Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MicroManagement Let's Play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> MicroManagement Let's Play Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/19/2013 7:03:26 PM   
StarLab

Greetings everyone.

I thought I'd better start a dedicated thread for my Let's Play series on Youtube. I've noticed it mentioned in other threads so I thought I would create a place here for discussion rather than taking other threads off-topic.

I seem to be getting some good feedback, so thanks to everyone for that.

Keep in mind while watching that I am by NO MEANS a pro at this game. I've only owned the game for about 6 months. I would consider myself an intermediate player at best. I'm sure some of the veteran players will be laughing their ass off at some of my decisions.

Skill level aside, I've noticed that each LP I've watched has revealed a tasty nugget or two of info or technique that I had not previously considered. I hope my LP will provide the same to others.

At the time of this writing, I've recorded 33 1/2-hour episodes with no end in sight. Not sure how far I'll take this series but have been encouraged to keep it going by a couple viewers.

Thanks to those following to this point, and a big welcome to those about to start!

LINK TO PLAYLIST

EDIT: I should mention I'm using Haree78's DW Extended Mod and Martians GEM (Graphic Enhancement Mod)

< Message edited by StarLab -- 2/19/2013 7:25:55 PM >

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview
Post #: 1
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/19/2013 7:19:43 PM   
Antiscamp

I started watching it from the start, and I really enjoy the series. I still have many episodes to go to catch up. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of it. Good job indeed!

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 2
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/19/2013 7:24:38 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antiscamp

I started watching it from the start, and I really enjoy the series. I still have many episodes to go to catch up. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of it. Good job indeed!

Thanks. Keep in mind I'm more experience in the early-mid game. Things may fall apart after that point!

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 3
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/19/2013 10:31:47 PM   
Antiscamp

I'm not a really experienced player either, so superkudos to you for micro-managing the game in its finest details. That's something I've never dared do yet.

I'm a fan of Let's Plays and watch a lot of them. The best ones are the ones with a twist, like with your micro-managing the details. Also, the story is really important. That's why games like DW make for such good LP's too. The game creates a million stories and puts them together into one big epic. It's not important to be a powerplayer in an LP, I think, or even to win in the end, so don't worry about showing off efficiency-playing-skills, the story of it all is what makes it worth watching.

I've even been thinking about doing own LP's. In fact, I've got all the equipment for it setup and all. I just got involved with modding and haven't had the time really. Good luck! I'll be watching.

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 4
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/19/2013 10:58:59 PM   
StarLab

quote:

I'm not a really experienced player either, so superkudos to you for micro-managing the game in its finest details. That's something I've never dared do yet.

I'm a fan of Let's Plays and watch a lot of them. The best ones are the ones with a twist, like with your micro-managing the details. Also, the story is really important. That's why games like DW make for such good LP's too. The game creates a million stories and puts them together into one big epic. It's not important to be a powerplayer in an LP, I think, or even to win in the end, so don't worry about showing off efficiency-playing-skills, the story of it all is what makes it worth watching.

I've even been thinking about doing own LP's. In fact, I've got all the equipment for it setup and all. I just got involved with modding and haven't had the time really. Good luck! I'll be watching.

I think Das said it best - "It's a space opera!"

And yes, it's all the little stories and sub-plots that make the DW universe seem alive and unique from game to game. It never gets boring for me - either playing or watching.

For instance, there is a HUGE difference between my LP stories and the stories unfolding in Das's current LP. (Das's is also a ton more exciting (action-wise) than mine atm! )

I think I mention this a few times throughout my LP - I don't even care if I ever see a victory screen. It's the journey I'm more interested in.

Thanks for watching!

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 5
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/20/2013 3:55:05 AM   
StarLab

Sigh...

Rule #1 when recording a Let's Play: PLUG IN THE FREAKING MICROPHONE!!!

Just recorded an hour and a half (3 episodes) tonight with no narration. Basically just sat here talking to myself! Evening wasted. I'll have to re-record tomorrow night.

Worst part is I now have to revert my brain to 3 episodes ago. Maybe if I bang my head on the desk a few times I'll forget everything I did tonight...

< Message edited by StarLab -- 2/20/2013 3:56:22 AM >

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 6
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/20/2013 6:11:57 AM   
Erik Rutins

Great job, Larry. Sorry to hear about the microphone glitch but I hope you keep these up, they are very helpful to new and experienced players.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 7
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/20/2013 12:22:22 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Great job, Larry. Sorry to hear about the microphone glitch but I hope you keep these up, they are very helpful to new and experienced players.

Thanks, Erik. I noticed you updated your Video post to include a link to my playlist. I appreciate that.

The microphone issue wasn't really a glitch - more like a 'bonehead maneuver!' lol

I'm having good fun doing these. I think they're going to help my overall game too! Comments have been a great help toward that also.

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/20/2013 6:30:41 PM   
Yskonyn

I have said it on other occasions as well, but I wanted to thank you for doing these in the official thread as well. ;) so, thanks!!

If you arent using it yet, I would highly recommend BandiCam for recording. I found out about it by Das, but its a much better solution than Fraps indeed. BandiCam creates nice small filesizes with the 720p YouTube preset which results in a much lower taxing of your system. Performance stays great even when recording on the same IDE harddisk.

Just a tip worth noting.

Yskonyn -

Desktop: Intel i7 9700K @5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX1080, 32GB RAM, Win 10 64bit

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 9
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/20/2013 6:42:31 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yskonyn

I have said it on other occasions as well, but I wanted to thank you for doing these in the official thread as well. ;) so, thanks!!

If you arent using it yet, I would highly recommend BandiCam for recording. I found out about it by Das, but its a much better solution than Fraps indeed. BandiCam creates nice small filesizes with the 720p YouTube preset which results in a much lower taxing of your system. Performance stays great even when recording on the same IDE harddisk.

Just a tip worth noting.

You are very welcome. I did see your other thanks before creating this thread. So thanks again. :)

I am using Bandicam. (Fraps ignores the mouse pointer when in game) I had to make the decision between the license for Bandicam or a new microphone setup before I got going.

I'll look into a new microphone next month as this one gives a bit of hiss in the recordings. (Maybe the new one will plug itself in when I forget to do so! lol (reference to above post))

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 10
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/20/2013 6:52:12 PM   
Yskonyn

I don't notice the hiss too much. It certainly isn't anywhere near annoying.

I thought Fraps was pretty much the only solution for game recording, aside from a few obscure programs.
But now that I have used Bandicam, I think this will quickly become the favorite tool for LP-creators. Especially the better performance is pretty awesome. No more need for recording on a seperate harddisk (preferably SSD). Sound stays in sync too while recording and playing the game on the same HDD. Something that's impossible with Fraps on my system.

Yskonyn -

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 11
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/20/2013 8:33:23 PM   
Pipewrench

Great Video Larry but is the way of darkness really you?

“We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act.”
– Ron Garan

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 12
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/20/2013 10:30:57 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: pipewrench

Great Video Larry but is the way of darkness really you?

Thanks Pipe!

<<--- Commodore Kosh says no to darkness! (He's also VERY nervous about the release of Shadows! )

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Pipewrench)
Post #: 13
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/21/2013 6:03:13 PM   
StarLab

COMING SOON!
Let's Micromanage (Play) Distant Worlds Legends
Pt37 - RISE OF THE KESKUDONS

The Keskudons as they were meant to be played!

Coming to YouTube

quote:

A very old race, from when the Galaxy was a lot hotter place to exist. Dark skinned reptiles, of average height but an outer skin that is almost as tough as stone.

Keskudons believe this Galaxy is their own, they claim to be the first race to have ventured in to the stars and were once settlers over the whole galaxy. They will not reveal why they appear to be just now appearing though. Keskudons see all other races as Trespassing, claiming rights on every system in the Galaxy.

Intelligent and very aggressive, Keskudons cannot be trusted as all other life is considered worthless, almost seen as an infection.

A slaver race the Keskudons military leaders are considered the most powerful and well respected of their race, how many slaves they own is an indication of power.

For these reasons Keskudons make very poor allies and are unlikely to seek any alliances other than to create a temporary cease fire to gather for an assault later.

quote:

In game terms this race is very powerful, some of the best troops in the game and intelligent gaining good research and they are happy to be at war for long periods. This power is offset by the fact that they have a dissatisfied populace and no-one likes them, they rarely make friends. Being arrogant they will often make war on too many fronts.
Keskudons are the most aggressive and war like of the Distant Worlds extended races.

A small teaser trailer for those following. Gonna turn up the heat a bit! :)

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 14
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/21/2013 7:06:45 PM   
Yskonyn

:D And I am only at part 5!

Yskonyn -

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 15
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/21/2013 7:10:19 PM   
StarLab

quote:

:D And I am only at part 5!

Yeah... took me a while to get going.

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 16
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/21/2013 8:05:20 PM   
Bingeling

The playlist looks a bit intimidating when considering starting on this

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 17
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/21/2013 8:09:52 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

The playlist looks a bit intimidating when considering starting on this

Kind of realizing this.

Once I'm a little further in, I may create a table of contents of a sort...and post it in the OP...

EG:
Pt1-3: basic setup
Pt36: War begins,
Etc..etc...

Going to try to keep momentum going at this point to get this wrapped up.

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 18
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/21/2013 8:16:19 PM   
Bingeling

But if I watch 4 hours each day, I will be fully updated in way less than a week...

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 19
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/21/2013 10:47:04 PM   
Haree78

Thanks for this StarLab just started watching :)

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 20
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/21/2013 11:07:28 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haree78

Thanks for this StarLab just started watching :)

More publicity for your great mod. :)

Funny part was the day I upload the first episode was the day Das started his recent LP. Both of us were featuring your's and Martians mods, so I left mine unlisted and gave his a week head start before publishing mine.

Told you about Das's in your thread at the time, but kept my mouth shut about mine - no promotion whatsoever. I was surprised how quickly people found it! Within 2 hours I had a couple viewers.

Dunno, just found that interesting. People are actively searching out DW videos - we need more of them on YouTube!

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 21
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/22/2013 8:03:18 AM   
Haree78

Thanks dude, yeah this is great because I get so little feedback about what works or what doesn't work in my mod I go completely by my own games and these kinds of vids really give me vision of what people do when they use the mod. Enjoying things so far, especially how you design all your ships and bases, give a lot of insight. Keep it up :)

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 22
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/23/2013 3:32:14 PM   
StarLab

------>>>>>>SPOILER ALERT******SPOILER ALERT<<<<<<------

If you're still watching - skip this post about the future! ;)

Okay, everyone... CUT!! That's a wrap people!! (Hollywood talk... )

I brought this LP to a premature ending with a total of 40 Episodes having a running time of 21 hours and 40 minutes.

At that point I pretty much owned the game so I'm declaring it an 'unofficial' victory. I could have kept going but it would have gotten pretty repetitive: move in, exterminate, move on to the next planet. There really wasn't anyone left in the game strong enough to stop me. It would have been AT LEAST another 20 episodes (likely more!) to clean off the map for a proper victory.

Judging by the comments, I think I did what I set out to do - show people that micromanaging the game isn't the intimidating beast that most people believe it to be. Hell, if **I** can do it, anyone can! (Again, I'm not a pro at this game - yet!)

It was a ton of fun doing this and I will be back with more. I actually learned some new things about the game myself in the process so it was really a 2-way street.

Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for watching!

< Message edited by StarLab -- 2/23/2013 10:21:36 PM >

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 23
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/23/2013 8:21:04 PM   
martok

Nice AAR, Starlab! Thanks for doing it.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 24
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/23/2013 9:39:29 PM   
Antiscamp

Man! I'm on episode 23 and now you spoiled the ending! Seriously, it's a great LP. I've learned quite a few things so far. I hope you do more of them.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 25
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/23/2013 10:32:16 PM   
StarLab

quote:

Man! I'm on episode 23 and now you spoiled the ending! Seriously, it's a great LP. I've learned quite a few things so far. I hope you do more of them.

Sorry dude! I have now added a 'spoiler alert' to my post. (I dunno, I mean how many of us actually turn away when we see one of those? )

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok
Nice AAR, Starlab! Thanks for doing it.

Glad you're both enjoying it. I've been bitten by the 'LP bug' and look forward to doing this again... soon!

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 26
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/24/2013 10:31:26 AM   
Sithuk

Starlab/Larry: Really enjoying your Lets Play. Well made. You're an excellent narrator and a competent player. I'm up to episode 11.

Resource Management
Great to see you focussing on resources: mining locations;optimising designs for available resources; discussing the strategic implications of resource availability. The resources are one of the reasons why DW is so interesting to play for me.

Tax
Good to see you setting zero tax rate until a planet pop is at max. The happiness implications for pop growth makes the tax rate such a powerful mechanic for growth. The AI's current tax strategies cripple them unfortunately. Hopefully Shadows will resolve that with more detailed tax policies that we can mod for each AI.

I notice you have some colonies manually set to 1% and 5%, instead of all the non-MAX planets at 0%. Are you using the tax rate percentage as an indicator of how many troops you have queued/built on a planet? Nice way to work around the deficits in the User Interface if so. Erik has already noted that troop management and planetary invasions are getting a lot of focus in Shadows, so hopefully a better troop overview screen will arrive with Shadows.

Passenger Transports
Have you considered editing the private sector Passenger Transport design to maximise their capacity? The private sector will build a set number of ships per colony owned. To maximise passenger transport capacity in your private fleet you need to maximise capacity on each ship, the private sector will not build more than a fixed number of ships per colony. By maxing the passenger capacity you can really kick start the smaller colony growth by getting your private sector to shift meaningful amounts of seed population from your larger worlds (and those of large nearby AI worlds with lower happiness, if you are allowing them in).

State Mining
Also, have you considered setting up state mining ships? You managed the chromium shortage well by other means, but if it was a more critically important resource or your were hamstrung by resource shortage your state mining ships could be useful in resolving the issue.

Starting Colony Spaceports
What about building a basic spaceport design containing the colony development/happiness bonus facilities (including commerce, medical and recreation facilities) at every colony? Do you not do that at the start because the zero tax rate and government bonuses mean you can achieve the max pop growth rate without building a starting spaceport at each colony? Perhaps something that you'd need if you didn't have one of the best government types right at the start like you did in this game, with all the excellent bonuses that Way of the Darkness has? Or perhaps you are conserving resources?

Cash use
I notice you are keen on sinking your excess cash into tech research. Specifically into defence related tech and not so much into resource collection / private sector transport related techs. Better mining tech, linked to better private sector transport capacity with faster hyperdrives leads to more resources mined and more distributed to your manuf centres. You can then expand your empire infrastructure and fleet without as many resource constraints.

The strategy of sinking cash into defence research makes sense if there are no bottlenecks on resource locations or private sector distribution. It makes sense to me because then the constraint becomes fuel. Higher defence related tech means more power deployed per unit of fuel expended.

I realise there is a trade-off point between the various strategies, I'd be interested in your views on where the bottlenecks lie in the early to mid game: is it mining rate; number of resource locations; private sector transport fleet capacity and speed?

I'm really looking forward to your next LP.

< Message edited by Sithuk -- 2/27/2013 6:57:53 PM >

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 27
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/24/2013 2:12:21 PM   
StarLab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sithuk

Starlab/Larry: Really enjoying your Lets Play. Well made. You're an excellent narrator and a competent player. I'm up to episode 11.

Thanks. My gameplay does need further refining yet. Great reply here... I'll go through it point by point.

quote:

Resource Management
Great to see you focussing on resources: mining locations;optimising designs for available resources; disucssing the strategic implications of resource availability. The resources are one of the reasons why DW is so interesting to play for me.

Agreed. This is why I play such sparse maps. Makes the resource hunt just that much more interesting.

quote:

Tax
Good to see you setting zero tax rate until a planet pop is at max. The happiness implications for pop growth makes the tax rate such a powerful mechanic for growth. The AI's current tax strategies cripple them unfortunately. Hopefully Shadows will resolve that with more detailed tax policies that we can mod for each AI.

I don't wait until max population, but try to ensure that the colony can support its own space ports, etc. before adjusting the tax rate. I try to keep the population in the 'happy' range as much as possible.

quote:

I notice you have some colonies manually set to 1% and 5%, instead of all the non-MAX planets at 0%. Are you using the tax rate percentage as an indicator of how many troops you have queued/built on a planet? Nice way to work around the deficits in the User Interface if so. Erik has already noted that troop management and planetary invasions are getting a lot of focus in Shadows, so hopefully a better troop overview screen will arrive with Shadows.

Yes, initially all new colonies get set to 1%. When I build a space port I bump that rate to 5% until it's built. After that, any colony with a space port gets their tax rate set to multiples of 5% (25%, 45%, 50%, etc.). Any colony with an odd tax rate (11%, 33%, 47%, etc.) indicates there is no space port present.

It's a great visual tool that quickly helps me recognize at a glance what's going on. I touch on this in more detail later in the series.

quote:

Passenger Transports
Have you considered editing the private sector Passenger Transport design to maximise their capacity? The private sector will build a set number of ships per colony owned. To maximise passenger transport capacity in your private fleet you need to maximise capacity on each ship, the private sector will not build more than a fixed number of ships per colony. By maxing the passenger capacity you can really kick start the smaller colony growth by getting your private sector to shift meaningful amounts of seed population from your larger worlds (and those of large nearby AI worlds with lower happiness, if you are allowing them in).

I recognize this as one area of the game I really need to work on - and I have been since that LP. You will see later on that neglecting this DOES hurt me in the resource department.

quote:

State Mining
Also, have you considered setting up state mining ships? You managed the chromium shortage well by other means, but if it was a more critically important resource or your were hamstrung by resource shortage your state mining ships could be useful in resolving the issue.

Hmmm... Good call. Been getting hints of this from other forum posts so will give it a try. Although, with my chromium issue in this game, it was simply a lack of that resource in the first place (Only found 2-3 sources of it anyway). Would extra miners even help in that circumstance?

quote:

Starting Colony Spaceports
What about building a basic spaceport design containing the colony development/happiness bonus facilities (including commerce, medical and recreation facilities) at every colony? Do you not do that at the start because the zero tax rate and government bonuses mean you can achieve the max pop growth rate without building a starting spaceport at each colony? Perhaps something that you'd need if you didn't have one of the best government types right at the start like you did in this game, with all the excellent bonuses that Way of the Darkness has? Or perhaps you are conserving resources?

Hmmm... I usually hold off on space ports for new colonies, but you bring up a good technique here. Will give it a whirl...

quote:

Cash use
I notice you are keen on sinking your excess cash into tech research. Specifically into defence related tech and not so much into resource collection / private sector transport related techs. Better mining tech, linked to better private sector transport capacity with faster hyperdrives leads to more resources mined and more distributed to your manuf centres. You can then expand your empire infrastructure and fleet without as many resource constraints.

The strategy of sinking cash into defence research makes sense if there are no bottlenecks on resource locations or private sector distribution. It makes sense to me because then the constraint becomes fuel. Higher defence related tech means more power deployed per unit of fuel expended.

Again, yes, this would have helped this particular game later on. I normally play at a harder difficulty (more aggressive AIs) so defence does tend to get all the attention.

quote:

I realise there is a trade-off point between the various strategies, I'd be interested in your views on where the bottlenecks lie in the early to mid game: is it mining rate; number of resource locations; private sector transport fleet capacity and speed?

In most of my games (10x10 - 250 stars) resource and colony locating/acquisitions can be quite challenging. These two things alone make the early years my favourite part of the game. Solving shortfall and bottlenecks it what keeps me interested. (Even if I do it badly! )

quote:

I'm really looking forward to your next LP.

I have a short 3-episode being uploaded today featuring Antiscamps Human Revolution Mod. (Showcases how to get your butt kicked in 3.5 years! )

Beyond that I want to really look at fine tuning and implementing some of the points brought up by viewers, like yourself, who have been kind enough to offer their advice and ideas.

I still have miles to go and lots to learn and posting this LP has been instrumental in achieving a better understanding of the game. My next LP will be played MUCH better to due this.

Thanks for your great response!

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 28
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/27/2013 10:31:02 AM   
Yskonyn

Wow Sithuk, those are some really good suggestions / constructive criticism! :)

Is it always more efficient to go for optimization of resource gathering and private sector capacity first and then focus on other parts of your empire's tech with the benefit of higher mileage, so to speak, on resource handling?

Yskonyn -

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 29
RE: MicroManagement Let's Play - 2/27/2013 12:02:34 PM   
StarLab

quote:

Wow Sithuk, those are some really good suggestions / constructive criticism! :)

Agreed. Tried a few things out in my last game. Noticed some pretty nice results too.

-Larry Monte

Latest YouTube Series
DW2 Mortalen Preview
DW2 Ackdarian Preview

(in reply to Yskonyn)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> MicroManagement Let's Play Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI