Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base - 3/2/2013 8:14:39 AM   
coxville

I get that HQ's and Base forces with Torps in their toe can supply from the base they are at, as can Command HQ's except they do not need a reserve level setting. As I understand it they can all also do this within their command radius. Does this mean that if I were to base the SA Fleet HQ (it is one of those Japanese command HQ's that sounds like a naval one)at Milne Bay it could technical supply torpedoes to aircraft at Buna and Port Moresby once they are taken and built up and as long as those bases are assigned to the same HQ? It has a command radius of 5 and both bases are 5 hexes away. Just seeking some clarification really. thanks

93% of statistics are wrong...
Post #: 1
RE: torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base - 3/2/2013 8:26:47 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: coxville

I get that HQ's and Base forces with Torps in their toe can supply from the base they are at, as can Command HQ's except they do not need a reserve level setting. As I understand it they can all also do this within their command radius. Does this mean that if I were to base the SA Fleet HQ (it is one of those Japanese command HQ's that sounds like a naval one)at Milne Bay it could technical supply torpedoes to aircraft at Buna and Port Moresby once they are taken and built up and as long as those bases are assigned to the same HQ? It has a command radius of 5 and both bases are 5 hexes away. Just seeking some clarification really. thanks

Yes it will.

(in reply to coxville)
Post #: 2
RE: torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base - 3/3/2013 10:08:01 AM   
jmalter

you need 'adequate' supply at the remote bases (10 or 20k?) but i don't think they need be assigned to a shared HQ.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base - 3/3/2013 11:46:46 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

you need 'adequate' supply at the remote bases (10 or 20k?) but i don't think they need be assigned to a shared HQ.

I think it is 2x requirements of supplies to be able to use them. The same as for droop tanks.
At lest i have few bases that have less that 10k but more that 2x needed and they can use torpedoes

They don`t need to be under same HQ only in range

Also to use torpedoes, AF of that base must be big enough. Lvl 2 for single engine torpedo bombers and lvl 4 for 2E torpedo bombers.

< Message edited by koniu -- 3/3/2013 11:53:27 AM >

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 4
RE: torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base - 3/3/2013 12:34:30 PM   
Gunner98

On a similar note. Is there a reason why an HQ can only draw 20 Torps at a time - but can do it repeatedly in the same turn? Just curious.

B

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 5
RE: torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base - 3/4/2013 3:55:03 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

On a similar note. Is there a reason why an HQ can only draw 20 Torps at a time - but can do it repeatedly in the same turn? Just curious.

B

I always change the TOE so that there are enough torpedoes and I don't have to keep drawing new ones every turn.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> torpedoes freom HQ's not at a base Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI