Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Largest .REC file ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Largest .REC file ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Largest .REC file ? - 2/7/2001 7:44:00 PM   
Cona

13.718.884 bytes playing the scenario "A Bridge too Far" (M4 Jess Housley) by e-mail. Compressed 97% to 398.124 bytes. Saludos a todos, Cona.

"War is much too serious to be entrusted to the military." - Tallyrand
Post #: 1
- 2/7/2001 8:06:00 PM   
Fuerte2

quote:

Originally posted by Cona: 13.718.884 bytes playing the scenario "A Bridge too Far" (M4 Jess Housley) by e-mail. Compressed 97% to 398.124 bytes.
Wow! Then the 20 MB limit is not too big after all. And think what if it would be encrypted, so that it would not compress...

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 2
- 2/7/2001 9:07:00 PM   
Kharan

Jesus! How many shots were fired?

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 3
- 2/8/2001 7:30:00 AM   
Cona

quote:

Originally posted by Kharan: Jesus! How many shots were fired?
... a few dozens i think, but it's a huge map and lots of troops.

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 4
- 2/8/2001 7:56:00 AM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Cona: ... a few dozens i think, but it's a huge map and lots of troops.
Having and moving a lot of troops shouldn't add anything to the VCR anymore. I asked because I figured you'd have to had at least 2-300 firings to go to 13MB. I tried that scenario, moved most of the troops, got shot about 40 times and still got less than a 2MB rec file. Could have been a fluke, that 13MB. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited February 08, 2001).]

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 5
- 2/8/2001 9:26:00 AM   
Cona

quote:

Originally posted by Kharan: [B] I tried that scenario, moved most of the troops, got shot about 40-50 times and still got less than a 2MB rec file. Could have been a fluke, that 13MB. [B]
I think not. Previous turn .REC file was 12MB size uncompressed. I think you can reach this size firing one unit once and then moving to the next, firing again, moving units later, firing again, etc. I think moving units increase the .REC file if it works like a VCR, because you need the data from the surroundings. So if you fire and move your REC increase in size more than if you fire twice or more times and complete your movement before or later. Anyway, i counted the shots but bored near number 100. Saludos a todos, Cona.

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 6
- 2/8/2001 1:35:00 PM   
Fuerte2

quote:

Originally posted by Cona: I think moving units increase the .REC file if it works like a VCR, because you need the data from the surroundings. So if you fire and move your REC increase in size more than if you fire twice or more times and complete your movement before or later.
I think that you are correct. This is exactly how I think that it works. Bigger maps and more units will result in bigger .REC files. I think.

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 7
- 2/8/2001 6:39:00 PM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Cona: Anyway, i counted the shots but bored near number 100.
Yeah, that sounds more like it (than few dozens). In my test, 50 shots was equal to 2.85MB so, 100, 5.7MB 200, 11.4MB

(in reply to Cona)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Largest .REC file ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI