25/2012 8:51:29 PM   
dsawan

West front but from German side. Invasion Normandy and Southern Europe. I would prefer a lot of D-day variations, esp if Rommel was given what he needed. Plus if Calis was th true objective and possibly Norway which Churchill proposed and declined by Roosevelt.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 5
RE: What would you like next? - 8/26/2012 2:52:03 PM   
dsawan

With Southern Europe, so many variations here. Obviously Sicily and Italy with the various defensive lines at Cassino and further north. But also, sardinia which could have been used as a staging area instead of Sicily for what-if's.

(in reply to dsawan)
Post #: 6
RE: What would you like next? - 8/26/2012 2:53:23 PM   
dsawan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_line

(in reply to dsawan)
Post #: 7
RE: What would you like next? - 8/29/2012 6:29:42 PM   
LeeChard

Soviets

(in reply to dsawan)
Post #: 8
RE: What would you like next? - 9/1/2012 1:49:32 AM   
Dragoon.

A random number generator that draws a new seed for each dice throw instead to apply one seed to all throws, thus avoiding grouped dice results.

Oh you didn't mean that? OK :)
Normally I would prefer a soviet campaign because they offer the same experience as the Germans. I mean a complete evolution in military technology. The units you start the war are completely different than with you end the war, which creates a lot of fun upgrading your units.
The western allies are a bit boring in this with their standardized chassis. However I grown weary of the color red.

The only sad thing is I doubt you will start the British campaign in France 1940 considering the battles would be or well should be ridicules hard.

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 9
RE: What would you like next? - 9/5/2012 1:01:41 PM   
balcazrvam

various defensive lines

(in reply to Dragoon.)
Post #: 10
RE: What would you like next? - 9/7/2012 7:47:14 AM   
Ralle

A bugfix for 1.10...I don`t like playing the game with this fu...ng strings bug anymore. Seems to be a big problem as they couldn`t fix it after a whole month.

(in reply to balcazrvam)
Post #: 11
RE: What would you like next? - 9/7/2012 1:25:28 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ralle

A bugfix for 1.10...I don`t like playing the game with this fu...ng strings bug anymore. Seems to be a big problem as they couldn`t fix it after a whole month.

That's not the reason.

(in reply to Ralle)
Post #: 12
RE: What would you like next? - 9/7/2012 2:14:15 PM   
Ralle

Maybe. But the point is at first you have perfect working program then comes another addon which you pay for and the before working parts are crippled...I think thats a little bit annoying...

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 13
RE: What would you like next? - 9/12/2012 7:59:20 PM   
jwduquette1

Korean War PG or Arab Israelis Wars PG

(in reply to Ralle)
Post #: 14
RE: What would you like next? - 9/15/2012 10:47:23 PM   
dsawan

'Nam after the West is done for ww2.

(in reply to jwduquette1)
Post #: 15
RE: What would you like next? - 9/26/2012 12:19:07 PM   
Lffvet2

I would prefer the Allies first, as I remember playing Allied General many years ago.
That could be followed by the Russians.
There could then be a natural progression onto the cold war, an Allies vs Russians, 'what if' as the number of games in this genre are not as extensive. It would also be a scenario makers' dream, being able to use a wealth of units from the more modern types to the WW2 vintage units.

(in reply to dsawan)
Post #: 16
RE: What would you like next? - 10/2/2012 5:03:43 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

As the missions are all hand crafted you have to have a limited number of ranches. If each mission linked to 2 possible outcomes it exponentially gets out of control and you just cant create the content. After 8 missions you'd need 256 scenarios, after 10 1024. You could have some re-linking in it but fundamentally you end up needed a vast a mount of content, most of which will never get seen by any player. This type opf free form campaign only really works with generated scenarios and then you cant have interesting objectives and they all end up being very samey as the AI cant be made to play differently and it all feels very generic.

Nuh uhhhh

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 17
RE: What would you like next? - 10/2/2012 5:04:22 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: dsawan

Nuh uhhhhh we want Pacific after the West.

(in reply to dsawan)
Post #: 18
RE: What would you like next? - 10/19/2012 1:17:23 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: dsawan

quote:

Nuh uhhhhh we want Pacific after the West.

In the name OF God, please Pacific.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 19
RE: What would you like next? - 10/19/2012 11:53:08 PM   
Dragoon.

Figuratively speaking I'm fighting World War II almost 4 times longer than the war itself lasted. That said I'm looking forward to Fantasy Corps and an end to the rule of the newly resurrected Shadowlord. This abscess on the world must be lanced with the keen blade of righteousness.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/fantasy-general

< Message edited by Dragoon -- 10/19/2012 11:54:09 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 20
RE: What would you like next? - 12/21/2012 2:10:29 PM   
chad.nikirk

Fantasy General was awesome! I would love to see something along those lines, but Pacific is what I want next!

(in reply to Dragoon.)
Post #: 21
RE: What would you like next? - 12/21/2012 3:10:18 PM   
dsawan

pacific after West '45

(in reply to chad.nikirk)
Post #: 22
RE: What would you like next? - 1/9/2013 4:27:18 AM   
brdrumz

I think the road is endless with various campaign and scenario options.

I'd even like to entertain the idea of starting as a country of YOUR choice and developing a system (campaign) that could enable you to invade whichever country you want, whenever you want. (until it's totally defeated.)

Example - Have the USA invade Canada in '39. Invade Mexico in '40.
(all the while, Euro countries are bolstering their defenses) Soon you have to trek across the seas to invade them.
The object would be: you could be one of any 15 or so countries. Pending on which country you decide to invade first, would dictate your next step. You can choose where to fight your battles, which countries to invade and in whatever order you wish to do it. (the opposing AI countries would build their defenses as time goes on and get stronger.) So if you invade a weak country first, you may sacrifice defeating a stronger country early on before they build up their strength.

It would be extensive, but offer many possibilities.
Then you could play as a tiny country ruler, and try to take over the world.
As you defeat countries, your NATIONS power gets stronger, prestige increases and amy becomes more powerful and inventive with new weapons.

If you lose battles...the war starts to move back towards your homeland and you have to play defense rather than offense. This would be a huge task for developers to undertake all the possibilities....but it makes WWII fighting new and exciting to think you can make all the decisions on where it goes and how it flows.

Just a long drawn out thought....(sorry)

:)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> What would you like next? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI