Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR - H2H Conversion of BryanMelvin's Revised Stalingrad Campaign - AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> AAR - H2H Conversion of BryanMelvin's Revised Stalingrad Campaign - AAR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR - H2H Conversion of BryanMelvin's Revised Stalingra... - 12/25/2002 11:25:08 AM   
Static

When BryanMelvin finished converting his fantastic reworked Stalingrad Campaign to H2H, I scrapped my 7.1 Campaign and started over with the H2H mod :cool:

My forces are as follows-

the regular Heer infantry company has too many platoons to be transported on the 4-Halftrack platoons issued in the Camp, so i was "forced" (riiiiight) to take an SS Grenadier company

I have:

1 Kommandeur

1 Company Commander
3 Platoons SS Shuetzen (1 Zugtrupp, 3 Squads Shuetzen)
1 Platoon MG Support (4 Squads of MG34 troops, 9 men/squad)

1 section StuGIIIE Assault Guns (infantry support)

1 short platoon AFVs (2 PzIVf, 2 PzIVf2 ("s" upgunned long barrel 75mm))

1 full platoon AFVs (5 PzIIIj ("s" upgunned long barrel 50mm))

1 platoon FO/Recon (2 PSW-232 FU, 2 SPW 250/9)

1 platoon artillery support (4 81mm Moerser squads, 40 rnds each) -> will be upgraded to SP mortars

1 platoon artillery transport (4 SPW-250/1) -> AFTER the mortars are upgraded to SPs, these will be upgraded to something, depends on what I feel I need)

1 platoon SPAA (4 SPW-251/17, halftrack mounted 20mm, carry capacity 4)

1 platoon infantry recon (3 Spaeher Troops, 1 Sniper) -> will be upgraded to Spec Op troops eventually

Support Units: (intended to protect my convoy from partisans while my armor & 1st platoon of infantry are clearing the route)
1 platoon infantry recon (3 2-man Spaeher units)
2 squads cavalry

-----
Pretty straightforward map...get the convoy through....I'll be brushing the partisans aside and moving on the next map in good time

http://www.forkinhand.com
Post #: 1
- 12/25/2002 11:26:06 AM   
Static

oh yeah....i almost forgot

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! :)

(in reply to Static)
Post #: 2
Re: AAR - H2H Conversion of BryanMelvin's Revised Stali... - 12/26/2002 12:15:51 PM   
wulfir

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Static
[B]I'll be brushing the partisans aside and moving on the next map in good time [/B][/QUOTE]

hehe... confidence a la Waffen SS...:D ;)

Semper in Primis

(in reply to Static)
Post #: 3
problem identified with 2nd battle - 12/27/2002 1:14:49 PM   
Static

hey there BryanMelvin

I'm just starting the second battle...and I couldn't help but notice that the Valentine tanks dug in at the first (nameless) village show up as armor-less infantry squads armed with machine guns and 2 pounder cannons!

is this a conflict between the original 7.1 oobs used to design/revise your campaign and the new H2H oobs? its not the end of the world....just thought you'd want to know so you could remedy it

also, the 2 AUX SPAA HTs are SdKfz 251/17s by the looks of their info screens, armament, and icons, but they're labeled SdKfz 1/7 (IIRC)

hope this helps improve your already fantastic campaign :)

(in reply to Static)
Post #: 4
Re: problem identified with 2nd battle - 12/29/2002 12:55:01 AM   
BryanMelvin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Static
[B]hey there BryanMelvin

I'm just starting the second battle...and I couldn't help but notice that the Valentine tanks dug in at the first (nameless) village show up as armor-less infantry squads armed with machine guns and 2 pounder cannons!

is this a conflict between the original 7.1 oobs used to design/revise your campaign and the new H2H oobs? its not the end of the world....just thought you'd want to know so you could remedy it

also, the 2 AUX SPAA HTs are SdKfz 251/17s by the looks of their info screens, armament, and icons, but they're labeled SdKfz 1/7 (IIRC)

hope this helps improve your already fantastic campaign :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Panzer Leo converted the scenarios to H2H. This is an OOB bug - just keep playing and let Panzer Leo know about this and what ever else you run accross :eek:

(in reply to Static)
Post #: 5
Re: problem identified with 2nd battle - 12/29/2002 1:37:39 AM   
BryanMelvin

Here is the fixed scenario battle - Please keep me informed of anything else you may find. Panzer Leo may have missed a few oob changes :(

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Static)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> AAR - H2H Conversion of BryanMelvin's Revised Stalingrad Campaign - AAR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI