Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

thing that are missed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> thing that are missed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
thing that are missed - 3/1/2013 6:35:09 PM   
Ruru

first off, not sure if any thread already exists with that topic, didnt see it.

Here are some things i miss in the game. my personal opinion. its welcome to contribute your own or flame me for no reason.

- voices.... no voices in my head... just bep blurp blurp beep wuiiuiuiu blrup blurp.. sound like spanish R2D2 narrating something (no offense amigos&chicas).
why? because game often gets...empty. you know those moments when you wait for research to finish or fleet retrofits or something built and really have nothing to. not very practical to be glues to the screen and read every notification it comes up. wish are mostly silly private ships issues about somebody poking them in the ribs. another case is when world destroyer is approaching you get a *beep beep beep* and a notice. if that might just happen in middle of some minor disputes between some ships few sectors away, player can probably miss that warning or mistake it for something else.etc etc etc
Suggestion: make voices. a verbal warnings. if possibly, fully configurable. so if you're waiting for a specifing event you get a voiced notice. or in case of world destroyer, you get a incoming warning LOUD AND CLEAR of incoming terror.
- behavior configuration. how much i like that ships can think for themselfs, i hate how they think. and dont obey always. why? for example i rush a planet with defenses. one of transport has a general on board. we jump in and perhaps i want a certain sttack angle to avoid fire from defense station i order my ship to move on certain spot, and they think is ok to slow boat to that spot with half speed while they get their rear torn up by defenses. cant i tell them to "MOVE IT SOLDIERS!" ?? and another example when near the planet all troops have been droped, just waitin g for the general. where is that drunkard? oh there, basicly on top of that planet just that he's escaping... can you please drop the drunk sir on that planet before you go? ship will ignore or swith back to escaping in a second. another example in the middle of the combat, your admirals ship is getting pretty hammered because is rushed into the middle of everything, so i want it out of there very fast. again it changes its commands back to attacking as the final result, killing itself. i often see this scenario in my battles, i see a ship is about to go down so i try to send it out before it gets damaged, then escape command is being reverted back to attack after few seconds. only refuel command works as absolute the forces a ship to GO AWAY.
Suggestion: absolute comand option. make them run for it, when they are told to run for it.

this is it for now, i might update later
Post #: 1
RE: thing that are missed - 3/2/2013 1:35:16 AM   
ravendark

option of unpausing the game while poking around in doplomacy/expansion/designs/etc screens

(in reply to Ruru)
Post #: 2
RE: thing that are missed - 3/2/2013 4:32:13 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravendark

option of unpausing the game while poking around in doplomacy/expansion/designs/etc screens

Hello Revendark. You can mouse click the pause/unpause button in the upper left corner of
the screen when in those screens now. Just FYI!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to ravendark)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> thing that are missed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI