Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vanishing messgae posts????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Vanishing messgae posts???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vanishing messgae posts???? - 2/10/2001 7:40:00 AM   
Alby

I have had 3 posts just vanish in the last 2 days. When i click "search" to find them i found 2 of them but....When you then click on the link, One just sends you to a blank page and the second is a post by someone else??? Two were posts giving a plug to The SPWW2 guys....The other was just a test post. Was I in error posting about SPWW2?? and hence messages were deleted? Anyone else experiencing any wierdness in the message forum???? ALBY [This message has been edited by Alby (edited February 09, 2001).]

Post #: 1
- 2/10/2001 8:03:00 AM   
Securitas

That sounds really odd! I have never had a problem like that before. I know that sometimes a topic is closed off when it is deemed to be going no where constructive, but that does not seem to be the case in what you describe. I can't imagine anyone taking offense at your mention of SPWW2. Quite a few people here know about it already, so it's no secret. In fact, I can recall that a long time ago Wild Bill made scenarios and maps for the game! ------------------ Securitas _________________________ 88 is a really nice number

Securitas _________________________ 88 is a really nice number

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 2
- 2/10/2001 8:16:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Securitas: That sounds really odd! I have never had a problem like that before. I know that sometimes a topic is closed off when it is deemed to be going no where constructive, but that does not seem to be the case in what you describe. I can't imagine anyone taking offense at your mention of SPWW2. Quite a few people here know about it already, so it's no secret. In fact, I can recall that a long time ago Wild Bill made scenarios and maps for the game!
Yes I agree, just seemed wierd that those were the 2 missing posts. Got me? :-(

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
- 2/10/2001 8:39:00 AM   
Warhorse

Alby, it just may be the SPWW2 thing, don't sweat it man, just there have been some tension before over this, was cool of yu to suggest it though! Don't quote me on this though, but someone from over there awhile back really started a little mud thrower here, so that could be it? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 4
- 2/11/2001 5:56:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse: Alby, it just may be the SPWW2 thing, don't sweat it man, just there have been some tension before over this, was cool of yu to suggest it though! Don't quote me on this though, but someone from over there awhile back really started a little mud thrower here, so that could be it?
Ok pal thanks, didnt want to start any trouble, I had no idea of any conflicts. My apologies if I was in error. I wish someone coulda notified me before hand tho, than just erasing my post hehehe. Thanks again.. Alby [This message has been edited by Alby (edited February 10, 2001).]

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
- 2/11/2001 6:51:00 AM   
Warhorse

Alby, like I said, just an idea of what happened, but yes an explaination, at least privately would not've hurt!! Probably just slipped their mind though!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
- 2/11/2001 8:18:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

My apologies for not giving a "heads-up" but I have been travelling and not had a stable connection until I got back home. One of the few policies we have is to discourage posting "ads" for other games. Discuss and compare all you want, but its a sort of gentlemen's agreement among game company sites, that we don't post "Come see (competitors game) - its great!" all over each others company forums. Compare features, or talk about why a particular game does things you'd like to see SP:WaW do. A fine line admittedly, so don't be afraid to post and let myself or the other moderators make a call. 9 times out of 10 I post a note that I deleted or moved a post. I just couldn't this time becasue of my travels. Its a call made on a case by case basis by any one of the moderators, whether somebody feels a post is a "discussion about how a competitors game relates to SP:WaW" or simply an ad for it. The latter often get axed. This forum is not a public newsgroup, and is paid for by Matrix, so we reserve the right to focus it on our games. Sorry for the lack of feedback that the action was taken. Sometimes circumstances prevent it, like having to go catch a plane. We had numerous cenorship discussions in the past..you can search on censorship I'm sure and see all the past arguments...no time to repeat them now! We do VERY little of it here, but do on rare occasion.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 7
- 2/11/2001 8:42:00 AM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: One of the few policies we have is to discourage posting "ads" for other games. Discuss and compare all you want, but its a sort of gentlemen's agreement among game company sites, that we don't post "Come see (competitors game) - its great!" all over each others company forums.
Now who was it who directed me to SPWAW last April when I was complaining at the SPWW2 forum about HE effectiveness and general lack of balance? Granted, the forum was at TGN and it was pretty deserted anyway, but I still think it's funny .

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 8
- 2/11/2001 10:45:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The is a difference between forums like TGN's, wargamer.com and CDmag that exist to serve players interested in all games, compared to this and its couterparts at Battlefront and others that are there to support a particular companies games. Even we can wake up on the wrong side of the bed some mornings and feel particularly ornery

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 9
- 2/11/2001 8:30:00 PM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: My apologies for not giving a "heads-up" but I have been travelling and not had a stable connection until I got back home. One of the few policies we have is to discourage posting "ads" for other games. Discuss and compare all you want, but its a sort of gentlemen's agreement among game company sites, that we don't post "Come see (competitors game) - its great!" all over each others company forums. Compare features, or talk about why a particular game does things you'd like to see SP:WaW do. A fine line admittedly, so don't be afraid to post and let myself or the other moderators make a call. 9 times out of 10 I post a note that I deleted or moved a post. I just couldn't this time becasue of my travels. Its a call made on a case by case basis by any one of the moderators, whether somebody feels a post is a "discussion about how a competitors game relates to SP:WaW" or simply an ad for it. The latter often get axed. This forum is not a public newsgroup, and is paid for by Matrix, so we reserve the right to focus it on our games. Sorry for the lack of feedback that the action was taken. Sometimes circumstances prevent it, like having to go catch a plane. We had numerous cenorship discussions in the past..you can search on censorship I'm sure and see all the past arguments...no time to repeat them now! We do VERY little of it here, but do on rare occasion.
Ok paul thamks for the info, once again I had no idea. Since the sp camo page has links to spwaw, the sp arsenal, and Wild Bills Raiders, I assumed everyone was one big happy family. My mistake I reckon.. oh well Life will go on Alby

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 10
- 2/12/2001 9:17:00 PM   
Charles22

I have delved into loading the new SPWW2V.4, and when I got there I found TGN as Alby described. Furthermore, I found a lot of SPWAW type options included in the game, so that it really did appear as though SPWAW and SPWW2 teams might be palsy-walsy all of the sudden. Unless I'm mistaken, it even appears there's a link to Matrix from the download of SPWW2V.4 itself, as a way to get Matrix icons. I believe it was part of the manual or some such. I may be mistaken but I distinctly saw something dedicated to SPWW2V.4 which provided a means for using SPWAW icons to some extent. I hope this isn't a rude surprise.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 11
- 2/12/2001 10:47:00 PM   
David Heath

Yes I know that. They have been playing catch-up since we released SPWAW. Again we don't care what they do we are just going forward with our plans. David

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 12
- 2/13/2001 4:11:00 AM   
Figmo

IMO - the main difference is this forum has never claimed to be a general SP forum. But I'm sure if you have questions about any of the SP games there are many people here more than willing to help!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 13
- 2/13/2001 5:06:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I will move such posts to the "censor-free zone" in the Art fo Wargabbing, I mean Wargaming forum... I think its amazing how well folks have kept the signal to noise ratio so high here!

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 14
- 2/13/2001 5:49:00 AM   
Alby

Geez did I start all this???? Just like me to start a ruckus!!:-) oh well.. I dont wana see anyone saying..."try combat mission" or "try tacops" heheheh "the third man is always watching and listening" LOL!!! just pokin fun. Alby

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 15
- 2/13/2001 9:27:00 AM   
Figmo

LOL - Actually good questions Alby and good answers IMO!! And it doesn't look like a ruckus to me - everybody is keeping their sense of humor - I think!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 16
- 2/13/2001 10:37:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: LOL - Actually good questions Alby and good answers IMO!! And it doesn't look like a ruckus to me - everybody is keeping their sense of humor - I think!! Figmo
Me thinks so too :-)

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Vanishing messgae posts???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI