Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Human Revolution

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Human Revolution Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Human Revolution - 2/28/2013 7:44:07 PM   
Antiscamp

Human Revolution has been updated to Version 1.0. The main features in this update is two new races, and the new human Galactic Newsnet optional addon. See the top three posts in this thread for download link and more information.

Full changelog below.

Version 1.0 Feb 2013

- AI: Made the Eva a tiny bit more reluctant to go to war.
- AI: Reduced Eva willingness to colonize a bit.
- AI: Made the Eva and Ackdarians mutually dislike each other.
- Tweak: Renamed human troops for all factions. All troops are now "divisions". Cyborg - Mechanized Division, Merch - Mercenary Division, Eva - Valkyrie Division and regular human Armoured Division. The new factions have Storm Divisions for the Fasce and Defense Divisions for Grun.
- Tweak: Lowered Merch troop quality just a bit. They still have great land troops; don't let them get ashore.
- Tweak: Made Hive Mind the special government type for the Cyborgs, as should be.
- Tweak: Gave the Merchs another preferred flagshape.
- Tweak: Added some system and star names with connections to human history.
- Tweak: Removed Corporate Nationalism as special government for the regular humans. They should have Republic or Democracy.
- Content: Added the Fasce race, a Fascist Police State type race.
- Content: Added the Grun race, an environmentalist, diplomatic and really hippie type race.
- Content: Added the Human Galactic Newsnet as an optional add-on to this mod.

(in reply to StarLab)
Post #: 31
RE: Human Revolution - 2/28/2013 9:22:44 PM   
Kalthaniell

This is an awesome mod :D

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 32
RE: Human Revolution - 2/28/2013 9:35:47 PM   
Antiscamp

Thanks, man! And your ships are equally awesome. I use all of the designs in the shipyards now. I love each and every one of them :)

(in reply to Kalthaniell)
Post #: 33
RE: Human Revolution - 2/28/2013 10:36:39 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Love this Mod! The Merch and Eva have actually been kicking my butt in some of the last games. Will DL this update ASAP.

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 34
RE: Human Revolution - 2/28/2013 11:08:54 PM   
Antiscamp

Thanks! I get kicked too, right now in my ongoing one. I'm playing the Fasce and the Humans are having their way with me. It's really nice to see.

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 3/1/2013 6:20:28 AM >

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 35
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 6:24:04 AM   
Antiscamp

Human Revolution has earned a place in the ModDB front page rotator. I didn't think this would happen with this mod, but it's fun to be there. Again. I've had mods there dozens of times, but not recently. It makes me really happy to be there with this mod and this game! :)

People. Human Revolution Needs You! Be sure to vote for Human Revolution on its ModDB page too, if you like it, because it only has three votes and a 6 of 10 right now.

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 3/1/2013 6:36:13 AM >

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 36
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 3:20:19 PM   
Igard

Wow! Good going Antiscamp!

Gave it a 10/10 to counter the idiot that only gave it a 1, and because it deserves it!

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 37
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 4:24:24 PM   
Antiscamp

Yeah, that random internet idiot who gave it a One hadn't even played it. LOL.

Thanks for the vote, Igard, much appreciated! :)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 38
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 4:37:48 PM   
Fishers of Men

Could you check and see if the "Declare War" message is missing from your optional Galactic News mod? My download does not find it. Thanks!

I see, you did not replace all the .PNG files, just some of them. Is this correct?

< Message edited by Fishers of Men -- 3/1/2013 4:40:51 PM >

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 39
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 5:21:38 PM   
Antiscamp

Yep. I only replaced some. Some of the messages seem to be constructed from several different .png's and I didn't touch them.

Do you actually see the declare war image in your game? I don't in my game, and I thought it was a leftover from previous versions of the game, so I didn't replace those paper notes with War Declared and so on.

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 3/1/2013 5:25:06 PM >

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 40
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 5:36:40 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Did you add a few new events?
I had never seen the "Strange Tech, +10% R&D for 6 months", which I got twice last night. As well there was another one I had never seen, but cannot remember the details.

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 41
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 6:01:09 PM   
Antiscamp

Wow! Then you've just been lucky, I think, because I just added the pictures and no new events at all.

When thinking about it, I got a "General has turned into an enemy spy" last night too, which I've never seen before either. However, I can't imagine how such events would occur just because I changed the .png's. Maybe we're just keeping our eyes more open. I mean - Mélissa and all.

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 3/1/2013 6:04:07 PM >

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 42
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 6:26:43 PM   
Haree78

Good work dude. Really should bother to put mine up on moddb.
A comment regarding the Cyborgs, they will get some odd names because they have the hive mind government type. Just a warning.

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 43
RE: Human Revolution - 3/1/2013 6:48:15 PM   
Antiscamp

Thank you. Thanks for the heads up on the Cyborgs. I'll check it and see how it works out, if it doesn't I'll get rid of the Hive Mind for them.

(in reply to Haree78)
Post #: 44
RE: Human Revolution - 3/15/2013 6:58:22 AM   
RavenX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antiscamp

The other is a fascist, feudal sort of police state which has problems with all other races in the galaxy than human.

I've been seriously considering adding in the Space Nazi's from "Iron Sky" :) . I'd have to sit down and draw out basically their whole fleet of ships though.

Excellent Work on the Mod btw!!! :) I haven't played it yet but I've been going through your scripts to see how things are done for a while today. I think tomorrow will be my first shot at compiling my Ultimate Sci-Fi Wars mega mod and out of all the mods I've gathered up looking for source material the races in your mod and in DW Extended seem to have the races with the best "flavor". I thoroughly enjoyed the read-thru as well. Nicely done, sir.

What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 45
RE: Human Revolution - 3/15/2013 7:39:11 AM   
Antiscamp

Thank you kindly.

The best way to learn how to mod is to dissect what others have done. When I was creating this, I was studying the Distant Worlds Extended mod, which also adds a whole bunch of new races, and I also cut up the Picard Era mod to see how things were arranged.

The most fun I've been having is working with the policy files and getting the AI to play the races as intended. That also takes a whole lot of playtesting.

(in reply to RavenX)
Post #: 46
RE: Human Revolution - 3/15/2013 7:56:12 AM   
RavenX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antiscamp

Thank you kindly.

The best way to learn how to mod is to dissect what others have done. When I was creating this, I was studying the Distant Worlds Extended mod, which also adds a whole bunch of new races, and I also cut up the Picard Era mod to see how things were arranged.

The most fun I've been having is working with the policy files and getting the AI to play the races as intended. That also takes a whole lot of playtesting.

Indeed :) . I haven't dug into the Policy files yet (I'm no coder and that's the hardest part for me). I dug through the same mods you mentioned as well and will be using assets from most of them. I'll be using the ships and at least two races from Battlestar Galactica Mod, some from the Picard Era, The Star Wars Mod, and I'm looking for good Babylon 5 assets now. I think I can make some really decent "Shadow" ships with the Cylon shipImages with only some minor photoshop edits and switching of some color pallets and I thought I saw some B5 ships around here somewhere.

< Message edited by RavenX -- 3/15/2013 7:59:49 AM >

What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 47
RE: Human Revolution - 3/16/2013 5:22:29 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: RavenX

I think I can make some really decent "Shadow" ships with the Cylon shipImages with only some minor photoshop edits and switching of some color pallets and I thought I saw some B5 ships around here somewhere.

Here's something you may use RavenX. I'm attaching a zip file with some Babylon 5 Shadow vessels
I use in a couple of my testing mods. Hope you can use some of them to base your ideas on.

Attachment (1)

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to RavenX)
Post #: 48
RE: Human Revolution - 3/16/2013 6:18:13 PM   
RavenX

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Here's something you may use RavenX. I'm attaching a zip file with some Babylon 5 Shadow vessels
I use in a couple of my testing mods. Hope you can use some of them to base your ideas on.

Brother...you Rock :). Those are Awesome and should work perfectly. Much appreciated my friend.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 49
RE: Human Revolution - 3/20/2013 11:07:02 AM   
Antiscamp

I've uploaded an update patch for Human Revolution. Get it here. Thanks go to my friend Mugais, who has helped out with the ship class names!

Also, be sure to follow my Let's Play on YouTube where I get either kicked or win playing the Merch. We'll see how it goes

Version 1.1 March 2013
Tweak: The Fasce can now build 20% larger military ships than others, and the same size civilian ships as others.
Tweak: Turned up the Fasce willingness to go colonize a bit.
Content: Mugais updated all the ship class names in the mod. All ursidian, insectoid, reptilian, rodent and amphibian races have one design name base for their race types. All humanoid races (including new human "subraces") have unique design names. Except cyborgs - they have same base with mechanoids. I merged his work with Human Revolution and all thanks goes to Mugais for his work.

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 3/20/2013 11:08:42 AM >

(in reply to RavenX)
Post #: 50
RE: Human Revolution - 3/27/2013 12:18:05 AM   
Blueberry

Just watching your let's play. Thoroughly enjoying it, mate. Good one and your mod looks quite intriguing indeed. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 51
RE: Human Revolution - 4/28/2013 9:49:53 AM   
Mugais

quote:

Thanks go to my friend Mugais, who has helped out with the ship class names!

Yeah :)

I guess if someone have ideas for more ships names - I'm always ready to see his suggestions!

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 52
RE: Human Revolution - 4/28/2013 11:07:16 AM   
Antiscamp

@Blueberry. I'm from Finland. I was actually thinking about starting another Let's Play with the Human Revolution mod now since Shadows is scheduled for the end of May. That would give me time to do another series. The next one will be in a smaller galaxy with only the Human Revolution mod factions present. Should make for an interesting game.

@Mugais. I'll be uploading the characters you've created later today too, so stay tuned. Thanks for your work! :)

(in reply to Mugais)
Post #: 53
RE: Human Revolution - 4/28/2013 9:56:57 PM   
Antiscamp

Update 1.2

I've posted the 1.2 update to ModDB. This update adds specific named characters for all the factions in Human Revolution. I hope to update these with proper portraits as well but the next big update is probably going to be after Shadows. Thanks and credits go to Mugais for working with the ship names and characters!

Download the patch here!

Continue watching for more of my Let's Play videos too. YouTube has been screwing with me all day, so I hope to get the first episode of this second LP up tomorrow.

< Message edited by Antiscamp -- 4/28/2013 9:58:43 PM >

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 54
RE: Human Revolution - 4/28/2013 10:13:41 PM   
Mugais

Any coincidences of names is accidental!

If features of the new characters are too strong/weak - let me know!

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 55
RE: Human Revolution - 5/2/2013 6:33:45 AM   
Antiscamp

Mugais: I love the name O'Brain for the human spy! I found it hilarious and he's going to be my best spy.

My new Let's Play series is now running. Check it out.

(in reply to Mugais)
Post #: 56
RE: Human Revolution - 5/2/2013 4:11:07 PM   
Fishers of Men

I have viewed the first installment of your Human Revolution LP and it looks very promising. What game speed do you prefer to use in DW, and why does that speed work best for you?

Your speaking voice-over in English is very good, with only a slight Finnish accent.

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 57
RE: Human Revolution - 5/2/2013 6:55:52 PM   
Antiscamp

Thanks, man. I usually play the game on normal speed. I find the game throws a suitable amount of events at me at that pace. During wars and at other action-filled moments it still gets too much for me and I usually get so carried away by fighting the battles and having fun that I neglect pausing and reviewing the overall situation at times. This often leads to nasty surprises. The enemy showing up in my back and things like that. Overall I find Normal speed just perfect.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 58
RE: Human Revolution - 5/2/2013 8:24:03 PM   
Mugais

I gonna update characters files soon. It will be more leaders (for several same races in one game or republic\democracy elections) and some other changes. But I think this update will be timed for "Shadows".

(in reply to Antiscamp)
Post #: 59
RE: Human Revolution - 5/2/2013 9:07:34 PM   
Antiscamp

That sounds really excellent and I'm looking forward to that!

(in reply to Mugais)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Human Revolution Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI