Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This game or Commander Great War? Please help me decide

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> This game or Commander Great War? Please help me decide Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This game or Commander Great War? Please help me decide - 1/8/2013 6:11:11 PM   
Antmf_slith

I am tossed between these two games. For those of you who have played both please let me know which had better AI which is more fun. I know it is set in different times but I am looking for a great grand strategy or RTS war game from either WW1 or WW2 and I have my eyes on both of these games. Most importantly which offers more realism? Thanks...
Post #: 1
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/9/2013 9:41:59 AM   
Wartath

If you want to play against AI, I would suggest to get this game. The AI in Commander the Great War lacks depth and usually surrenders about 1/3 into the game. But if you like to play multiplayer games, then I would suggest Commander. It really is a different game, when played against a human opponent.

But both are great games, so pick which one seems more interesting!

(in reply to Antmf_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/9/2013 11:45:53 AM   
VonManstein

If do you like play in MP (h2h), now, dónt buy CC PidF, because the lobby works bad. It´s impossible to play (game frozen, slowness, etc)

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

(in reply to Wartath)
Post #: 3
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/9/2013 12:40:08 PM   
Manu

not true for everybody... I have played several games without problems. But there are still problems for a few players

quote:

ORIGINAL: VonManstein

If do you like play in MP (h2h), now, dónt buy CC PidF, because the lobby works bad. It´s impossible to play (game frozen, slowness, etc)

(in reply to VonManstein)
Post #: 4
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/9/2013 2:03:33 PM   
VonManstein

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manu

not true for everybody... I have played several games without problems. But there are still problems for a few players

A few players only?, Sure?. I think there are a lot... and the lobby is empty of players...

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 5
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/9/2013 3:32:17 PM   
Manu

yes it is true I don't know the statistics and there is not a lot of people in the lobby. I must be lucky for once that I can play. I'm sorry for you that you are not able to play it as it is very entertaining. I hope that the next patch will resolve your problems... so I can beat you! ;)

(in reply to VonManstein)
Post #: 6
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/9/2013 4:45:27 PM   
Tac2i

If you like operational level warfare with some strategic elements I'd recommend that you take a look at Advanced Tactics Gold. It's random game generator is outstanding and provides lots of replayability.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 7
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/10/2013 6:53:34 PM   
Qwixt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wartath

If you want to play against AI, I would suggest to get this game. The AI in Commander the Great War lacks depth and usually surrenders about 1/3 into the game. But if you like to play multiplayer games, then I would suggest Commander. It really is a different game, when played against a human opponent.

But both are great games, so pick which one seems more interesting!

I am trying to decide on this as well. In the other forum (Commander), it seems some people are getting a good challenge from the AI, and my general impression from reading the forum is that the AI is fairly good. Don't know what to think really. I wish there was a video on youtube of the gameplay.

(in reply to Wartath)
Post #: 8
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/10/2013 7:49:08 PM   
VonManstein

Of course, at your orders, but if they don´t repair the lobby or restablish the old ip conecciont, it coul be impossible for me.

(in reply to Manu)
Post #: 9
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/10/2013 8:50:25 PM   
JiminyJickers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

... I wish there was a video on youtube of the gameplay.

Yeah, I'm waiting for someone to do a lets play or something before I'm ready to throw down the cash.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 10
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/10/2013 10:54:44 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

There are a goodly number of PitF gameplay videos on Youtube when I search. I think he was asking about CTGW gameplay vids, which don't seem to exist - perhaps because of its different gameplay pace.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 11
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/10/2013 11:03:44 PM   
Qwixt

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

There are a goodly number of PitF gameplay videos on Youtube when I search. I think he was asking about CTGW gameplay vids, which don't seem to exist - perhaps because of its different gameplay pace.

Cheers

Pip

Yep, we are talking CTGW. I think the newness is the reason. I've dropped CTGW from consideration as I don't think CTGW is quite ready yet from what I read in the forum. So I will pick up CC:TLD or PitF.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 12
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/11/2013 2:57:39 AM   
mooxe

I have never had much of a challenge from the AI in any CC version. Its common for the AI to launch piecemeal attacks, deploy AT guns behind houses, make super bonehead moves on the strategic level. Very simple to surround and cut off most AI battlegroups. Theres been many forum topics on how to make the AI better and those conversations revolve around crippling yourself to give the AI more of a chance. Most of the challenges I get from the AI are when I have advanced so far and my troops become spread out, it becomes a bit more difficult to stop some of thier movements.

Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 13
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/11/2013 5:13:41 PM   
Stwa

That's because mooxe has never played CCMT against the AI. Here the AI might hide indefinately and ambush your teams every time you try to move them 40 meters, basically shooting one guy at a time. And actually, in many instances, the attacker always needs more men or better morale, experience, and weapons, even when fighting against the AI. Its really doesn't take a robust computer program to get an AI that never moves, always hides, and does nothing but try to ambush your teams.

(in reply to mooxe)
Post #: 14
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/11/2013 8:03:08 PM   
JiminyJickers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

Cheers

Pip

Yep, we are talking CTGW. I think the newness is the reason. I've dropped CTGW from consideration as I don't think CTGW is quite ready yet from what I read in the forum. So I will pick up CC:TLD or PitF.

Oops, yeah, me too. Was talking about Commander. There is a duplicate thread on the Commander forums and I thought I was replying to that.

I'm interested in this one too, but will wait until the pathfinding problems have had a good looking at.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 15
RE: This game or Commander Great War? Please help me de... - 1/11/2013 9:44:37 PM   
Southernland

quote:

ORIGINAL: JiminyJickers

I'm interested in this one too, but will wait until the pathfinding problems have had a good looking at.

Done, my boxed version has just arrived, DLed and installed the lastest patch and pathfinding is working well

(in reply to JiminyJickers)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> This game or Commander Great War? Please help me decide Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI