Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

88's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> 88's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
88's - 2/7/2013 10:40:09 AM   
timoshuk

Hi Folks,

Just finished another run thru of the GC. Far less problems since the last patch - with the exception of my strongest allied unit showing up back in Eindhoven while all the real action was kicking off. Surely that needs a fix?

My problem is this tho - how has it been possible to render the German 88 gun so utterly ineffective in this game? Surely the scourge of the battlefield needs a bit of an upgrade to realistically reflect their potential?. They can be shot by Shermans from 600 m, shelled by mortars or suppressed by machine gun fire without hitting a target. They can't set up in trees and always present a large target. Would it be too late to give this a general tweek in the any future updates (if there will be any)? If not, how can I manually change the characteristics of the weapon for future contests?

Regards, Tim
Post #: 1
RE: 88's - 2/8/2013 7:53:00 PM   
WoT

Interesting counter post at CCS

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=68679#68679

why do alot of people think they should be extremly hard to see?

In COI ive had recon under 100 meters still invisible and REAL RED is worse.

we are talking a 1500+ lbs gun. some say it could be camoflauged i say artillery camo is primarily for air recon. you can tell its a big ass man made object that is throwing some big ass rounds out.

This is close combat people, an american soldier qualifies at 300 meters with a m16 i qualified at 1 mile with a m2 50 cal yet they cant see the at gun? granted it should and would prob get thefirst shot but to stay invisibe as if it had some sort of star trek cloaking devise WTF!

the creaters need to keep it realistic cc2 was a simulation but the later u go it fills more arcade im not sure about cc 4,5 and the remakes but the russian front is rediculous right now cc3 regular seems it could be a good sim but cant find anyone to play regular everyone is rr or coi.

(in reply to timoshuk)
Post #: 2
RE: 88's - 3/10/2013 1:39:38 AM   
STIENER

my 2 cents......i agree that something needs to be done with the effectiveness of all a/t guns in LSA. the 88 needs to be more accurrate at least, but all a/t guns in LSA are almost useless. the only guns that stand a bit of a chance are the small ones that can fit in buildings. the allies have the edge here as the 57 mm and 6 pdr fit in buildings and the german 75 mm does not.....the german 50 mm does.

WOT....yes a Flak 88 is a big ass gun, that being said, usually a/t guns in general are dug in and have some measure of protection. not always ill agree on that, but rally a/t guns in LSA are not worth the points and thus the germans get screwed over in defense because of it. they have presious little to work with as it is as far as A/T capibility in LSA for some reason. its sure not historical IMO.

(in reply to WoT)
Post #: 3
RE: 88's - 9/25/2013 12:10:50 AM   
thesock

The 88 flak had great success in Operation Goodwood in Normandy (and the Wetern Desert). The surviving Brittish tank crews complained that at no time could they tell where the AT guns were firing from. This is because the guns were engaging at ranges up to 2000m. In CC the maps are around 600/700m. At that range the 88s would have pulled back to a new location.

So really it's a case of the wrong weapon for this type of scenario. Dump it out of the abs file and replace it with 50 or 75mm guns. I remember in one mod a few years ago there was a plugin that allowed 75mm guns to go in buildings and hedges, and they were invisible beyond 30m untill they fired. Could do with that for all versions. Though in recent versions the trend seems to be more small rooms in the buildings, which prevents gun placement within.

In reality guns were seldom in building as buildings draw fire. But for game play some sort of protection is needed, seeing as the game does'nt allow you to dig it in so the barrel just clears the ground, and camm it up so you can't see it from 30m away.

The German 75mm AT gun was formidable when dug in and cammed up, but none of the CCs have quite managed to protray that in game. You can up their protection so they stay in the fight longer.

Also in some versions you can place them behind a hedge so your sight line is dark green. This allows you to bang away without getting spotted. Being a dark green line means your shots are not so accurate, but you get more shots of undetected.

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> 88's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI