Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone Still mess with Maximum?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Anyone Still mess with Maximum? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 2/5/2013 3:45:27 PM   
Mrgravyard50

Been a Long time and thought I would see if ANYONE still plays around with this game.
Im hit and miss and well with other games.
Shame David didnt follow up with the game.
Oh what could have been...
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 2/7/2013 8:32:53 PM   
Mrgravyard50

WOW, 35 looks but no answers...
Ok, then WHY doesnt anyone play this anymore?

(in reply to Mrgravyard50)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 2/12/2013 4:24:20 PM   
Magnum357

Well, let me ask you this. Have you been able to get the game running on the new equipment? If I don't use Windows 98/XP, I can't get it to run on any other Microsoft OS these days. I bet David has to build the game from the ground up again with new directX syntax protocals now. The newest version of Micrsoft DirectX is nowhere near like the DirectX Syntax Win98/XP used.

Just trust me on this.

Post #: 3
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 2/13/2013 1:10:12 PM   
Mrgravyard50

Well On my Laptop which has Windows 7 it runs fine.. On my Desktop which has Windows XP it doesnt.. and its an older PC I picked up from Ebay..
As for me, I want a Game Like Fb Pro 98 with Better grafics..
Maximum just has to many issues, I use Hacks Playbooks which are nice but the game still if goofy, Wr's left open, calls time outs one right after the other.
Sad I WANTED so much for Maximum to work.. but..

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 2/28/2013 6:50:49 PM   
Mrgravyard50

WOW Sad how ALL the love and hard work that people put into the game is done.

Post #: 5
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 4/21/2013 1:11:20 AM   
Brockleigh

Hey Mrgravyard50,

I'm still playing thisd quite a bit, making new playbooks and tooling around with making new Stadiums. This game will never get old for me.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

Post #: 6
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 4/29/2013 5:03:49 AM   
Mrgravyard50

Glad to Hear it Brock.. When I read all the posts here and see how much HARD work so many put into the game seems a shame few play it.. On this PC I have windows XP and the grafics card sucks (intergrated) so I can only get 2.70 to work. On my laptop with windows 7, it sometimes runs right and sometimes not.. So I can understand the issues some have.
Question, if I were to make a league of Last years NFL, if just simming a season would I get close to the same results of the 2012 nfl season? Or at least some of the playoff teams?
Of course using Good playbooks and good editing of the players..

< Message edited by Mrgravyard50 -- 4/29/2013 12:35:58 PM >

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 5/26/2013 2:21:24 AM   
Brockleigh

Sorry it's taken so long to respond...

If you were to make an NFL league, creating all the rosters as accurately as possible (and that's no small feat), using Hack's playbooks (he's created the best 11-man playbooks out there), you would probably have a fair representation of the 2012 season, yes. Not an exact replica by any means, but the results, I would say would not be wildly dissimilar to how the year played out.

To give a very small example, I ran a Grey Cup simulation before the CFL Championship Games in 2007 and 2012 (PC issues prevented me from playing in the interim).

The 2007 Grey Cup simulation had the Saskatchewan Rough Riders defeating the Winnipeg Blue Bombers 22-19
Actual final score of the 2007 Grey Cup: Saskatchewan Rough Riders 23, Winnipeg Blue Bombers 19.

The 2012 Grey Cup simulation had the Toronto Argonauts defeating the Calgary Stampeders, 47-7.
Actual final score of the 2012 Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts 35, Calgary Stampeders 22.

So, yes, if you can take the time to do the rosters, the game can do an accurate job of emulating the real life game. That said the time it took me to create and tweak the real rosters for eight CFL teams was six weeks. I can't imagine how long it would take to do thirty-two teams.

Post #: 8
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 5/26/2013 2:41:12 AM   
Brockleigh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mrgravyard50

Well On my Laptop which has Windows 7 it runs fine.. On my Desktop which has Windows XP it doesnt.. and its an older PC I picked up from Ebay..
As for me, I want a Game Like Fb Pro 98 with Better grafics..
Maximum just has to many issues, I use Hacks Playbooks which are nice but the game still if goofy, Wr's left open, calls time outs one right after the other.
Sad I WANTED so much for Maximum to work.. but..

If wide receivers are left open, then use the player editor to change the speed values of the receivers, tight ends and backs on the team so that no two players have the same speed value. Most playbooks will make their man-to-man coverage assignments based on a ranking of the offensive players speed ratings. If two players have the same speed rating, then one of them will end up double covered and the other wide open.

It's a little time consuming, but you'd be surprised what a difference it makes in the realism afterwards.

Post #: 9
RE: Anyone Still mess with Maximum? - 5/27/2013 3:31:38 AM   
Mrgravyard50

Thanks so Much..
Just moved to Columbus ohio from Orlando Florida and started working and moved in to an apartment.
So to busy right now to mess with the game,,, BUT I CANT WAIT to get started!!
Thanks again!!!

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Anyone Still mess with Maximum? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI