Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games products are now available at these retail stores

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Games products are now available at these retail stores Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games products are now available at these retail... - 12/11/2002 7:41:14 PM   
Marc von Martial

Hi guys,

I´m pround to announce that our products are now also available at these retail stores:

Electronic Boutique
Game Stop
Software Etc.
Babbages

The online shops of the above companies sell our games of course too.

David asked me to post that we here at Matrix Games would like to thank you our customers and gamers for making this possible!

Cheers

Post #: 1
- 12/11/2002 10:16:33 PM   
brent_2

I was in EB here in Pittsburgh yesterday and saw a copy of Uncommon Valor on the shelf - I turned it so it was face out instead of sideways (put it on top of a box for MOHAA I think :) )

Unfortunately I have to wait until after the holidays before I buy myself any more games :(

This is great news - more exposure for Matrix!!

I'm essentially graphically and history oriented, unfortunately to connect the two I have to do maths. I hate maths.
CSO_Brent

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 2
- 12/12/2002 12:52:13 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Yep....We got a shipment in yesterday....whever someone brings a ****ty game up to buy im going to say "wouldnt you like a nice new shiny uncommon valor instead?"

Buying it straight from your guys is better isnt it?

If I buy it from your website dont you take in more profit than by buying from the middle man?

Post #: 3
- 12/12/2002 1:56:23 AM   
David Heath

Yes its better to buy direct. But at this time we are completly out of games and we do not see us getting anymore games until Jan 03. So PLEASE go to retail stores and grab a copy of our games. Let them know your feelings on the game on your next visit.

Thank you to everyone for your support.

David Heath

PS Did you get any Starships Unlimited instock???

Post #: 4
- 12/12/2002 2:11:23 AM   
Fallschirmjager

[QUOTE]Yes its better to buy direct. But at this time we are completly out of games and we do not see us getting anymore games until Jan 03. So PLEASE go to retail stores and grab a copy of our games. Let them know your feelings on the game on your next visit. [/QUOTE]

Trust me id love to buy a game but its the holiday season and strapped for cash.

But rest assured I will pick up a copy of UC from the store or your website.

[QUOTE]PS Did you get any Starships Unlimited instock???[/QUOTE]

Umm...It wasnt my day to unpack games so...I dont know...

We put them on our new realese shelf.....I didnt see starship.....but that doesnt mean it wasnt there...Im more interested in UC so I really didnt look...but im going to work here in a few hours so Ill take a good look and report back.

Im gona do everything I can to push these games.
Ive already got a promise from the store manager to give it a spin.

Post #: 5
- 12/12/2002 2:16:34 AM   
Fallschirmjager

And oh btw...

Dont buy from gamestop or babbages....they are evil and support terrorism...

Buy only from EB....american owned and operated

:D :D :D

Ok im done...

Post #: 6
Question About Retail Products - 12/12/2002 11:37:45 AM   
Synicism

Is the retail version the same thing I can order online? Does the retail version come with a printed manual or just a jewel case in a box?

Post #: 7
- 12/12/2002 9:54:31 PM   
Culiacan Mexico

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
[B]And oh btw...

Dont buy from gamestop or babbages....they are evil and support terrorism...

Buy only from EB....american owned and operated

:D :D :D

Ok im done... [/B][/QUOTE]:D

"If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lig

Post #: 8
Re: Question About Retail Products - 12/12/2002 10:07:15 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Synicism
[B]Is the retail version the same thing I can order online? Does the retail version come with a printed manual or just a jewel case in a box? [/B][/QUOTE]

The retail version and the online version (once were in stock again :D) are the v2.0 of Uncommon Valor and v2.0 of Starships Unlimited. They both come in brandnew packaging and with a printed "Player Guide" and the full manual as PDF on the CD.

For a printed full version of the manual (those huge 130 pages+ ones) you can check our DocCenter, we working together with Kinkos which will provide you with an extremly affordable nice printed version of the full manual.

Post #: 9
- 12/16/2002 5:55:49 AM   
Sgt.Striker

these avlablee at EB in Canada too?

Nemo me Impune Lassit
(no one provokes me with Impunity)

Motto of the Black Watch

Post #: 10
Other titles - 12/18/2002 1:22:21 PM   
Ironfist

I was wondering if any of your Mega-campaign will be sold retail ?
:)

Waffen Soldat Hesselbrock
11th SS Freiwilligen Nordland Div.
23rd SS PzrGdr. Reg. Norge.
7th Kompanie 1st Zug.

Post #: 11
Re: Other titles - 12/27/2002 6:16:39 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ironfist
[B]I was wondering if any of your Mega-campaign will be sold retail ?
:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I can answer that. MCWT 1942 is on the shelves at Stockmann's, in Finland. Price is 31,90 euros.

Post #: 12
Available at Stores - 12/30/2002 11:08:03 AM   
dail

I'd been eyeing Uncommon Valor for a while, but confess to not being "motivated" enough to order it online. I found a copy in CompUSA and purchased it. Being a Grigsby (and Jim Dunnigan board game) fan from way back, I find it to be in the true spirit of his earlier games (I still have Pacific War v 1.0 on 3.5" disk).

The experience would have been positive except for the following:
I saw your suggestion to take the .pdf in to Kinko's and have it printed for a special price, so I did. Apparently they are unaware of their agreement with your company, as they presented me with a bill for $89 when then were finished. I had little choice but to pay it, however $89 for the manual for a $49 game really, really made me angry (at Kinko's). Be aware they aren't doing you or your customers any favors!

Post #: 13
- 12/30/2002 6:09:57 PM   
moore4807

W H A T ???????

$89 for 150 pages? (thats almost 25 cents a page!) You got ripped even by Kinko's prices... I'd take it back and demand the manager -if he does'nt refund part of your money, tell him your gonna take him to small claims court...

Average price for color copies printed is around$.05 cents, so figure $.10 cents for each full 2 sided page. If he was a real jerk he would add a ream (500 ct.) of paper (about $6 retail) for the 150+ pages he had to print. so $15 + $6 and an hour worth of employee time = $15... still overcharging you - it would only equal $36 - not $89.

I woulda went nuts on them and told them to stick it -and still woulda had enough left over to go get another copy of the game if they wouldnt return it to you. (AND taking them to small claims court of course, AND filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau - just to aggravate them as much as they have done to you!!!)

They are counting on you not bitching too loud to get away with it, I find unfortuanately this is required tactics to operate by -since they think all customers are sheep and will meekly accept thier fate, unless you show em your a RAM and not a sheep -they tend to leave you alone after that.

Post #: 14
Kinkos - 12/30/2002 10:26:31 PM   
dail

Problem was, I was in Houston at the time and live in Tulsa. No matter, I'll have the last word.

I'm the person at my company who decides where to reproduce technical manuals. Kinkos had been our printer of choice, but 'll be going elsewhere now even if it costs a bit more. Last year we spent $70,000 reproducing material for internally developed applications, so you see, I hope the manager of that Kinko's makes good use of that $89.

Funny how the free market works......

Post #: 15
- 12/30/2002 11:24:59 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Apparently they are unaware of their agreement with your company, as they presented me with a bill for $89 when then were finished. I had little choice but to pay it, however $89 for the manual for a $49 game really, really made me angry (at Kinko's). Be aware they aren't doing you or your customers any favors![/QUOTE]

WOW :eek: , that is a ridiciolous price. Something went badly wrong there. I´m sorry to hear that. Just compare with the prices in our E-Docstore

https://docstore.kinkos.com/matrixgames/Splash.jsp

Post #: 16
Doc Prices - 12/31/2002 3:33:29 AM   
dail

Okay.. now I'm sick...

[QUOTE]WOW , that is a ridiciolous price. Something went badly wrong there. I´m sorry to hear that. Just compare with the prices in our E-Docstore [/QUOTE]

Post #: 17
Yeah, worse than I thought - 12/31/2002 3:52:25 AM   
moore4807

Dail,

It is exactly like I thought -even worse!
I'm assuming that the Kinko's in your area is not the same franchisee as Tulsa ( I would check before retaliating) But with the beauty of the internet - I would explain this to the Kinkos customer service people - pointing out you control thousands of dollars in printing for your co. and this Kinko's store screwed you over badly. (hell for a thousand dollars worth of printing work I'd have thrown you that job for free!)

They may credit you the amount to your credit card (if thats how you paid) and have some customer service "training" for its Tulsa staff... ((( I will NOT screw over my customers, I will NOT screw over my customers,...))) LOL

Post #: 18
- 1/1/2003 9:55:31 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

That's good to know. However, I plan to continue to purchase my Matrix games direct from Matix when possible. I'd rather see the $$$ go direct to Matrix and the great folks who put these fine games together, than see some of the cash go to a middle man, IMHO. ;)

Eric Maietta

(Matrix Rules!):cool:

Post #: 19
A two edged sword - 1/2/2003 6:26:53 AM   
moore4807

A good point Absnt,

One counter-point, doesn't the middle man (ie: Babbages, EB, Best Buys) sometimes bring the exposure and impulse buying that direct marketing can't???

Not that I disagree with you, just that wargaming as a hobby is a small niche market, it needs some wide exposure to attract new members which is what this type of marketing does... (for better or worse)

Post #: 20
- 1/9/2003 2:36:16 AM   
max_h

sorry, if thats the wrong place to post...
but what`s the best place to order Matrixgames in Germany? (I don`t want to pay 35$ poastal fees only)

Post #: 21
UV no longer at EB Game World? - 1/9/2003 9:58:21 PM   
Slick91

(copied from prior post)

I was looking at the EB Games web site ([url]www.ebgames.com[/url]) and it appears they have completely removed Uncommon Valor from its web site!

The only Matrix game available to order is Starships Unlimited.

Did something happen to cause its removal?

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Post #: 22
- 1/9/2003 10:55:10 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by max_h
[B]sorry, if thats the wrong place to post...
but what`s the best place to order Matrixgames in Germany? (I don`t want to pay 35$ poastal fees only) [/B][/QUOTE]

Try one of our European retailers. Go to the stor locator and click the list all dealers button.

Cheers, Marc

Post #: 23
- 1/18/2003 1:39:59 AM   
max_h

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]Try one of our European retailers. Go to the stor locator and click the list all dealers button.

Cheers, Marc [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 24
- 1/19/2003 6:01:05 PM   
Michbe

is it out already ?

in the stores in my country you cant find it...

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=11654

Post #: 25
Jan 30th and not at EB Games! - 2/1/2003 2:12:59 AM   
Slick91

It's January 30th and EB Game World has yet to put Uncommon Valor back on their web site. :mad:

I just thought the Marketing Department might want to know that.

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Post #: 26
- 2/8/2003 11:32:47 AM   
Karnaaj

EB & Babbages here in Spokane, Washington have UV on the shelves; didn't think to look for the other game. Chips & Bits still has SP:WAW MegaCampaign Lost Victories, as I ordered and recieved my copy just this past week. Gotta wait for Battlefront to restock CMBB, and all the "buy now" copies of Close Combat 5 were gone from Ebay when I had the buckage handy ... did get Star Trek: Bridge Commander and Operation Flashpoint: Resistance, tho, along with a big wad of DVDs.

So much for the tax-return...

Post #: 27
- 3/7/2003 12:31:07 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Just wandering around eh, and saw the comment about the 89 dollar manual.

89 bucks, heck US funds too I expect.

I would neeeeeeeever give someone 89 bucks for anything in print, let alone a computer wargame manual.

I call it a burden when I invest 50-60 bucks (and that's Canadian) for an actual real book (you know the sort where reading it is the whole point).

I asked for a replacement copy of a lost woodworking manual for my birthday this year from my mom. Collins Woodworking Handbook. Perhaps the best woodworking manual I have ever seen in my whole woodworking life.
The book was approx 60 bucks hardcover and had expensive top quality binding.

Now to assume a wargame manual can top that, and by nearly twice the price, and for some garbage at a Kinkos? Lousy colour copies with maybe even a pathetic plastic binding?

No there is no way I would ever indulge that incredible lunacy.
It would cost me less to buy a brand new ink cartridge for my printer and the paper to do it all myself right here at home.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

Post #: 28
- 3/7/2003 2:02:34 AM   
brent_2

Les - unfortunately if the person at the counter at Kinkos does not know what they are doing when they price up your order you can get hosed pretty badly.

I have had problems with them printing out large (24"x36") architectural drawings, and then making copies, and charging me the same price for all the copies as the print-out (a 10x pricing mistake :eek: ) or trying to charge me the 'poster' rate for black and white bond copies.

They have been pretty good at fixing the mistake though.

I'm essentially graphically and history oriented, unfortunately to connect the two I have to do maths. I hate maths.
CSO_Brent

Post #: 29
- 3/7/2003 2:31:17 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmmm priniting out a game manual and asking me for more than 5 bucks would get me laughing at them though.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Games products are now available at these retail stores Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI