Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Paper manual?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Paper manual? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paper manual? - 12/27/2002 3:47:55 PM   
mholmgren

I got this game for Christmas and it looks quite impressive, like a cross of Carriers at War and Guadalcanal from the old Apple IIe days.

However, I would really like to have a printed manual rather than the pdf. Is there any way to get one without printing one myself (at considerable cost, considering the size of the manual and cost of ink)?

Please let me know if there is.

Thanks,
Mark
Post #: 1
Paper Manual - 12/27/2002 8:18:19 PM   
tanjman

mholmgren,

Check out the Matrix Doc center at:

http://www.matrixgames.com/insidemg/kinkos.php

I haven't tried it yet because I'm happy with the PDF but from what I understand this is a cheap way to go.

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to mholmgren)
Post #: 2
- 1/4/2003 5:47:51 AM   
snowman

To bad you can't have it done by the local Kinkos this way. I'd do it if it was done locally.

United States Navy 1979-1982
Aviation Machinists Mate 2nd Class
VT-23, HS-1, USS Carl Vinson CVN70 (Plank Owner)

(in reply to mholmgren)
Post #: 3
Re: Paper Manual - 1/4/2003 1:27:11 PM   
Matt Erickson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tanjman
[B]mholmgren,

Check out the Matrix Doc center at:

http://www.matrixgames.com/insidemg/kinkos.php

I haven't tried it yet because I'm happy with the PDF but from what I understand this is a cheap way to go. [/B][/QUOTE]

hoow much they charging?

(in reply to mholmgren)
Post #: 4
Re: Re: Paper Manual - 1/4/2003 8:26:44 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt Erickson
[B]hoow much they charging? [/B][/QUOTE]

[list]
  • $2.95* Standard 3-hole punch for 3-ring binder (not included). Black and white.
  • $4.41* Comb-style bind allows for easy addition and removal of pages. Printed B&W cardstock cover.
  • $6.05* Coil Bind - Crush-resistant bind allows book to lie flat. Color cover with clear acetate, black vinyl back.
    [/list]

* excludes tax and shipping

(in reply to mholmgren)
  • Post #: 5
    - 1/4/2003 8:27:24 PM   
    Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by snowman
    [B]To bad you can't have it done by the local Kinkos this way. I'd do it if it was done locally. [/B][/QUOTE]

Why don´t you order online ?

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 6
    - 1/4/2003 11:20:10 PM   
    Cap Mandrake

As UV has become a religious experience for me, I ordered the hand-scribed version in the original Hebrew with pop-up ship and aircraft profiles $289. The quality is superb, but I had to hire a Talmudic scholar to help with the translations.

Hey Matrix...here's an idea..how about a 3' by 4' plastic covered map of the UV battle area (suitable for an easel) so I can take a compass to it and mark it up with a wax pencil to plot TF positions? I might need a disclaimer letter though, so I don't get hauled away to the looney farm....something like:

"We, the producers of Uncommon Valor, hereby declare that ________ (enter name) does indeed know that he or she (not likely) is not ___ Admiral Nimitz or ___Admiral Yamamoto. Long periods of apparent catatonia in front of a computer monitor or the wearing of period uniforms DOES NOT signify mental illness. Similarly, the muttering or shouting of odd phrases (eg., "fast transport *@*##" or "G** D*** Argonaut") while asleep or awake, does not require psychotropic medication. The bearer of this disclaimer is merely engaged in recreation.

Thank You;

Matrix Games"

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 7
    Kinko's - 1/5/2003 7:11:36 AM   
    smithmr

If you want to have your local Kinko's print the manual you should be able to take the game disk down and they will be able to do a manual for you. There is a Kinko's labeled file for the Manual.

Mark

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 8
    - 1/5/2003 8:43:47 AM   
    SoulBlazer

I also have a black and white ring bunder extra UV Manual I'm trying to get rid off -- they sent it to me by accident. Just pay me $5 to cover my shipping and mailing costs for the USA or Canada.

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 9
    - 1/6/2003 2:51:12 AM   
    eMonticello

[QUOTE]Originally posted by snowman
    [B]To bad you can't have it done by the local Kinkos this way. I'd do it if it was done locally. [/B][/QUOTE]

Although it was sometime ago, I went on the Kinkos website and sent the pdf to them for duplication. It cost about $10 and I picked it up at the local Kinkos within two hours or so.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. -- Pudd'nhead Wilson

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 10
    - 1/6/2003 3:28:51 AM   
    David Heath

In the next two weeks we will have an option in our Kinkos store to do both mail and Kinkos store pickup.

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 11
    - 1/6/2003 10:32:53 AM   
    PzB74

Just visited my fathers Canon LBP-660 laser printer!
    Didn't cost me a dime....:D

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 12
    - 1/18/2003 7:59:50 AM   
    danielr_g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
    [B]In the next two weeks we will have an option in our Kinkos store to do both mail and Kinkos store pickup. [/B][/QUOTE]

How do I do this? I called them up and they said it was 8 bucks for 3 hole punched 70 page file. The same online is 3. But I do not see anyway to change the printing store from the one on the page (NYC was it?). I'd like to pay the 3 bucks (plus tax I guess) and just pick it up as opposed to waiting the 3 days for them to print it in NY, then wait another 3 or 4 days for them to mail it.

That Dan Guy

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 13
    - 1/18/2003 8:01:50 AM   
    danielr_g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by danielr_g
    [B]How do I do this? I called them up and they said it was 8 bucks for 3 hole punched 70 page file. The same online is 3. But I do not see anyway to change the printing store from the one on the page (NYC was it?). I'd like to pay the 3 bucks (plus tax I guess) and just pick it up as opposed to waiting the 3 days for them to print it in NY, then wait another 3 or 4 days for them to mail it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, it hasn't been two weeks yet, has it? Not since you posted that it would be two weeks until this was an option was available.

Alright, maybe I'll just have to have it mailed to me so I can get it by the time this is an option :D

That Dan Guy

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 14
    - 1/18/2003 9:04:42 AM   
    David Heath

Kinkos is working on this .... they do not always move as fast as I would like.

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 15
    Thanks for Nothin' - 1/18/2003 10:20:52 AM   
    Grumbling Grogn

:)

Seriously,

I would like to thank Matrix for not including a printed manual in UV.

I am well aware of the economics of publishing a PC game such as UV. I am equally aware of the economics of having a printed manual. I for one would rather pay $5-10 less and have the manual on pdf. The Kinkos option is just extra.

Maybe we should start a poll on who would pay $5-10 extra for a printed manual included in WitP. ;)

The Grumbling Grognard

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 16
    Re: Thanks for Nothin' - 1/19/2003 9:28:32 AM   
    mbatch729

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grumbling Grogn
    [B]Maybe we should start a poll on who would pay $5-10 extra for a printed manual included in WitP. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

[B]NO!!!![/B] A thousand times no!!! Kill this thread now. Please. If you'd really like to find out everyone's opinion, please search the forum for those threads about a UV Manual. There was a quite exhaustive discussion reguarding this. :p

Later,
    FC3(SW) Batch
    USS Iowa

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 17
    - 1/19/2003 10:06:37 AM   
    siRkid

[QUOTE]
    Hey Matrix...here's an idea..how about a 3' by 4' plastic covered map of the UV battle area (suitable for an easel) so I can take a compass to it and mark it up with a wax pencil to plot TF positions? [/B][/QUOTE]

In the Manual sub-directory there is a poster size map file that you can get printed out. UV - Poster Map.pdf

Rick

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 18
    - 1/19/2003 10:10:22 AM   
    siRkid

For fun look at the map I printed out for WITP.

No its not for sale!;)

Attachment (1)

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to mholmgren)
    Post #: 19
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Paper manual? Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI