Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

To everyone who has requested new sounds...!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> To everyone who has requested new sounds...! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
To everyone who has requested new sounds...! - 2/11/2001 6:25:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

Patience - please. Most of the sounds are not done yet, and I'm making a few changes here and there. I'm really grateful that many have sent me Email and requested these new sound effects. Many thanks. It's nice to see that there are many fellow SPWAW addicts out there! So they are ready. Not today, maybe not even tomorrow, but maybe someday next week. (note: Its really not so simple task to aquire/make them - looking for suitable sources is the hardest part - Fellows at Matrix should know this) What is coming: New artillery sounds (3 per warhead size, 7 classes (20mm-18") New aircraft bomb explosions (most not yet complete) New vehicle/tank destruction sfx + many others I'll keep you posted. (btw...any suitable servers where I could put this file when it's done?) [This message has been edited by Peregrine Falcon (edited February 11, 2001).]

--Peregrine Falcon--
Post #: 1
- 2/11/2001 8:37:00 PM   
Alby

I have also modified some of the spwaw sounds. The arty for one, The tank gun sounds and some 50 cal sounds, used to have them posted on a site but it shutdown. Dont know how easy they would be to email but there it is..... Alby

(in reply to Peregrine Falcon)
Post #: 2
- 2/11/2001 9:03:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: I have also modified some of the spwaw sounds. The arty for one, The tank gun sounds and some 50 cal sounds, used to have them posted on a site but it shutdown. Dont know how easy they would be to email but there it is..... Alby
Good .50cal sounds are really hard to find. Almost every sound is poorly aquired or just is sampled with very low freq (8000hz) Personally I just love that gun! (dont know why - but I am old gunfreak so... =) But many other HMG's (13-15mm) use very poor sound effects. I'm currently trying to figure out how to fix those.... All artillery sounds I have are sampled from different kinds of movies (DVD) (most of current (Matrix)sounds ARE - 30cal, tanks, Garands etc. - from Saving Private Ryan)

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 3
- 2/12/2001 3:43:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys I am interested in any sound files that we can use in the game. We will be releasing SPWaW v5.0 and I be happy to place your sounds in this release. So I am waiting. David

Post #: 4
- 2/12/2001 4:16:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Hi Guys I am interested in any sound files that we can use in the game. We will be releasing SPWaW v5.0 and I be happy to place your sounds in this release. So I am waiting. David
The arty and tank gun sounds are from spwaw just renamed and rearranged,Taken from different slots, except for 1 tank gun sound, which is from another game I cant mention here:-), also some vehicle movement sounds and a different 50 cal sound than spwaw uses, from somewheres I cant recall now. I know Wild Bill and some others downloaded "my" old arty sounds i had on a site that has since closed, but I have improved them since WB got them. Anyways, the arty and tank gun files are about 3 megs each zipped so dont think email will do. any suggestions? Alby [This message has been edited by Alby (edited February 11, 2001).] [This message has been edited by Alby (edited February 11, 2001).] [This message has been edited by Alby (edited February 11, 2001).] [This message has been edited by Alby (edited February 11, 2001).]

Post #: 5
- 2/12/2001 5:13:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Hi Guys I am interested in any sound files that we can use in the game. We will be releasing SPWaW v5.0 and I be happy to place your sounds in this release. So I am waiting. David
Ok. You got it! Coming real soon (hopefully) I hope they are as good as I think they are. Editing few hundreds of megabytes of digitized audio to get couple good solid samples takes time. Of course, war movies are best audio sources there is!

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 6
- 2/12/2001 5:58:00 AM   
David Heath

Please send them via e-mail I can take any size e-mail.

Post #: 7
- 2/12/2001 7:01:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Please send them via e-mail I can take any size e-mail.
you got it...

Post #: 8
- 2/13/2001 5:50:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: you got it...
sounds sent...Install em in your game and see if ya dont like em!!

Post #: 9
- 2/20/2001 10:46:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

I'm back. And I'm really sorry to inform you but... delay has hit the fan!...... (we ALL hate delays - dont we? ) Sneaky partisans murdered my lovely mouse called "LogiTech" (those bastards! ) and it took ages to get a new one via mail order. Murphy's law I guess.......When you need something - it breaks down...... So, if there are still fellow SPWAW-players out there (at least EMAIL is raining...!) - Dont know when sounds are finished, but hopefully soon enough...... [This message has been edited by Peregrine Falcon (edited February 20, 2001).]

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 10
- 2/22/2001 8:13:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by Peregrine Falcon: I'm back. And I'm really sorry to inform you but... delay has hit the fan!...... (we ALL hate delays - dont we? ) Sneaky partisans murdered my lovely mouse called "LogiTech" (those bastards! ) and it took ages to get a new one via mail order. Murphy's law I guess.......When you need something - it breaks down...... So, if there are still fellow SPWAW-players out there (at least EMAIL is raining...!) - Dont know when sounds are finished, but hopefully soon enough...... [This message has been edited by Peregrine Falcon (edited February 20, 2001).]
I'm looking forward to the results of your work. I've done some sound editing myself, using the Cool96 utility. When SPwaw became available, I was thrilled with most of the sounds provided, but I was a little disappointed with the sound files for the heavy artillery calibres; and also the incoming passover sounds. I had a fairly impressive set for SPww2, but those have been discarded for now. Oh, and keep those partisans away from the damned mouse. ------------------ Greg. 37 mill AA... can suddenly ruin your day.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> To everyone who has requested new sounds...! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI